Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I love these ITK people....who's told them Bettis? Wilder? Knill? Sharpy? its all a load of rubbish. Like Wilder recently said we're hardly in a financial position to leak potential signings before they're official.

It's like all those random people who claim to be in the SAS or have been in the SAS. During their training they are taught to withstand all manner of heinous methods of torture and cruelty, and yet after 3 pints of carling in their local they're telling everyone and their dog about their exploits.

Bloody hell, 22! I didn't know that.
Canos is 22 as well, what a scouting network those guys have.

Benrahma 23, Konsa 21, Watkins 23... they really know what they're doing when buying young (cheap!) talent.

I was just thinking what United could be like if we could combine our current setup + management team with Brentford's scouting, and I think I need a lie down.

Maupay has been playing professional football since he was 16, and was considered to be the next big thing in french football in 12/13. Proper boy wonder stuff. I think he holds the record for the youngest debut and youngest scorer in the french top flight.

He got injured and drifted for 3 years and brentford took a calculated chance on after he started scoring again in the french 2nd division.

Benrahma 23, Konsa 21, Watkins 23... they really know what they're doing when buying young (cheap!) talent.

I was just thinking what United could be like if we could combine our current setup + management team with Brentford's scouting, and I think I need a lie down.

I think they spend mega Wonga on a fairly large scouting/recruitment team don't they? Having said that, if we were to do the same then there's no better time than now to fund something similar. I'm up for some free holidays err, urrm, I mean European scouting missions

UTMB

And yet they never got close to promotion with the network or Dean Smith in charge. Too many foreign players and not enough team spirit?

It wasn’t a smart response. It was a relevant comment. I doubt you would have said it was, had it come from anyone else.

Some of you are going to be very disappointed when your favourite Bladey Blades are on the bench quite a lot next season. Me? I’ll enjoy watching the players who Tufty puts on the pitch.

Yeah you might be right.

But if you are you can’t claim any credit as you’ve said exactly the same thing before the last two seasons so it’s like continuing calling heads on the coin toss, you are going to be right at some point.

I think they spend mega Wonga on a fairly large scouting/recruitment team don't they? Having said that, if we were to do the same then there's no better time than now to fund something similar. I'm up for some free holidays err, urrm, I mean European scouting missions

UTMB
Remember to buy before October 31st. If Boris takes us out of the EU with no deal, European players will presumably be 'foreign', and subject to work permits. Feel free to correct me if that is wrong.

And yet they never got close to promotion with the network or Dean Smith in charge. Too many foreign players and not enough team spirit?

Not enough experience, of their top 11 appearance makers (based on minutes) last season: only Sawyers (27), Dalsgaard (29), Barbet (26) and Mokotjo (28) are 26 or over. They only had two players over the age of 30 make any appearances at all: Alan Judge who spent the second half of the season at Ipswich and Luke Daniels who's a goalkeeper. We, by comparison, only had O'Connell (25) and Henderson (22) under the age of 26 in our top 11 appearances with four (Duffy, McGoldrick, Basham & Sharp) in their 30s. That been-there-done-that experience played a big part in our success.

It also doesn't help that they sell at least a couple of first teamers every season. Their first choice central defenders from 2017/18 will face each other on the opening day of the new season: Egan for us and Mepham at Bournemouth.

UTMB

Their owner leverages his own sports betting company as part of their scouting, which helps... This is an interesting article on it wot I just found: https://footballbh.net/2019/05/28/brentford-championship-tactical-analysis-statistics-analysis/

If Brentford were just a wee bit more pragmatic they'd be in the PL by now.

Brentford are also selling players to fund their new stadium i suspect once that's up & running they'll be able to hold on for a bit longer.

Brentford are also selling players to fund their new stadium i suspect once that's up & running they'll be able to hold on for a bit longer.

Looks decent the new stadium, slightly hemmed in down one side due to the railway line.

Looks decent the new stadium, slightly hemmed in down one side due to the railway line.

Train lines on every side of it. It's on a bit of spare land in a triangle between them. London Irish will be groundsharing with them too and they got crowds of 21k at Reading during their peak times so i suspect it'll be a nice earner for them

Not sure I agree with that - Benham has been quite happy to put a lot of money into Brentford so the stadium funding isn't an issue. It's more that even with selling £10-£15m of players a season they still lose a significant amount of money; the new stadium should increase their income and steer them away from any potential FFP issues.

Train lines on every side of it. It's on a bit of spare land in a triangle between them. London Irish will be groundsharing with them too and they got crowds of 21k at Reading during their peak times so i suspect it'll be a nice earner for them
Looks really good - a massive upgrade on Griffin Park and its overrated pubs.

Remember to buy before October 31st. If Boris takes us out of the EU with no deal, European players will presumably be 'foreign', and subject to work permits. Feel free to correct me if that is wrong.

Yep you're right. However I'm sure they'd be okay by already being in the UK, living legally. Certainly I work with a few people who have moved over to the UK just before Brexit to ensure they can stay after the fact. It would be likely to hamper potential recruits from abroad though come January. Push up the price of the natives even more.

Not sure I agree with that - Benham has been quite happy to put a lot of money into Brentford so the stadium funding isn't an issue. It's more that even with selling £10-£15m of players a season they still lose a significant amount of money; the new stadium should increase their income and steer them away from any potential FFP issues.

FFP? They are hardly big spenders. I wonder if the costs of the scouting/research they do are part in house at brentford or at his own company. Either way it's proven xg and the like works very well!

It says that where? I said you may right. By default at least

There seemed to be a hint of disappointment. Apologies if I’m wrong. Would you welcome better players than Sharp and Duffy putting those two on the bench? I would, same goes for any other player. It does seem that Tufty is targeting those positions doesn’t it? He’s hardly going to spend millions on two strikers with one hand and give Billy a guaranteed start with the other...

I think Sharp and Duffy May well start on the bench this season, but they did last season as well.

They have a habit of proving themselves to be better than most people think.

Ideally we would be signing £30m proven Premier League players to improve on what we have in almost all positions.

We don’t have that capacity though

Arrangements are already in place for people from the European Economic Area to continue to come to the UK

That's wrong.
Maupay would already have the right to permanent residence in the UK as does any other EEA national currently living in the UK. The reality is it's very easy for any EEA national to secure permanent residence in the UK and it's been made even easier by the current government.

Can't say I've heard a single person in Sheffield talk about the level of 'corporate migration' and job losses since 2016, partitioning Ireland (isn't it already two separate countries) or resurrecting the East India Company.
The EU protecting workers rights given what's happened to workers rights over the last 40 years is a comical proposition.

So is he signing or not?

I like Maupay but I once went for dinner with a Frenchman who took an hour to eat half his dinner and drink half a bottle of beer. He kept talking about intellectual stuff, rather than Love Island. On this evidence alone I’m not sure he will fit in.

Back
Top Bottom