Neal Maupay £20 Million

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Scooter_mcgavin

Reaction score
He was at Brentford last season and did nothing.

However, as proven with Waghorn, all you need is one decent season and the asking price goes mental.

Look at Tammy Abraham now - Chelsea apparently think his Championship exploits are worthy of a 50m price tag!

Fulwood Blade

Reaction score
absolutely bonkers - interesting that Ken Anderson at Bolton said yesterday. his pockets aren't deep enough to run Bolton and is looking to sell.

Worlds going bonkers - football has already gone bonkers.

UTB

Scooter_mcgavin

Reaction score
Top Brentford scorer last season - 12 (13 in all comps.) This season - 15 (16 in all comps.) 27 league goals in 66 league appearances for Brentford.
12 goals in a season for a top 7/8 championship side, is not a 20m quid striker.

Chali 2na

The Tuna fish that descended from Lake Michigan
Reaction score
Look at Tammy Abraham now - Chelsea apparently think his Championship exploits are worthy of a 50m price tag!
That's more to do with his age, nationality and performances for the England youth teams, rather than his championship exploits.

Fanny magnet

Reaction score
He was at Brentford last season and did nothing.

However, as proven with Waghorn, all you need is one decent season and the asking price goes mental.

Chelsea accepted a 16m bid from wolves for Abraham

Mouth of the South

Reaction score
Certainly worth Brentford trying to maximise their proceeds if they have no need/wish to sell and anyone is desperate enough for a striker. However, H'field simply won't pay that and Villa no longer have the need for a new striker if Abraham does indeed stay so I can't see him going anywhere, which might just keep Brentford up this season

Scooter_mcgavin

Reaction score
Certainly worth Brentford trying to maximise their proceeds if they have no need/wish to sell and anyone is desperate enough for a striker. However, H'field simply won't pay that and Villa no longer have the need for a new striker if Abraham does indeed stay so I can't see him going anywhere, which might just keep Brentford up this season
Will be interesting how Villa disguise the potential 20m outlay in their accounts. They were on the edge of FFP previous to their takeover. The takeover doesn't change that.

BerksBlade

97.3% Blade
Reaction score
If that's the case, why hasn't he gone? Only reason Abraham hasn't gone to Wolves is because he didn't want another loan move.
There's some doubt whether FIFA would clear Abraham to play if he went on loan. If Chelsea decide to sell him outright then he might still go to Wolves.

Hilly

Reaction score
If that's the case, why hasn't he gone? Only reason Abraham hasn't gone to Wolves is because he didn't want another loan move.
All parties seeking clarity from UEFA on whether he can play for a 3rd club after some games for Chelski earlier. I am not sure what level the games were.
UEFA wont rush a decision, player doesnt want to be in limbo until August.

YES Blade

Reaction score
12 goals in a season for a top 7/8 championship side, is not a 20m quid striker.
He was only 21, so 12 league goals wasn’t a bad season. Add to that the goals he’s scored this season and the current market, £20m sounds achievable to me.

Scooter_mcgavin

Reaction score
He was only 21, so 12 league goals wasn’t a bad season. Add to that the goals he’s scored this season and the current market, £20m sounds achievable to me.
Well what's the benchmark for a scoring young striker from a championship club?

I don't suppose there is one really.

Yellarbellyblade

Reaction score
U
All parties seeking clarity from UEFA on whether he can play for a 3rd club after some games for Chelski earlier. I am not sure what level the games were.
UEFA wont rush a decision, player doesnt want to be in limbo until August.
under 23 I think

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom