Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brentford are so lucky that Ipswich. Reading and Bolton look really poor and destined to go down.

Otherwise clubs could just wait until Brentford go down to league 1, then Maupay value would plummet to about 3 million.
Brentford would be financially up shit creek and would struggle to resist any tempting offers.

It'd be easy, he's 21 and scored a few goals. Only needs 3/4 clubs to be interested (any they would be, he's a striker) and that would drive the price up.

Well what's the benchmark for a scoring young striker from a championship club?

I don't suppose there is one really.

Britt Assombalonga went for £15m with a similar goal scoring record to Maupay in July 2017 when Britt was 24, so comparable.

With transfer fees obviously still on the rise, I don’t see why they wouldn’t get at least £15m but I reckon £18m-£20m.

Never understand why people think it’s a daft price tag? He isn’t for sale but he’s wanted. Supply and demand.

If someone wants my car but I’m not selling it, they can have it for silly money. Otherwise toodle-pip.

We have to realise that this is Brentford, not Sheffield United. Other teams won’t have their pants taken down so easily.

Never understand why people think it’s a daft price tag? He isn’t for sale but he’s wanted. Supply and demand.

If someone wants my car but I’m not selling it, they can have it for silly money. Otherwise toodle-pip.

We have to realise that this is Brentford, not Sheffield United. Other teams won’t have their pants taken down so easily.
Like when we took egan and o' connel off them ?

I did hear a rumour that these upcoming changes in March that the Chancer is wainting on, is that the EFL are going to 'revise' the 3 yearly loss figure from 39m to 60m.

Would it really be surprising?

If that's the case, why hasn't he gone? Only reason Abraham hasn't gone to Wolves is because he didn't want another loan move.
Because they're seeking clarification on if he's actually be able to play.

All parties seeking clarity from UEFA on whether he can play for a 3rd club after some games for Chelski earlier. I am not sure what level the games were.
UEFA wont rush a decision, player doesnt want to be in limbo until August.

Ah you got there before me. It was the Community Shield game where he played 20 mins, hence why the parties think UEFA will accept the exception, but he isn't going to go and risk being on the bench for the rest of the year.

I did hear a rumour that these upcoming changes in March that the Chancer is wainting on, is that the EFL are going to 'revise' the 3 yearly loss figure from 39m to 60m.

Would it really be surprising?

Wouldn't they be opening themselves up to a whole lot of problems/complaints if they did that though?

I'd imagine there's a few clubs who are close to the limit who could quite easily be spending a lot more. If they raised the limit all of a sudden those clubs could easily turn around and argue that it's unfair that they've stuck to the rules in the belief that spending more would lead to penalties.

Wouldn't they be opening themselves up to a whole lot of problems/complaints if they did that though?

I'd imagine there's a few clubs who are close to the limit who could quite easily be spending a lot more. If they raised the limit all of a sudden those clubs could easily turn around and argue that it's unfair that they've stuck to the rules in the belief that spending more would lead to penalties.

Do they care? It's not like they've enforced any rules so far anyway.

They won't need to disguise anything at the EFL are a set of feckless retards and will do nothing about any of the FFP shenanigans.
This is absolutely true. Further supported by their approach to the situation at Birmingham.

So the transfer window closes end of January. The one means by which a large amount of money can be raised by selling assets. One that would impact the competition by forcing a team who had unfairly strengthened to weaken their squad in order to comply with P&S.

So when is the meeting set with Birmingham? End December? Early Jan perhaps? Nope. Hearing scheduled for February.

So, knowing full well they are in financial breach and that they ought to remedy this, to the benefit of the other clubs who have adhered to FFP, the meeting gets set for the month after they can actually raise any substantial funds.

How toothless is that?

This is absolutely true. Further supported by their approach to the situation at Birmingham.

So the transfer window closes end of January. The one means by which a large amount of money can be raised by selling assets. One that would impact the competition by forcing a team who had unfairly strengthened to weaken their squad in order to comply with P&S.

So when is the meeting set with Birmingham? End December? Early Jan perhaps? Nope. Hearing scheduled for February.

So, knowing full well they are in financial breach and that they ought to remedy this, to the benefit of the other clubs who have adhered to FFP, the meeting gets set for the month after they can actually raise any substantial funds.

How toothless is that?
I think they’ve already had a hearing, hence the embargo. I assume they’ve got the JTW to sort out their finances or they’ll get further sanctions.

Unfortunatelylooks like it's going to be Assombalonga
That's what has prompted me to dig out this thread. Maupay is a completely different type of striker and would probably cost us double what Brit would but wage wise I think it would probably be about the same.
Brentford wont be paying him loads and it seems Boro are paying Assombalonga around 40k already.

Is Maupay better than Hogan was when he was firing on all cylinders for Brentford?

We didn’t see that much of Hogan and yes we’re now minted, but I really wouldn’t want us to go and pay ridiculous money for Maupay when there are potentially better options out there.

Not saying that Hogan is that option, but I’d rather take that Canos ( I think that’s his name) at Brentford or even Tammy Abraham on loan than spunk such money on a striker after one good season

Back
Top Bottom