My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pommpey

THE FUTURE ... AS IT USED TO BE
Reaction score
Seems like a million years since the first half versus the bar codes, doesn't it? It did show we can do it, even if Newcastle did show - ostensibly as a poorly put together and footballing-wise functionally inept unit - us to be more than capable than we actually are. Oh for the fickle hope and belief that 'we'd tuned it round'. Spurs at the back end of last season actually played like Newcastle in that they seemed - back then - to be there just for a kick about and we rightly beat them. But this season we were on the end of a lesson at home, once again, thanks to the same old lineup, with the same old underperforming of incapable players which gives us the same old outcomes. Whither Wilder is forced into this madness through lack of choice, or his playing staff refuse or are incapable of playing any other way or simply because he's stubborn or unable to visualise a better system still remains to be seen. What is clear is that after the mild relief that we won't finish the season on two points and not winning one game, it's business as usual at BDTBL becoming 'the team who were finally found out'. I'm pissed off with this moniker, because Wigan Athletic, Bolton, Watford, QPR, Charlton, Sunderland and even Pompey managed significantly more Premier League time before the pressure finally opened up cracks large enough to doom them. With us its one season (2006-07) and now two seasons, before we meet the ignominy of being dumped back down, some say, 'where we belong'. Today showed why.

There were some moderate bright(er) highlights. Obviously Egan and Basham performed to their best ability, Fleck had a slightly better game, Lundstrum is finally realising no fucker is interested in him so might as well play for his shirt and Didsy just does the rest. But the darker moments kill us off and we do actually play some shockingly poor Championship level football for long periods of most games now. And we have Oliver fucking Norwood, whom no doubt many on here are sullenly ready to defend for his output, who takes the shit pie topped with diahorrea once again. You know how long I have suggested - gently - that this bloke is woefully inept at Premier League level in such a pivotal role in midfield in the 5-3-2 system. And, just like Desso making us play 'fast, attacking football' (and losing eight games at home on it), like the board's 'Game Changing Investments' bullshit and like the nature of Kevin fucking McCabe, I feel quietly confident yet uncomfortably vindicated that Oliver fucking Norwood is and always will be a pretty average Championship level player. Today showed it. Now if you wish to discuss that fact let's do it, but it doesn't make me 'not a Sheffield United fan' to agree with Souness today to say he was 'pathetic'. He was pathetic against West Ham recently when he let Haller get away from him and stood watching whilst he clipped the ball into the top corner. He was also pathetic when he let Siggurdsson get away from him for Everton's winner and he was also pathetic when he lost the ball to Eze and let him get away from him. pointing ineffectively like he does. Today he was serially robbed and made to look shit by a midfield who had the brief 'just press him' and they did. He had none of the space that Newcastle gifted him yet as soon as he's got the ball panics like fuck because he's not got the mindset to put his foot on it and quickly, deftly move into space and forward into attack. He needs an age and a target on the flanks to smack it to, and up here in the well-paid, well-skilled Premier League, you don't get that. Everybody knows it. Except him, and maybe Chris Wilder. So today he loses the ball between the halfway line and our area, trots ineffectively back behind the advancing Harry Kane and arrives just in time to see the England centre forward smack the ball past 'arms and legs' into the bottom corner. Again, he should have broke into applause and patted Kane on the shoulder. 'Well done Harry!' Later on, after a series of ineffective receives and give aways in midfield and (to his credit) some involvement, he lest the ball run across his body and straight to a Spurs shirt and they score an admittedly superb goal. Where is he? Ooh, somewhere stopped on the edge of the box, where he was in the above mentioned goals too. Keane and Souness are right about that - both know that giving the ball away in midfield against such an effective strikeforce like Spurs in their day needed nothing more than the guts and determination to have a voice in your head that says, 'Fuck. It is MY job to break everything I have to recover this as it is my mistake' and as players, they did that in spades. Norwood's inner voice is something I doubt says that, because they haven't got Ferguson or Paisley booting their cock off in the dressing room afterwards.

