Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

China? Just like all those players that were offered that choice and went to China. It’s why Neymar plays for PSG, why Sánchez left Arsenal and Van Persie ended up in Turkey.

If you think, like the initial poster that Maupay would jump at the chance to play for Wilder, whilst disregarding money, you’re equally silly.

I think his money comparison should've been £15m vs. £6m

People are in China for one thing

Neil More Pie der der der der Ooo

One of the most desperate attempts to be the first to make up a song about a player for some time! In this case, we haven't even signed him yet!

Your actions will concern a lot of folk on here. Some will start composing a song for every footballer now in the professional leagues - just to stay ahead of you.

Cerberus Blade. It was a poor attempt, I’ll have a bash........

🎼🎶 Maupey’s goin ‘t Villa
Maupey’s goin ‘t Villa
Na nar nar nar, na nar nar nar 🎶

Needs polishing, what do ya think?

To the tune of "Holy Diver" by Dio / Killswitch Engage:

"Neal Maupay, you've been down too long with the Brentford Bees, oh won't you come on a free..."

Instant like for anyone who recognises this.

Yeah but but but.... BladesPod said he didn’t reach his xG last 2 seasons

xG - what a crock of shit

Make no bones about it Maupay would be a top top signing

It would genuinely be something that would concern me, unde performing your xG essentially means you’re not a very efficient finisher.

That’s fine when you’re creating a shit load of chances each game but when they are at a premium it becomes a concern.

To me he’s very much a boom or bust player - and I’d rather take mcburrie as a safer bet even with Lower upside.

I love these ITK people....who's told them Bettis? Wilder? Knill? Sharpy? its all a load of rubbish. Like Wilder recently said we're hardly in a financial position to leak potential signings before they're official.

I also think people at the club or within the game should keep their shit more too.

Amazing how often you hear people say I got told by ***** but he trusts me not to put it on social media. How about be professional and tell no fucker.

Disagree and agree.

Those stats are interesting and can show how good a striker really is (ie Billy Sharps stats are phenomenal).

Agree that Maupay would be an excellent signing. However I think its very unlikely.

Disagree and agree.

Those stats are interesting and can show how good a striker really is (ie Billy Sharps stats are phenomenal).

Agree that Maupay would be an excellent signing. However I think its very unlikely.
I don't see how you can 'expect' a certain amount of goals from a player, I just find it strange

I've been told it's quite likely, but not from a person I've ever got info from before so we'll wait and see I suppose

I love these ITK people....who's told them Bettis? Wilder? Knill? Sharpy? its all a load of rubbish. Like Wilder recently said we're hardly in a financial position to leak potential signings before they're official.

‘Sharpy’ wouldn’t know. Players are not privy to incoming transfers.

No.

Randomly started/hinted at rumour from Twitter saying we are close to signing him. Nothing else to substantiate.

Apart from your sighting obviously...
Yes, unlike them on Twitter I actually authenticate my player rumours with photos...

I don't see how you can 'expect' a certain amount of goals from a player, I just find it strange

I've been told it's quite likely, but not from a person I've ever got info from before so we'll wait and see I suppose

It’s based on a the % of goals that have gone in from the same position.

Say a shot from the 6 yard box is scored 9/10. That equates to .9 xG. Over the course of a season you look at the how often you would expect the chances to be taken and compare it to how many the player has scored.

If you’re below the XG it suggests you convert chances less often than the average player in the same position given the same chances you had.

Obviously this is only the starting point when considering strikers but it is indicative of their qualities imo. Doesn’t consider how well you did at getting / creating these chances however. So you might also want to look at say arias dual wins or successful dribbles.

It’s based on a the % of goals that have gone in from the same position.

Say a shot from the 6 yard box is scored 9/10. That equates to .9 xG. Over the course of a season you look at the how often you would expect the chances to be taken and compare it to how many the player has scored.

If you’re below the XG it suggests you convert chances less often than the average player in the same position given the same chances you had.

Obviously this is only the starting point when considering strikers but it is indicative of their qualities imo. Doesn’t consider how well you did at getting / creating these chances however. So you might also want to look at say arias dual wins or successful dribbles.
Maupay like Sharpie has got that predatory instinct all strikers miss chances but the ability to be on the end is paramount , he will get better
24? Definitely will get better !! I would take him if the price was right.

Maupay like Sharpie has got that predatory instinct all strikers miss chances but the ability to be on the end is paramount , he will get better
24? Definitely will get better !! I would take him if the price was right.

22 mate. Same as McBurnie. We should gerrembothsigned. They will only get better and increase in value. Unlike the battered old Austin some would settle for...

I’m not sure why you felt the need to give a smart response. You know the point I was making

It wasn’t a smart response. It was a relevant comment. I doubt you would have said it was, had it come from anyone else.

Some of you are going to be very disappointed when your favourite Bladey Blades are on the bench quite a lot next season. Me? I’ll enjoy watching the players who Tufty puts on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom