My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

IIRC, your response was personal and somewhat childish. Hence, 'rusks'. I shouldn't have to explain, let alone to you, but I am okay with people who say 'I disagree, and here is why', but you're all about the ad hominem straight away, aren't you? Which says more about you than me. And as before, if you don't like what I put, scroll the fuck on past and don't comment. I don't give a shit if you do.

Roll it back two seconds and you'll see how Camara danced through our big old midfield and advanced toward our 18 yard box with that wingback in acres of space, free to run on goal. Given the shit-your-pants way we had to defend that (and I'd add that an angled drive low into the far corner would have beaten Ramsdale any day) it hardly suggests us being 'in control' of our first division opponents, does it?

What was it then? A lucky deflection? Wind assisted? A poor VAR decision? Face it, they pressed us started playing further up the pitch, Norwood was already being outrun and picked up a yellow and Lundstram is caught in possession, dispossessed, Basham makes a fuck up of the challenge and it's squared to their man and he tucks it under Ramsdale. Not exactly luck, is it? More 'pressing' and outfighting us in the middle of the park and burying the chance, from the same spot Lundstram missed in the first half.

Yes, because as with most games this season, he gets found out and can't defend and ends up legging his opponent up, frustrated by his lack of ability and energy. I get that when he's up against PL players - then he does it against Plymouth. That's not 'solid', is it? They know what his game is and they play round it and counter it. NOte: I haven't suggested we were any better with Ampadu in the CM role. Note also: I consistently say that three in midfield is our undoing this season and all three 'regulars' are not a patch on last season and this isn't 'recent' news - since lockdown the midfield has been a disaster. See also Norwood's crossing which until recently has been hitting the first man on the front stick.

Yes I do. Booting it all over the pitch to no effect is simply showing off, especially if the receiver is instantly put under pressure or is in no position to capitalise on space in front of him. See also these neatly clipped balls across the backline which twenty seconds later are going the other way. Looks great. Achieves nothing. Now if you want to go watch Oliver Norwood do that for ninety minutes then groovy, fill your boots. But as soon as he actually looks up and there is Billy Sharp, back to defender, opening the door for a central through pass we are suddenly in on goal and two-up. Go check and see if I praised that, will you? No need for this fancy-arsed 'ping'. Just find a fucking forward, eh? As it stood with that, Plymouth were expecting him to go sideways again and a huge space opened up in front into which he could have run into also, something else he's not great at doing.

Yep - we should have been four up and controlling the game. But it wasn't because Norwood was subbed that we started to shit our pants and let them get back at us. We were still error prone and going nowhere before that, hence two nil instead of four.

Glad we are discussing the game here. Makes a change.

pommpey
You can’t help yourself can you, “says a lot more about you than me”. The constant point scoring is cringe worthy.

So do you agree he wasn’t clean on goal? Because that was all I said. Nothing to do with the decent bit of play from Camara. And now you’re spinning it to ‘if he put it in the bottom corner he would’ve scored’. No shit. Would’ve done tremendously well to score from there. That one half chance hardly suggests we weren’t in control either.

Everything else you’ve said has been repeated over and over, we just simply disagree on how comfortable we were prior to their goal. Gonna leave it there it’s been a long day for me. Rusk time.

You can’t help yourself can you, “says a lot more about you than me”. The constant point scoring is cringe worthy.

We've also had a 'playing the man' and 'fuck off and don't read it', so somebody might already have a line on the Pommpey bingo card

Fucking hell. Pot/kettle moment standing tall there. For someone who ventures onto a thread a while back with a personal attack rather than a football debate and then gets served, it does say more about you.

So do you agree he wasn’t clean on goal? Because that was all I said. Nothing to do with the decent bit of play from Camara. And now you’re spinning it to ‘if he put it in the bottom corner he would’ve scored’. No shit. Would’ve done tremendously well to score from there. That one half chance hardly suggests we weren’t in control either.