Norwood was poor, but by no means alone. Ramsdale is proving to be an embarrassingly poor signing. He keeps goal like a schoolkid - an U-16. His demeanour suggests mental and physical fragility and it says something that we have four keepers on our books, one there for five seasons and another for two, all drawing wages, and all untested or without a performance with Ramsdale giving us the most shocking moments of recent years. He is no better than Mark Howard or even Simonsen. At least you knew where you stood with those two and save for save, they were just more capable and reliable. Ramsdale is unsuited for this level and Bournemouth - just like with Breadstick Boy Moussett - have had our kecks firmly down and off. If he is not kicking out into space or to a Spurs shirt he is flapping at crosses (or dropping them) or he is unsighted for a near post header that goes between him and Norwood on the front stick. Sure, it was from four yards, but yeah, I'm gonna say it - Henderson would have at least got a hand to that. Why don't we see if Verrips could do better? Can't do any fucking worse.

Elsewhere we failed to make the effect needed and when needed, especially when coming back into the game at 1-2. Tottenham can be scored against - many teams have upset them this season and punished their chinks in their armour. Today they were playing with a back 3 and it looked at times shakey, especially when Burke got round them with his astonishing pace. So, let's sacrifice that and stick the kid on, so he never gets a touch. Great idea, Wilder. Let's also remove basham, the only player who can go round players once again, and put Billy on so we can all kiss the badge and sing GCB, just for shits and giggles. Never mind we might need at least a point out of this fucking shitshow of a game.

First half though we started in the usual 'holy fuck, incoming' mode even after they'd took the easy lead. Then they just sat and mopped us up and pushed us back and we didn't feature much save for some forays which were forced wide and nullified (see earlier posts for how this happens) and end up chasing their breakouts with the usual end result.

Ramsdale 4/10: Okay, a couple of tip-overs and a flap off the line, but this kid isn't on the same frequency as his defence, and lacks the competence and capability to keep goal for a Premier League side. Give you a clue - last season he did the fucking same.
Bogle 5/10: Piss poor challenging for their first (i.e. jump, you daft fucker) Otherwise was tied up with Reguilon out wide so had his hands full
Basham 6/10: Had a torrid time with Son's pace but did well reading passes and intercepted well. No fucking idea why he went off. Pointless substitution.
Egan 7/10: Thought he coped well with the threats they had when he could and wasn't, once again, covering for Ampadu. Some good inteceptions, blocks and headers
Ampadu 4/10: Business as usual. And he's no good in Norwood's position, either
Stevens 5/10: Thought he had a better game than lately. Managed to get down the flanks a lot but has no longer got a 90 minute engine. You need that in the PL
Lundstram 5.5/10: A better performance from him at times andhe looked like he wanted to get involved, if largely with no outcome because Bogle was nowhere round him and Norwood was busy fouling or clapping Kane
Norwood 2/10: I mean it this time. Shit performance and should tell Wilder, and you lot, what I have been saying about him for the best part of a year now. His is the start point for our rebuild and it should begin next match with him transfer listed and benched.
Fleck 5/10: Again, a more improved outing from him. He looks like he is going through a realisation that what he's been giving the team has been poor and is at least trying, but still nowhere near PL levels of ability
McGoldrick 8/10: The only player who looks like he can do it at the level we are at. And we got him for nowt from Ipswich, and he's 33. Took his goal well, something our other fifty million priced duds can't do
Burke 6.5/10: Cracking pace and determination to clse down, harry and get at the opposition. Then, he's subbed

Bryan 5/10: An improvement on Ampadu and may even grow into the LCB. In about twenty years.
Brewster 2/10: Poor kid
Sharp 4/10: Got at them as much as he could and should have hit the target with his tasty effort. But by that time we were buried.

Wilder 2/10: Not really expecting him to be sacked when we get relegated. But I do expect him to significantly prepare us for any attempt at a return. And that means getting rid of a lot of players he's bought and expensively, stupidly tied up in contracts.

Sky 1/10: Sound sync problems early on and staying too long lingering on Dawson/Mourinho when the ball is live

And to my detractors - if you haven't the potatoes to admit and face up to the fucking obvious with regard Sheffield United, this damned season, Chris Wilder and this team, I can't help you. You're in denial. You want someone to call a cunt? See them on the pitch today.

pommpey

Last edited:

Seems like a million years since the first half versus the bar codes, doesn't it? It did show we can do it, even if Newcastle did show - ostensibly as a poorly put together and footballing-wise functionally inept unit - us to be more than capable than we actually are. Oh for the fickle hope and belief that 'we'd tuned it round'. Spurs at the back end of last season actually played like Newcastle in that they seemed - back then - to be there just for a kick about and we rightly beat them. But this season we were on the end of a lesson at home, once again, thanks to the same old lineup, with the same old underperforming of incapable players which gives us the same old outcomes. Whither Wilder is forced into this madness through lack of choice, or his playing staff refuse or are incapable of playing any other way or simply because he's stubborn or unable to visualise a better system still remains to be seen. What is clear is that after the mild relief that we won't finish the season on two points and not winning one game, it's business as usual at BDTBL becoming 'the team who were finally found out'. I'm pissed off with this moniker, because Wigan Athletic, Bolton, Watford, QPR, Charlton, Sunderland and even Pompey managed significantly more Premier League time before the pressure finally opened up cracks large enough to doom them. With us its one season (2006-07) and now two seasons, before we meet the ignominy of being dumped back down, some say, 'where we belong'. Today showed why.

There were some moderate bright(er) highlights. Obviously Egan and Basham performed to their best ability, Fleck had a slightly better game, Lundstrum is finally realising no fucker is interested in him so might as well play for his shirt and Didsy just does the rest. But the darker moments kill us off and we do actually play some shockingly poor Championship level football for long periods of most games now. And we have Oliver fucking Norwood, whom no doubt many on here are sullenly ready to defend for his output, who takes the shit pie topped with diahorrea once again. You know how long I have suggested - gently - that this bloke is woefully inept at Premier League level in such a pivotal role in midfield in the 5-3-2 system. And, just like Desso making us play 'fast, attacking football' (and losing eight games at home on it), like the board's 'Game Changing Investments' bullshit and like the nature of Kevin fucking McCabe, I feel quietly confident yet uncomfortably vindicated that Oliver fucking Norwood is and always will be a pretty average Championship level player. Today showed it. Now if you wish to discuss that fact let's do it, but it doesn't make me 'not a Sheffield United fan' to agree with Souness today to say he was 'pathetic'. He was pathetic against West Ham recently when he let Haller get away from him and stood watching whilst he clipped the ball into the top corner. He was also pathetic when he let Siggurdsson get away from him for Everton's winner and he was also pathetic when he lost the ball to Eze and let him get away from him. pointing ineffectively like he does. Today he was serially robbed and made to look shit by a midfield who had the brief 'just press him' and they did. He had none of the space that Newcastle gifted him yet as soon as he's got the ball panics like fuck because he's not got the mindset to put his foot on it and quickly, deftly move into space and forward into attack. He needs an age and a target on the flanks to smack it to, and up here in the well-paid, well-skilled Premier League, you don't get that. Everybody knows it. Except him, and maybe Chris Wilder. So today he loses the ball between the halfway line and our area, trots ineffectively back behind the advancing Harry Kane and arrives just in time to see the England centre forward smack the ball past 'arms and legs' into the bottom corner. Again, he should have broke into applause and patted Kane on the shoulder. 'Well done Harry!' Later on, after a series of ineffective receives and give aways in midfield and (to his credit) some involvement, he lest the ball run across his body and straight to a Spurs shirt and they score an admittedly superb goal. Where is he? Ooh, somewhere stopped on the edge of the box, where he was in the above mentioned goals too. Keane and Souness are right about that - both know that giving the ball away in midfield against such an effective strikeforce like Spurs in their day needed nothing more than the guts and determination to have a voice in your head that says, 'Fuck. It is MY job to break everything I have to recover this as it is my mistake' and as players, they did that in spades. Norwood's inner voice is something I doubt says that, because they haven't got Ferguson or Paisley booting their cock off in the dressing room afterwards.

