My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It pains me as a life long Blade who gives everyone who pulls on our red & white shirt a fair crack of the whip and give them 100% support ( except that cunt Curran )
To finally agree with everything Pommpeys been saying bout Ramsdale
I’ve stood by Ramsdale, he wasn’t at fault for the 2&3 goal , but from his first minute kick into danger, his constant late diving and poor positioning for shots / crosses , and why the fuck from a kick out do all our players group together like a fucking schoolboy game I don’t want to kick the man when he’s down but he does not command his box and I don’t think the defence has any confidence in him the guy from rangers is even fucking worse
Bogle , he’s going to be an outstanding buy , and a replacement ( for me when star man goes in the summer ) constantly getting into the opposition’s box , yes he should have jumped for the first but he gets stuck in and puts in a foot and gets into the oppositions box and shoots , in the championship he’s going to be an outstanding player
Brewster who scored 1in 2 in the championship McBurnie and Burke who’s 24 !!
are going to be some strike force in the championship
I think Berge unless he’s sold will come into his best form position as well
For me Stevens / Fleck ( unless he bucks up ) Norwood who’s been fucking wank most of this season , and Sharp
Should all be thanked for there service and allowed to leave in the summer
We need to start building-playing and getting set for next season , at least 4 players could go or be sold in the summer we need to be prepared and ready for this scenario
Joc-Egan-Berge-GG could all go
We are going down with a low wage bill by premier league standards , our club is financially secure,
I would not spend anything unless an absolute bargain came up and go for signings in the summer
We’ve tried to do it on the cheap hoping our form from last year carried on and kept us up
well unfortunately it hasn’t
Villa dodged a big fucking bullet last season and went and bought to make sure they stayed up and didn’t have to depend on Hawkeye being switched off
It would be ludicrous to sack wilder not out of blind loyalty but because we are almost already certainly relegated so what would be the point
We need to start building now beat Derby’s low points record and win a few and go down if it’s possible in good form
Our next 2 games could be fucking embarrassing unless Sir Chris bites the bullet realises what he’s got to do
And who he has to drop , our club is not a charity unfortunately it’s a business and he has to run it as such look at what loyalty has got him with the players he’s stood by , they let him down they let our club down , you owe them nothing chris
Enough is enough Sir Chris show some fucking balls mate

Yes, as much as I want Wilder to stay and be the man to get us back up - away from this - his reputation will probably never recover from this in terms of getting a top job or even a PL job again. This one season has probably done him as a top manager (at least top level). I thought he may go on and be like Everton or Spurs manager or even England. Now he is more likely to be Barnsley or Rotherham manager next!

The only way he gets back to this level is with us. Now he looks just like Wagner or Paul Jewell who had one good season and then just looked a bit out of his depth. SAd to see for him and us. He looks completely clueless how to turn it around. I think he will stay for now but would not be shocked still if he packs it all in by the end of February. He probably needs a break from the game for his mental health.

Just be a horrible way for it to end. I at least want him to come back next season and have another go at it and reinvent us and create another good team even if we have to change half of this squad and get some new blood in.

Would you really trust Wilder to rebuild the squad given the absolute dross that he has signed since promotion?

What's starting to irritate me is the journalists seem scared to ask a remotely challenging question after the game...

Why aren't they asking

why he's not changing the formation ..

Why Verrips hasn't had a game despite Ramsdale looking like a terrified school boy

Why he's bringing kean Bryan on for a midfielder when we're losing

Etc

Yes, as much as I want Wilder to stay and be the man to get us back up - away from this - his reputation will probably never recover from this in terms of getting a top job or even a PL job again. This one season has probably done him as a top manager (at least top level). I thought he may go on and be like Everton or Spurs manager or even England. Now he is more likely to be Barnsley or Rotherham manager next!

The only way he gets back to this level is with us. Now he looks just like Wagner or Paul Jewell who had one good season and then just looked a bit out of his depth. SAd to see for him and us. He looks completely clueless how to turn it around. I think he will stay for now but would not be shocked still if he packs it all in by the end of February. He probably needs a break from the game for his mental health.

Just be a horrible way for it to end. I at least want him to come back next season and have another go at it and reinvent us and create another good team even if we have to change half of this squad and get some new blood in.
The whole bunch need shifting.
Not one should be kept.
Get rid of the entire first 17.

What's starting to irritate me is the journalists seem scared to ask a remotely challenging question after the game...

Why aren't they asking

Why Verrips hasn't had a game despite Ramsdale looking like a terrified school boy

Etc
Why does Basham always get subbed when we are chasing a game?

It worries me about the back up keepers. When was the last time any of them played a competive game?

Why aren't they asking

Etc
Yep, said this a few weeks back. He’s getting an unbelievably easy ride of it. Every game is discussed without any context of the wider shitshower we’re bathing in.