No, I still say he was clean on goal. Had Camara slotted it through we were wide open on that flank and he was straight on to get into the box unchallenged. I even thought at the time 'why doesn't he square it?' It's not great control over a game when your entire right flank is open to exploitation, especially when you have such a poor goalkeeper as your last line.

Everything else you’ve said has been repeated over and over, we just simply disagree on how comfortable we were prior to their goal. Gonna leave it there it’s been a long day for me. Rusk time.

Enjoy.

We've also had a 'playing the man' and 'fuck off and don't read it', so somebody might already have a line on the Pommpey bingo card

From someone with form for both, namely reading my posts and playing the man. Why exactly, when 'My take' pops up, are you here? Why not start your own thread? Go on. Give it a go.

Shit, I just had “paperboys” to go

Looks like I've got myself a fan club.

pommpey

Yeah, we won. A win is a win and all that. But in honestly, can we all acknowledge that just like the Bristol Rovers game, we made the gap in expected capability between the two teams seem a little narrower. It's also okay coming out with old tropes like 'The FA Cup is a great leveller' and 'you should never expect a win', but if it is a win, you should not be making it look so treasured, or so rare. We didn't beat Everton, Aston Villa or even West Ham today. We (narrowly) beat Plymouth Argyle, eleventh in two divisions below. Today's match made it look like we were in the playoffs in that division and we'd just pulled off another valuable victory and three points, and maybe we were back on with an automatic slot come May. It's not like Plymouth are any good either. For the first twenty minutes they hardly got into our half and they gave us that mandatory ten square feet of space around every player which made initial forays up the wings easy to do, and Norwood to smack the ball stylishly across the pitch, like he does. Too many times Argyle failed to close up the gaps when we were in possession, a luxury we don't have in our 'day-job' of surviving in the Premier League. But fuck me, how much do we need in front of goal to make it count? We still seem a bit shot-shy at times and despite Brewster having an unthreatening shot on target, a fluffed chance six yards out and Lundstram missing a fucking sitter, it's only when our centre back pops up on the back stick to nod home with the sureity required from our forward line (McBurnie - pay the fuck attention)

But we again showed some alarming lack of attention to detail and Plymouth regularly showed threat, especially when involving Camara. We seemed to want to show them the same amount of space after we'd scored and were lucky not to go in for the break 1-1 or even worse. The second half still failed to impress. Where you'd expect us to come out firing and organised and ready to put Argyle to the sword and finish the game off, we are still playing Wilderball. knocking the ball across the back four and up one wing, until we are met with a block, backwards, across the back four and down the other wing, rinse and repeat. Norwood has acres of space to show off, Ampadu is knocking it long and we aren't doing much until thank fuck, Norwood spots Billy, slots him a pass and he's in, round the keeper and it's in the net. Amazing what you can do when you change the fucking record once in a while.

Then Plymouth smell blood and we are defending - properly - for too-long spells of the game and giving sloppy, predictable balls away. And with equal predictability (and maybe one of Deadbat or ROYs bingo card regulars, Norwood is caught in possession, chases back and fouls the opposition. And more - we still fuck up possession, fail to manage the panic and Camara - who'd looked threatening all game and really was Norwood's to cancel out, is free in the box and does what Lundstram should have done in the first half from the same position. I reckon however had he hit it low down and pretty central maybe Cooper would have got his body behind it, instead Ramsdale (bingo moment) flops down and allows it under his body, like he did with Rashford's.

FULL HOUSE CALLED IN THE LOUNGE, BARRY!

After this, we are simply hanging on and thank for it didn't go to extra time. They'd have beaten us, definitely. As soon as they scored, a thought bubble popped out of every United player's head which read, "Oh fuck. We're gonna lose now." It wouldn't have taken much either. We looked desperately fragile in the final ten minutes and Plymouth seemed to be enjoying us on the ropes.

Quite simply, yet another desperate, dismal, disappointing outcome with a win we 'achieved' but possibly didn't deserve. Neither did Plymouth to be honest, but that in measure is what we have now quickly become - another version of Adkin's strugglers a few short seasons ago. Wilder might chide us with regard 'the system' but even if it shades past a pretty average third division outfit hoping the remaining minutes will be kind, then his system still isn't working and I fear for our credibility against Manchester United.

