Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It wasn’t a smart response. It was a relevant comment. I doubt you would have said it was, had it come from anyone else.

Some of you are going to be very disappointed when your favourite Bladey Blades are on the bench quite a lot next season. Me? I’ll enjoy watching the players who Tufty puts on the pitch.
Don’t really get the relevance of your second paragraph to my initial comment? Or was it because I called Sharp ‘SHARPY’ I’m now a ‘bladey blade’....must be the same crew that you dismissed when we were re-signing him.

As it says in the article "well within ffp limits"
Yes, because they're selling players. Their operating loss in 2017/18 was nearly £19m. Extrapolate that over 3 years and they're at £57m which is way over the FFP limit. I appreciate that is overly simplified but the fact remains that their financial model is entirely reliant on player sales and the generosity of Matthew Benham (who's loaned them £114m to date).

Revenue: £12.7m
Costs: £31.5m*
Operating Loss: £18.8m
Profit on player sales: £14.1m
Net other income: £0.8m
Total loss £3.9m

Wages: £17.2m
Wages/turnover: 135% (they're paying £1.35 in wages for every £1 in standard turnover. We're at 95%)

*includes £5.6m of amortised transfer fees for incoming players

On a much more serious note than Brexit.....

Could the OP please, please, please change the background colour of his letter T?
The green background is the same as the Confirmed background and it suckers me every time.

He would indeed. He has star quality. I’m concerned about G, not xG.
If 22 goals is below his xG, ace, who cares?
I don't see how you can 'expect' a certain amount of goals from a player, I just find it strange

I've been told it's quite likely, but not from a person I've ever got info from before so we'll wait and see I suppose
Seems my info was good if we’re taking what Cadette says as gospel. As we should.

Maupay has recently started following John Egan on Twitter, if his list follows my own with your most recent additions shown first.

Maupay has recently started following John Egan on Twitter, if his list follows my own with your most recent additions shown first.

Played together at Brentford though didn’t they so not sure we can read too much into that...

Played together at Brentford though didn’t they so not sure we can read too much into that...
Yeah I thought that but he's not been following him that long if the Twitter follow list is in added date order. He should be way down as it's a couple of years ago when they first played together.
With the Richard Cadette thread putting 2+2 together!

Can we just have all political comments deleted from this thread please? It's completely spoilt the content of it.
Hope I'm not included in that. In response to a post about the Brentford way of recruiting young talent from abroad as a possible model for us, I raised the issue of whether European players would require work permits if we leave the EU with no deal. Politics does affect everyday life, including sport and the Blades.

Yeah I thought that but he's not been following him that long if the Twitter follow list is in added date order. He should be way down as it's a couple of years ago when they first played together.
With the Richard Cadette thread putting 2+2 together!

I think with a recent twitter update that people you follow too will now be at the top first (previously it was the most recent follow).

If Maupay signs, will he be the first time, as the manager of any club, Wilder has signed a foreigner?

If Maupay signs, will he be the first time, as the manager of any club, Wilder has signed a foreigner?

Lavery was born in Canada but I wouldn't say he was foreign, but I suppose technically he is.

Probably the first player to be born outside of Britain and Republic of Ireland that doesn't have some link to these isles.

Unless Maupay's mother is from Swindon or summat.

Maybe the detectives working on the McCann case could make themselves useful and do a bit of European scouting on our behalf.

I love these ITK people....who's told them Bettis? Wilder? Knill? Sharpy? its all a load of rubbish. Like Wilder recently said we're hardly in a financial position to leak potential signings before they're offi

I'd recommend a re-read of danny halls excellent 'He's One of our own' book regarding the machinations that surround
almost every transfer.

Back
Top Bottom