Norwood was poor, but by no means alone. Ramsdale is proving to be an embarrassingly poor signing. He keeps goal like a schoolkid - an U-16. His demeanour suggests mental and physical fragility and it says something that we have four keepers on our books, one there for five seasons and another for two, all drawing wages, and all untested or without a performance with Ramsdale giving us the most shocking moments of recent years. He is no better than Mark Howard or even Simonsen. At least you knew where you stood with those two and save for save, they were just more capable and reliable. Ramsdale is unsuited for this level and Bournemouth - just like with Breadstick Boy Moussett - have had our kecks firmly down and off. If he is not kicking out into space or to a Spurs shirt he is flapping at crosses (or dropping them) or he is unsighted for a near post header that goes between him and Norwood on the front stick. Sure, it was from four yards, but yeah, I'm gonna say it - Henderson would have at least got a hand to that. Why don't we see if Verrips could do better? Can't do any fucking worse.

Elsewhere we failed to make the effect needed and when needed, especially when coming back into the game at 1-2. Tottenham can be scored against - many teams have upset them this season and punished their chinks in their armour. Today they were playing with a back 3 and it looked at times shakey, especially when Burke got round them with his astonishing pace. So, let's sacrifice that and stick the kid on, so he never gets a touch. Great idea, Wilder. Let's also remove basham, the only player who can go round players once again, and put Billy on so we can all kiss the badge and sing GCB, just for shits and giggles. Never mind we might need at least a point out of this fucking shitshow of a game.

First half though we started in the usual 'holy fuck, incoming' mode even after they'd took the easy lead. Then they just sat and mopped us up and pushed us back and we didn't feature much save for some forays which were forced wide and nullified (see earlier posts for how this happens) and end up chasing their breakouts with the usual end result.

Ramsdale 4/10: Okay, a couple of tip-overs and a flap off the line, but this kid isn't on the same frequency as his defence, and lacks the competence and capability to keep goal for a Premier League side. Give you a clue - last season he did the fucking same.
Bogle 5/10: Piss poor challenging for their first (i.e. jump, you daft fucker) Otherwise was tied up with Reguilon out wide so had his hands full
Basham 6/10: Had a torrid time with Son's pace but did well reading passes and intercepted well. No fucking idea why he went off. Pointless substitution.
Egan 7/10: Thought he coped well with the threats they had when he could and wasn't, once again, covering for Ampadu. Some good inteceptions, blocks and headers
Stevens 5/10: Thought he had a better game than lately. Managed to get down the flanks a lot but has no longer got a 90 minute engine. You need that in the PL
Lundstram 5.5/10: A better performance from him at times andhe looked like he wanted to get involved, if largely with no outcome because Bogle was nowhere round him and Norwood was busy fouling or clapping Kane
Norwood 2/10: I mean it this time. Shit performance and should tell Wilder, and you lot, what I have been saying about him for the best part of a year now. His is the start point for our rebuild and it should begin next match with him transfer listed and benched.
Fleck 5/10: Again, a more improved outing from him. He looks like he is going through a realisation that what he's been giving the team has been poor and is at least trying, but still nowhere near PL levels of ability
McGoldrick 8/10: The only player who looks like he can do it at the level we are at. And we got him for nowt from Ipswich, and he's 33. Took his goal well, something our other fifty million priced duds can't do
Burke 6.5/10: Cracking pace and determination to clse down, harry and get at the opposition. Then, he's subbed

Bryan 5/10: An improvement on Ampadu and may even grow into the LCB. In about twenty years.
Sharp 4/10: Got at them as much as he could and should have hit the target with his tasty effort. But by that time we were buried.

