Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was at Brentford last season and did nothing.

However, as proven with Waghorn, all you need is one decent season and the asking price goes mental.

Look at Tammy Abraham now - Chelsea apparently think his Championship exploits are worthy of a 50m price tag!

absolutely bonkers - interesting that Ken Anderson at Bolton said yesterday. his pockets aren't deep enough to run Bolton and is looking to sell.

Worlds going bonkers - football has already gone bonkers.

UTB

Villa think they need more strikers?

wtf%20%282%29.gif

Look at Tammy Abraham now - Chelsea apparently think his Championship exploits are worthy of a 50m price tag!

That's more to do with his age, nationality and performances for the England youth teams, rather than his championship exploits.

He was at Brentford last season and did nothing.

However, as proven with Waghorn, all you need is one decent season and the asking price goes mental.

Chelsea accepted a 16m bid from wolves for Abraham

Certainly worth Brentford trying to maximise their proceeds if they have no need/wish to sell and anyone is desperate enough for a striker. However, H'field simply won't pay that and Villa no longer have the need for a new striker if Abraham does indeed stay so I can't see him going anywhere, which might just keep Brentford up this season

Certainly worth Brentford trying to maximise their proceeds if they have no need/wish to sell and anyone is desperate enough for a striker. However, H'field simply won't pay that and Villa no longer have the need for a new striker if Abraham does indeed stay so I can't see him going anywhere, which might just keep Brentford up this season

Will be interesting how Villa disguise the potential 20m outlay in their accounts. They were on the edge of FFP previous to their takeover. The takeover doesn't change that.

If that's the case, why hasn't he gone? Only reason Abraham hasn't gone to Wolves is because he didn't want another loan move.
There's some doubt whether FIFA would clear Abraham to play if he went on loan. If Chelsea decide to sell him outright then he might still go to Wolves.

If that's the case, why hasn't he gone? Only reason Abraham hasn't gone to Wolves is because he didn't want another loan move.

All parties seeking clarity from UEFA on whether he can play for a 3rd club after some games for Chelski earlier. I am not sure what level the games were.
UEFA wont rush a decision, player doesnt want to be in limbo until August.

12 goals in a season for a top 7/8 championship side, is not a 20m quid striker.

He was only 21, so 12 league goals wasn’t a bad season. Add to that the goals he’s scored this season and the current market, £20m sounds achievable to me.

He was only 21, so 12 league goals wasn’t a bad season. Add to that the goals he’s scored this season and the current market, £20m sounds achievable to me.

Well what's the benchmark for a scoring young striker from a championship club?

I don't suppose there is one really.

U
All parties seeking clarity from UEFA on whether he can play for a 3rd club after some games for Chelski earlier. I am not sure what level the games were.
UEFA wont rush a decision, player doesnt want to be in limbo until August.
under 23 I think

Do they? Egan looks an absolute steal at £4m.

absolutely - the 3 at the back scenario is taylor made for Egan - he seems to revel in the challenge of patrolling the centre.

looks quite daunting when both bash and JOC go wide, yet Egan is quick and reads the game ever so well.

Fantastic business by the club

UTB

Do they? Egan looks an absolute steal at £4m.

Please stick to the agenda Mr Magic...

We “literally” give away our best players. No other club does. They all get top dollar.

Other clubs are fantastic. All of them.

We ❤️ Other Clubs.

how much did we pay for JO'C?

Egan looks great business for us now. But Brentford and their fans thought they’d had our pants down at £4m. Even some on here thought we’d paid over the odds at the time.

No agenda by the way fellas. :)

JOC was absolutely peanuts. They gave Alfie Mawson away a few years back too. But neither were key players for them.

I was referencing the fact they managed to get £10m+ for both Andre Gray and Scott Hogan. Jota went for big money too. As did Ryan Woods. Now they want £15m for Mepham and £20m Maupay.

We “literally” give away our best players. No other club does. They all get top dollar.

We ❤️ Other Clubs.
they may ask 20m , doesnt mean theyll get it
hes 10m at best

we can ask 8m for Clarke at this rate

We ❤️ Other Clubs.

We give away players who have done nothing in the game and hardly feature for us, that’s the difference.

If Chelsea offered 10 million NOW for the highly rated Kean Bryan would you sell or demand 20 million? We could say all our talents go on to be massive successes so he’ll be an England international worth 80 million in a few years, so 20 million is a bargain. Do you think others clubs would swallow it? Of course, players with talent starting their careers are still big risks.

Egan looks great business for us now. But Brentford and their fans thought they’d had our pants down at £4m. Even some on here thought we’d paid over the odds at the time.

No agenda by the way fellas. :)

JOC was absolutely peanuts. They gave Alfie Mawson away a few years back too. But neither were key players for them.

I was referencing the fact they managed to get £10m+ for both Andre Gray and Scott Hogan. Jota went for big money too. As did Ryan Woods. Now they want £15m for Mepham and £20m Maupay.

And I tell you something, I'd take all three of ours over Mepham.

Brentford are so lucky that Ipswich. Reading and Bolton look really poor and destined to go down.

Otherwise clubs could just wait until Brentford go down to league 1, then Maupay value would plummet to about 3 million.
Brentford would be financially up shit creek and would struggle to resist any tempting offers.

Back
Top Bottom