Yeah. To be honest, apart from a passable 3/4 of a game against an underwhelming NUFC side, what has he given us? He owns a look as if to say 'Why, Chelsea? Why?' whenever he's playing, as if football is actually paining him despite his wage and bonus contracts. He's extraordinarily lightweight and short of bite and definitely not a player who fits in with anything Wilder deems is a system. He's not a good LCB in a 5-3-2 and not gifted enough to be the pivot in that midfield. Couple him with Kante in Chelsea's midfield and I bet he's fucking outstanding, but we have Fleck (slowly deflating balloon) and Lundstram (dud firework)

He plays for Wales. Great. Do they play a 5-3-2?

pommpey

He plays for Wales. Great. Do they play a 5-3-2?

pommpey
No, but your suggestion was a four at the back (Bryan and Robinson at centre half!) and Ampadu wasn’t anywhere, just wondered why?

No, but your suggestion was a four at the back (Bryan and Robinson at centre half!) and Ampadu wasn’t anywhere, just wondered why?

Because nothing suggests to me he would be any better than Bryan and Robinson. Today he was lightweight and ineffective. Bryan has physicality and Robinson can speak the binary language of vaporators like those found on Tattooine.

pommpey

Because nothing suggests to me he would be any better than Bryan and Robinson. Today he was lightweight and ineffective. Bryan has physicality and Robinson can speak the binary language of vaporators like those found on Tattooine.

pommpey
Ampadu reminds me a bit of Connor Coady. Pretty average for us but solid ish, obviously inexperienced and inconsistent. Playing for a team low on confidence. Will probably go on and be a decent player. But he is a million miles away from ever starting a game for Chelsea in either defence or midfield. He must be beginning to realise this. He is going to have to slowly build his career up through hard work I reckon. Like Coady. I wouldn't be adverse to signing him as a squad player in the championship if he was realistic about wages and his career trajectory. I think many people saw that he played for Chelsea and Wales and thought 'superstar' when he is actually 'solid pro' who may have a decent career through lots of hard graft...

The players are largely the same as we saw them at their best last season. But instead of overachieving things have gone wrong with them. Norwood isn’t suddenly a bad player. He is being slated because he made mistakes and was punished for them and you can’t do that at this level. He made the mistakes because the machine is not ticking like the clock it was. He had to think, slowed down and got caught. His fault ? Definitely yes, they were real clangers- he could have booted the ball away. Drop him? Probably but who for? You can use similar logic for Lundstrum and Fleck’s common mistakes. Brewster and Ramsdale are like young rabbits in headlights because of the circumstances and clearly some of the fringe players aren’t good enough. All that plus loads of disruption through injuries is why we are always losing. On the other hand Burke looks ok so does Egan and McGoldrick is thriving in it. Billy is good but past it. I wouldn’t have predicted any of this and neither I think did any of us. We’re disappointed, we’re going down and have to regroup like Norwich and Bournemouth and Watford. What will next season look like? I don’t know . Wilder has made some very expensive mistakes but I hope he’s still here next season because I have faith he knows what he is doing and I remember 1975 and 2007 (Bryan fu***g Robson) when the replacements were worse than those they replaced. So yes, in the short term experiment a bit maybe like Pompey says, try to strengthen but don’t spend a lot. I’m pissed off now like I have been most weekends,upset and angry but come Friday I’ll have come round a bit and be looking forward to a win in the cup, for the turning of a corner that augers welll for next season. Because I’m a Unitedite, always have been, always will be. The good times will outweigh the bad if you’re in it for the long run.

The good times will outweigh the bad if you’re in it for the long run.

Blimey. There's a statement if ever I saw one.

Okay, let's produce a table of 'good times' versus 'bad times' in the past fifty years.

Let's just imagine they are placed on a weighing machine and which way it will tip.

I'd say more bad than good. A lot more.

pommpey

Not many positives to take from this one.

Ramsdale's permanently worried expression tells us what confidence he has in the defence in front of him. As for their confidence in him.....

Didzy gives us something to feel good about. As do Bash and Egan.

But strangely, I'm most enjoying watching Burke up front. Prolific striker at this level he isn't but his power and genuine pace is great to watch. Trouble is it emphasises just how much the rest of the team lack those attributes.

Tempted to copy and paste our discussion from the other week about our lack of athleticism in midfield. Today was the perfect case study. I have no doubt Norwood's performance today was a direct result of playing 90 mins midweek and he's physically unable to play twice in a week.

However, as we've said there are zero alternatives for the next game. Ampadu in there? Please no? Lundstram in there? Who's going to play RM? The fact we have x2 RBs and half a dozen mediocre strikers is ridiculous.

We NEED at least two athletic, mobile midfielders who can at the very least chase the opposition like rabid dogs for 90 mins...
Don't forget the army of lwb's

If Norwood should be benched and Ampadu’s no good in that position, then who plays in midfield with Berge crocked?