Ramsdale 3/10: Still shockingly below what we need playing where we are and aspiring for survival or an FA cup run. Even the BBC commentator thinks he's shit, and women's game goalkeeping itself is one of the great debating points of the cross-gender comparison. When I suggest the women's game is actually entertaining and good to watch, the less politically correct observers just illustrate some of the fucking howlers women keepers make, and it kinda deflates the balloon somewhat. In short, Ramsdale should play for Sheff Utd women, and mebbe we should have their keeper? Discuss.
Bogle 5/10: Iffy game with him in and out of it. Looked far from comfortable at times up against another 5-3-2 wingback system
Basham 5/10: Well taken goal but over the past few matches has dropped in form and seems to be finding it difficult
Egan 7/10: As usual, the rock at the back
Ampadu 5.5/10: Better game from him but he's still not impressive, even when given space to maraud forward
Stevens 6.5/10: Managed to exploit space Argyle gave him to get intto places of danger then simply passed wrongly or fluffed up the initiative
Lundstram 4.5/10: Drops 1.5 points for that fucking sitter. Otherwise was involved with little outcome
Norwood 4/10: Slightly better game from him and a really great pass to Sharp, but otherwise he was just showing off.
Fleck 5/10: Seems to be standing still at times or frustrated at the lack of options when he is on the ball. He's not even 50% of the John Fleck of 12 months ago
Brewster 3/10: Unimpressed by his failure to put chances away. There is no fucking way he is worth £23m
Sharp 6/10: Put a shift in and was rewarded with a well taken goal. But outside of that was a victim of shit service

Baldock 5/10: Furious George. Good to see him back
Bryan 4/10: Thought he was no better than Ampadu
Burke 5/10: Typical gutsy performance but with fuck all to show
McGoldrick unmarked

Really surprised Wilder didn't capitalise on this game to bring in some alternate players and a change in lineup. He seems stuck on 5-3-2 and like I say, it costs us. Personally I would have liked to have seen Rodwell, Verrips, Lowe make a start to refresh the system but no, it's Wilderball from start to finish and we were nearly put to the sword because of this. Bristol City might not be so timid to punish our weaknesses as Argyle today. Although we walk away from today with a win - three in four - I urge people to look at that run for what it is - a scraped FA Cup sin against a Div Two team where we were still not impressive, a win against a very underperforming Premiership side with a VAR goal the difference and today, where we hung onto our victory and could have thrown it away.

Finally: Ref/VAR - cunts. That handball was handball with a strawberry flavoured, spit-lubricated, ribbed condom slid on it and up-with-a-'hup! into the slack, well trafficked yet one would imagine accommodating warmth of Katie Price's tattered fundament. Arms in unnatural position - check, Player crossing flight of ball - check. Ball falling to advantage of opposition - check. Had that been Liverpool or Spurs, the cunt would have been redded and had his head kicked in outside the ground, and on the coach on the way back to Pastyland, moi loverrrr.

pommpey
The second half still failed to impress. Where you'd expect us to come out firing and organised and ready to put Argyle to the sword and finish the game off, we are still playing Wilderball. knocking the ball across the back four and up one wing, until we are met with a block, backwards, across the back four and down the other wing, rinse and repeat. Norwood has acres of space to show off, Ampadu is knocking it long and we aren't doing much until thank fuck, Norwood spots Billy, slots him a pass and he's in, round the keeper and it's in - didn't we score after about 65 seconds of the 2nd half ?

If what we hear is true we have a great chance against MU on Wednesday.

Apparently they score mostly via counter attacks! As we don't actually seem to attack, they will have nothing to counter & we will have nullified their main goal scoring weapon!

