Incoming? Nathaniel Chalobah

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Any out of favour Premier League midfielders who can play in defence/defenders who can play in midfield we aren't interested in?

Pretty clear where Tufty feels we still need to strengthen. He’s right. It’s not just Lundstram as many would have us believe. I fear (very much hope I’m wrong) that Norwood and Fleck may both find the Prem a step too far. As ever, we shall see. I am wrong from time to time...

It's clear we have a fire full or irons and will be strengthening with this specific type of player.

Another loan link also indicates truth to the talk of trying to sign Holgate permanently.

Pretty clear where Tufty feels we still need to strengthen. He’s right. It’s not just Lundstram as many would have us believe. I fear (very much hope I’m wrong) that Norwood and Fleck may both find the Prem a step too far. As ever, we shall see. I am wrong from time to time...
Fleck will be fine
Norwood a bit more concerning but I think will be fine

But we will most certainly need good competition. Of that there is no doubt. And we don't currently have it.

As good as they are we will need 2 to compete with them both as we don't know how good they will be in the Premier League

Fleck will be fine
Norwood a bit more concerning but I think will be fine

But we will most certainly need good competition. Of that there is no doubt. And we don't currently have it.

I’m not so sure. He was often caught in possession and sloppily gave the ball away in the Championship. He lacks pace. Prem midfielders will go past him and there’s no chance of him recovering. I read very little into jeux amicaux but he was wholly ineffective against Stade de Reims. Norwood too. We were completely outplayed in midfield. Only Lundstram got any stick though...

You haven’t reassured me I’m afraid.

Great player I'm amazed they would consider letting him go ,Chelsea fans were fuming that he went for such a low fee
Was on the verge of playing for England before injury

I’m not so sure. He was often caught in possession and sloppily gave the ball away in the Championship. He lacks pace. Prem midfielders will go past him and there’s no chance of him recovering. I read very little into jeux amicaux but he was wholly ineffective against Stade de Reims. Norwood too. We were completely outplayed in midfield. Only Lundstram got any stick though...

But lets just forget Norwood being the engineer/fulcrum of any positive forward play during the game but fuck that we need more big bastards to slam the opposition and gerrit clear.

I'm not here to reassure you and I wouldn't try to - the proof will be in the pudding either way

But lets just forget Norwood being the engineer/fulcrum of any positive forward play during the game but fuck that we need more big bastards to slam the opposition and gerrit clear.

It’s all about quality. Most of the Premier League big bastards are technically adept, tactically aware athletes gifted with power and pace as well as startling ball skills. That’s the level at which we must now compete. I’m not a huge Fleck fan, I admit so by all means take that into account but I’ve never before doubted Norwood.

It’s a new and different world. We can only take with us those who are good enough. I hope both of them are, but we need to prepare prudently for ‘no deal’ as it were. Tufty has recruited Freeman, Osborn and, perhaps crucially, Ravel. We need precisely the type of player he is now obviously chasing. I fear some Blades want him to make the omelette without breaking our popular eggs. Something has to give and it won't be the manager.

This must be the 10th defensive midfielder that Peter O'Rourke has linked us to over the last week. Covering all grounds isn't he.
It's more than likely we've enquired about them all
Think this will be our last signing and maybe our most important

This must be the 10th defensive midfielder that Peter O'Rourke has linked us to over the last week. Covering all grounds isn't he.

Maybe we should sign him - covers a lot of ground, good attribute for a Centre Mid??

years loan then paying half his wage

Lundstram is the immediate problem,he is without doubt not good enough.If either or both Fleck and Norwood fail to step up and make the grade in the premiership then we will be very busy in the January transfer window.

He's a cracking player. I'm surprised he's only played a handful of times for Watford.

Sign him. We need a quality midfielder. Get him, and Holgate and the team is complete.

Lundstram is the immediate problem,he is without doubt not good enough.If either or both Fleck and Norwood fail to step up and make the grade in the premiership then we will be very busy in the January transfer window.

Never fear. Ravs will save our midfield.

He's a cracking player. I'm surprised he's only played a handful of times for Watford.

Sign him. We need a quality midfielder. Get him, and Holgate and the team is complete.

He doesn't seem to be the same player since his bad injury. That's not to say that he wouldn't still improve Utd's midfield but I doubt he'd be cheap in terms of either fee or salary.

Right I’ll put my cards on the table and say this one will be completed tomorrow. Permanent for a fee of around £10m which allows us to sign Holgate as the final remaining Loan is my calculated guess. Abdoulaye Doucouré Staying at Watford and Norwich signing Ibrahim Amadou who plays CDM means we are in poll position to win his signature. Exactly the player we need and very much a Wilder type signing! Very tidy and intelligent footballer. He would be an excellent signing!

Right I’ll put my cards on the table and say this one will be completed tomorrow. Permanent for a fee of around £10m which allows us to sign Holgate as the final remaining Loan is my calculated guess. Abdoulaye Doucouré Staying at Watford and Norwich signing Ibrahim Amadou who plays CDM means we are in poll position to win his signature. Exactly the player we need and very much a Wilder type signing! Very tidy and intelligent footballer would be a excellent signing!

Do you play poker?

Back
Top Bottom