Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hogan is worth every penny of £3m and if he is available at that price, with a subtle drop in wage demands, he will have his pick of clubs.

UTB
Agree with that. I just think he should be a squad player. Was superb for Brentford and there is a reason he went for 12m.

He's been unlucky with injuries and getting picked - remind you of anyone?

Still no movement on Maupay.

I could imagine it’s a choice of Villa or SUFC.

Then it’s about will he play more here or there and wages etc.

Still no movement on Maupay.

I could imagine it’s a choice of Villa or SUFC.

Then it’s about will he play more here or there and wages etc.

Or Seville if the rumour of his agent going there are true!
I suggest there is no movement due to the figures quoted to sign him, and at the point where the fee went north of £10m we left the auction!

Or Seville if the rumour of his agent going there are true!
I suggest there is no movement due to the figures quoted to sign him, and at the point where the fee went north of £10m we left the auction!

I really fear for us next season if we aren’t willing to pay over £10m for a striker.

Every single signing in the history of football has been a gamble

This 💯..

Teams sign fantastic players all the time who don't fit the system or style - Veron at Man Utd. Britton at United etc..
Teams also sign players that don't appear to be great on appear then turn out to be a masterstroke - Leon Clarke for example.

Every signing is a gamble but the best thing about CWAK is that if a player isn't working, they act on it quickly and get shut.

Or maybe Maupay isn't our 1st choice and McBurnie is?

Do you seriously think we will be able to sign McBurnie for less than £10m?

If we had a 23 year old striker who had scored 24 goals in a season, us fans would rightly go crazy at the board if we didn’t get over £10m. In fact we’d probably be moaning if the board didn’t get £20m!

How about both?
This forum seems to have perked up a bit, theres quite a bit of optimism around regarding our transfers again... McBurnie and Maupay wouldn't just complement each other really well but what a statement that would also be.

It would but I think we'll only buy one £10m+ player.

If we had a 23 year old striker who had scored 24 goals in a season, us fans would rightly go crazy at the board if we didn’t get over £10m. In fact we’d probably be moaning if the board didn’t get £20m!

No, we'll pay more if we can get him.

You seem to be assuming we won’t pay over £10m for a striker though, just because we (apparently) won’t pay the overinflated asking price for Maupay.

You seem to be assuming we won’t pay over £10m for a striker though, just because we (apparently) won’t pay the overinflated asking price for Maupay.

I never said we wouldn’t, I’m just pointing out that if anyone thinks we can get a Championship striker who is any good, for less than £10m, they are delusional.

We need two strikers.
If we get Hogan and Madine we will get relegated by Christmas.

Looking around it seems incredibly hard trying to find suitable strikers. We really need to be scouting in Europe and looking to find some hidden gems.

Charlie Austin or / and Jay Rodrigues
Then just a pacy striker.

We need two strikers.
If we get Hogan and Madine we will get relegated by Christmas.

Looking around it seems incredibly hard trying to find suitable strikers. We really need to be scouting in Europe and looking to find some hidden gems.

Charlie Austin or / and Jay Rodrigues
Then just a pacy striker.

Hogan will go on loan to a Championship club, probably QPR. Can't see Madine coming back.

Nah mate, we would have accepted £3m with the odd add on. That's the Blades way.

Hogan will go on loan to a Championship club, probably QPR. Can't see Madine coming back.

I have it on good authority that United want Madine back , whether he will come back is another thing. Cardiff want more than United are prepared to pay.

Madine did a job for us but at times looked clumsy and clueless. He's nowhere near Premier League standard. I actually think Hogan could potentially be a decent signing but he needs to rediscover his Brentford form. I would be concerned if we signed either tbh. I guess he might see Madine as a loan? We can loan Championship players on top of the two Premier League ones, I think?

I have it on good authority that United want Madine back , whether he will come back is another thing. Cardiff want more than United are prepared to pay.
Why would we want him back.
He did nothing for Cardiff in the Prem and didn’t really set the world on fire for us.
Bad mistake if Wilder wastes money on him.

Why would we want him back.
He did nothing for Cardiff in the Prem and didn’t really set the world on fire for us.
Bad mistake if Wilder wastes money on him.

I’m not saying I do , I’m saying that’s what Wilder wants

Back
Top Bottom