Blimey. 'Deficit Assessment Model', 'Constructivist Approach' and 'Appreciative Inquiry'. Check out the big brains on Brad. You're a clever motherfucker. FYI, I have completed countless leadership and management modules in my satisfyingly complete career. There still is no substitute to removing a serially underperforming member of your team if he or she is hampering progress of the mission. You can sit and clap someone who cleans a marine gas turbine engine really well, but if the fucking fucker is fucked, and stays fucked because this fucker is fucking shit, then it's your job to get someone in who can fix it, or you ship sits idle alongside and misses the war. And yes, I have acknowledge the win in the post. Go read it again. Just because I'm not pissing down my trouser leg we beat two lower division sides without a fight doesn't mean I don't want to see us progress. I'd rather we took Plymouth on however and beat them more convincingly. Regardless of your above assessment, I still consider us to be a Premier League side. That's what it says on the badges, anyway.

giphy.gif

"My bat, my ball and I'm taking them home."

Grow up.
No love. More, 'why are you here to discuss football, when all you want to do is make the thread about me?'

And you've done it for years.

Me ... grow up?

I've said it to you before ... just put me on ignore. Loads have. It suits them, and it suits me. Loads just don't bother going into my threads, because they think I'm full of shit. I truly respect their fortitude and integrity. Then there's you, and a few others. I'll do 'My take' on the next match, and you just won't be able to help yourself. It just HAS to be done. Loads agree, loads more disagree, but on the whole, the debate is about the Blades and the match. What exactly is your problem?

pommpey

Christ. That took you a while to firstly read that, then work the controls to find that .gif.

And still I doubt anyone knows what the fuck you're on about.

Never mind. Another one, taking up valuable bandwidth.

Thanks, Rodley. Love your suit.

pommpey

No love. More, 'why are you here to discuss football, when all you want to do is make the thread about me?'

And you've done it for years.

Me ... grow up?

I've said it to you before ... just put me on ignore. Loads have. It suits them, and it suits me. Loads just don't bother going into my threads, because they think I'm full of shit. I truly respect their fortitude and integrity. Then there's you, and a few others. I'll do 'My take' on the next match, and you just won't be able to help yourself. It just HAS to be done. Loads agree, loads more disagree, but on the whole, the debate is about the Blades and the match. What exactly is your problem?

pommpey

So your logic is that anyone who disagrees shouldn't read your thread and certainly not respond.

Serial disagreers such as myself, should 'do one'.

Sounds like a fantastic recipe for a dull forum.

I wouldn't get too carried away with the idea that me and the other naughty boys, make it about you.
You really aren't that important, despite having your 'own thread'.

So your logic is that anyone who disagrees shouldn't read your thread and certainly not respond.

No (once again). My logic is that if you can't debate the issue (the match) and want to make the thread about me (like you now are, and always do) then scroll past or just don't bother. Why not start a thread of your own, or bug someone else?

Serial disagreers such as myself, should 'do one'.

No (again). Plenty disagree with me. It's a forum. It is however, 'S24SU', about Sheffield United. You however think it is 'pommpey's forum'.

Sounds like a fantastic recipe for a dull forum.

Well, it suits you. You don't contribute much about the match. You just want to be in on me. Good luck with that.

I wouldn't get too carried away with the idea that me and the other naughty boys, make it about you.
You really aren't that important, despite having your 'own thread'.

Fucking hell. Anyone see the irony here?

pommpey

I like reading your "My Takes" Pommpey, not because I agree with all you say (though currently I do agree with a lot, we're pretty shite), but because your use of English appears to bring out a quite high level of English in a lot of your responders. It's certainly better than the "da dunt agree wi me so da's a pig" level of interchange on some threads. I like the sweary bits which both you and your opponents use in otherwise well thought out and largely (but not always) very literate exchanges! Even better, it makes me laugh, and for a bit it takes me away from the crap we're all living in at the moment. You take no prisoners, and sometimes I think you must get out of bed (hammock?) the wrong side every day, but I like that too (just glad it's not me!).
On the two recent Cup games, the team sort of did enough to get over the line, but if I'd been on the kop I'd have been outraged at the ineptness of some of our play, and how we really didn't pose much of a threat to two average L1 sides.
If the same tactics are wheeled out against Brizzle City, you can forget any dream of a quarter final.

Back
Top Bottom