Based on yesterday, a traffic cone wouldn't look out of place.

It's a good question though and I'm at a loss. It all goes back to how thin our squad is.

Sky 1/10: Sound sync problems early on and staying too long lingering on Dawson/Mourinho when the ball is live
Going to have to turn the sound off in future. At least when you are actually at a game you don’t get a constant barrage of negative statistics in your ears to make the experience even more miserable. As for that nonsense talking to Dawson, I thought I had tuned in to a new station SkySportsSpurs.

Going to have to turn the sound off in future. At least when you are actually at a game you don’t get a constant barrage of negative statistics in your ears to make the experience even more miserable. As for that nonsense talking to Dawson, I thought I had tuned in to a new station SkySportsSpurs.
It's the way it goes, isn't it, with the likes of Dawson, et al?

Footballer reaches end of useful life, doesn't fancy eking out his last days in Division Two at Grimsby on a cowfield with pub footballers and people in 'committed tackles' getting treatments for injuries on sub-NHS rosters and having their previously pampered missus ramping up thousands on nails and anal bleaching so gets agent to sneak him under the door of Spurs supporting production executive at Sky or BT where they are put on a charisma course and hey presto, they are mysteriously a fucking woeful 'pundit' stood in a pea-coat on the touchline holding a mic with a vast Sky logoed foam prophylactic and zero-point-zero clue on how to string a coherent footballing factoid or sentence together.

"Michael Dawson is on the touchline ... how do you see it from there Michael (while I have my sarnie and Bovril) ... "

" ... yea ... yeah ... um ... Spurs ... have come out attacking in this half and ... have just scored a third goal ... making it ... three-one. Barry Kane scored earlier ... a great goal for Spurs. It's three-one. Erm ... um ... Spurs are playing in green with black shorts. Jose Marino is their manager and they are leading, three-one and will go top if they win this key game against Sheffield Wednesday. Back to you ... Keith ... "

"Thanks Michael. Great stuff. Michael Dawson there, ex-Spurs centre back lummox and shit football pundit."

Useless fucker.

pommpey

pommpey

Love the Star Wars reference

Footballer reaches end of useful life, doesn't fancy eking out his last days in Division Two at Grimsby on a cowfield with pub footballers and people in 'committed tackles' getting treatments for injuries on sub-NHS rosters and having their previously pampered missus ramping up thousands on nails and anal bleaching so gets agent to sneak him under the door of Spurs supporting production executive at Sky or BT where they are put on a charisma course and hey presto, they are mysteriously a fucking woeful 'pundit' stood in a pea-coat on the touchline holding a mic with a vast Sky logoed foam prophylactic and zero-point-zero clue on how to string a coherent footballing factoid or sentence together.

"Michael Dawson is on the touchline ... how do you see it from there Michael (while I have my sarnie and Bovril) ... "

" ... yea ... yeah ... um ... Spurs ... have come out attacking in this half and ... have just scored a third goal ... making it ... three-one. Barry Kane scored earlier ... a great goal for Spurs. It's three-one. Erm ... um ... Spurs are playing in green with black shorts. Jose Marino is their manager and they are leading, three-one and will go top if they win this key game against Sheffield Wednesday. Back to you ... Keith ... "

"Thanks Michael. Great stuff. Michael Dawson there, ex-Spurs centre back lummox and shit football pundit."

Useless fucker.

pommpey
😂😂😂

Blimey. There's a statement if ever I saw one.

Okay, let's produce a table of 'good times' versus 'bad times' in the past fifty years.

Let's just imagine they are placed on a weighing machine and which way it will tip.

I'd say more bad than good. A lot more.

pommpey
Well your perception is your reality. You can produce a table and it’d show we’ve won about as many as we’ve lost and drawn some. And won nowt really.
But when I’m drinking my pint of Wards at the pearly gates I’ll be telling St Peter some of the very best times I’ve had have been with friends and family following the Blades. And I reckon losing to Spurs in that shit season will have been forgotten . So I’d say a lot more good than bad.
But if it’s not St Peter and there’s a sailor waiting with weighing scales. I’m thinking ...purgatory?

Useless fucker.

pommpey
Do you know whats annoying, why are people like him allowed in the ground if fans arent, its the same as to why is Gareth southgate i cant rember what game it was be he was there in attendance and the same with Sir fergie at man utd???

and put Billy on so we can all kiss the badge and sing GCB, just for shits and giggles.

This line really made me laugh... and I needed a laugh after watching our defending on Sunday.

I f*cking hate it that Roy Keane is calling us the worst team to have played in the PL. It massively hurts my pride and makes me even more annoyed about the pathetic summer transfer window which has left us in this mess and having to field players who aren't good enough for the PL (Jack Robinson, Bryan, Ramsdale, Lowe to name a few).

Back
Top Bottom