Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is Maupay better than Hogan was when he was firing on all cylinders for Brentford?

We didn’t see that much of Hogan and yes we’re now minted, but I really wouldn’t want us to go and pay ridiculous money for Maupay when there are potentially better options out there.

Not saying that Hogan is that option, but I’d rather take that Canos ( I think that’s his name) at Brentford or even Tammy Abraham on loan than spunk such money on a striker after one good season
Very good point with Hogan, Maupay and Canos are 22 though.
With Chelsea's transfer ban I think Abraham is probably a write off.

Very good point with Hogan, Maupay and Canos are 22 though.
With Chelsea's transfer ban I think Abraham is probably a write off.

I think Maupay is probably a 2nd season signing in the prem at that price. I know we have a healthy budget but I don’t see us breaking the bank on one player like that. It’s still a risk.

Hogan as an example could be picked up for much, much less and we know him (if we want him).

I imagine we’ll max out at £10 Million for one player, but probably less

When you look at the squad we have now that the retained list is out, we have quite a few gaps to fill.

I also expect that some of those transfer listed may be out to prove themselves to either get a move or force their way into the first team again

and that he's on Chelsea's books which instantly makes you world class :D

If Chelsea got him he would be straight loaned out like the other 30,000 young lads who play for them. In fact aren't Chelsea banned for two transfer windows?

I'd be happy with either.

Surely they must be our top 2 targets this summer.
I think Abraham is a little out of our reach in regards to a permanent transfer. Think he would cost north of £20m and Chelsea's ongoing transfer embargo just complicates things even more.

Maupay would be a wise signing - future proofing the squad in case of relegation etc.

Spending half the budget on Maupay as soon as we're promoted would certainly be a nice kick in the bollocks for Billy Sharp.

Abraham would cost more I reckon, and I can't see Chelsea letting him go again. I'm surprised they did last season.

If it's to tell me you've got a 2 for 1 on cat litter, I'm in. Anything else, I'll get back to you, I'm quite busy getting ignored on milf.com.

I've decided to find it hilarious.................

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I reckon a lot of you are going to be very disappointed when you find out that:

A: We can't afford Maupay
B: Tammy Abraham stays at Chelsea

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I reckon a lot of you are going to be very disappointed when you find out that:

We can’t afford Maupay?

If we can’t afford Maupay then perhaps we’d better let someone else have our spot in the big league. :)

Agree regards ‘B’ though.

I think a lot would be delighted if we just signed Maupay and nobody else...

Wasn’t Abraham linked with Everton? Would put us out the picture straight away, even if we’re ever in it.

We can’t afford Maupay?

If we can’t afford Maupay then perhaps we’d better let someone else have our spot in the big league. :)

Agree regards ‘B’ though.

Well he's going to cost £20m+ and we've got to spread our budget (I'm guessing around £50m) across about 8 or 9 players.

You think it's a goer?

Surely it is not about who the Blades can afford and more about whether it is the prudent thing to do?
CW has achieved success through the strength in depth of the squad and not that of individual players.
Maupay and Abraham are good prospects but still unproven in the Premier and at the prices quoted would be a huge gamble for a club with our modest resources?

Tammy Abraham and Maupay are likely to be beyond our reach, Abraham might even be given a chance at Chelsea given that their under a transfer embargo. Assombalonga would improve what we have. He has pace, he can finish when on form (that's the key bit with him) and he's good in the air.

But for me our most realistic option up top who would improve us the most is OIllie McBurnie. I doubt he'll command the interest that Maupay will and he is from Yorkshire and would surely fancy a move to us. He's a unit, can score goals from outside the box, as well as tap ins, he is good in the air and he can bring others into play. I think McBurnie should be our top forward target, and he's still young of course.

Well he's going to cost £20m+ and we've got to spread our budget (I'm guessing around £50m) across about 8 or 9 players.

You think it's a goer?
I’m not saying it’s a goer but I certainly think we can afford him if Wilder wants him.

I’m not saying it’s a goer but I certainly think we can afford him if Wilder wants him.

We can afford him in a literal sense, but in reality it would use a huge chunk of our budget and leave us no money for the rest of the squad.

I'm sure I could afford a Lamborghini if I sold my house and all my possessions.

Back
Top Bottom