Wilder 2/10: Not really expecting him to be sacked when we get relegated. But I do expect him to significantly prepare us for any attempt at a return. And that means getting rid of a lot of players he's bought and expensively, stupidly tied up in contracts.

Sky 1/10: Sound sync problems early on and staying too long lingering on Dawson/Mourinho when the ball is live

And to my detractors - if you haven't the potatoes to admit and face up to the fucking obvious with regard Sheffield United, this damned season, Chris Wilder and this team, I can't help you. You're in denial. You want someone to call a cunt? See them on the pitch today.

pommpey
I assume you gave Oli an extra mark for putting his shirt on the right way, Pommps😉

• Banned
Always go for the juicy bits first.

I'm surprised he got 2! WTF is that about!!??

I know. Slacking.

However, there were a few moments, early on where I saw Norwood get stuck in and win some personal battles with players like Hojbjerg. The ball was out for a throw in at the time and play had stopped, but Norwood still did well.

pommpey

Slightly harsh on Ramsdale IMO, but otherwise I can't argue.

Actually Norwood a 2?? That's fucking generous

Today I was not angry, just dissapointed. It shows how far we have fallen that I laughed at Rammers first sliced clearance and chuckled again when we went 1 down after 5 mins. It's easier to laugh than to cry.

How the hell Norwood stayed on for as long as he did, I will never know. I was amazed we scored and really pleased for Didsy. Must be totally soul destroying to play in that team.

The problem is we have months more of this before we are inevitably confirmed as down. I am really glad the fa cup can provide a welcome distraction.
One day Burke will score a hatful, one day!!

In more positive news I went to the park with my wife and daughter after the 3rd goal.

I clocked Norwood from last season and I guessed that Berge was signed to replace him. The nail in the coffin for Norwood, imo, was Leicester away last season. He got absolutely shagged and players were just walking past him.

pommpey

Tempted to copy and paste our discussion from the other week about our lack of athleticism in midfield. Today was the perfect case study. I have no doubt Norwood's performance today was a direct result of playing 90 mins midweek and he's physically unable to play twice in a week.

However, as we've said there are zero alternatives for the next game. Ampadu in there? Please no? Lundstram in there? Who's going to play RM? The fact we have x2 RBs and half a dozen mediocre strikers is ridiculous.

We NEED at least two athletic, mobile midfielders who can at the very least chase the opposition like rabid dogs for 90 mins...

newcastle seem to be the only team in the prem that haven’t worked out close Norwood down and he becomes a useless liability. Doubt if there will be any more. Needs dropping and my choice would be lundstram as cm. can only see us picking up points against the likes of West Brom or teams having a bad day. I would dream of having a back line as effective as Dunk and co at Brighton and they are supposed to be contenders with us. A very bad weekend.

There were occasions when we actually moved the ball around pretty well. Much better than for most of the season prior to last Saturday. Of course, we don't look very dangerous when we arrive in a position we can actually do some damage.

So there were some positives, one of which is our non-scoring striker, who I do actually like. It just shows what a difference it makes when you've got someone who is as least as quick as the other players who earn a living for other clubs in this fecking league.

And our defence as a whole remains a panic-stricken shambles, not just the keeper. I've said before that Wilder should be reported to Amnesty International for continually torturing Jack Robinson by playing him in PL games. You can add the torment of Ramsdale to Wilder's list of crimes.

Can't really argue with any of that. Bogle gets a pass from me, because he is 20 years old and is still learning his trade, especially at the top level. Brewster is the same age and again, he is still learning his trade, but unfortunately for him, he has the 20 million price tag around his neck, so he gets put under the microscope a bit more.

McG is like a one man team, doing everything he can, always puts a shift in.

Burke, has to start every game, our only player with pace (and incredible pace at that).

Ramsdale is never an 18 million pound keeper. The main difference between us, and Norwich last season, is that Norwich could score goals as well as let them in.

Lunny was the best midfielder, again, a shame he won't stay as we could really use him. Norwood was shocking, and Fleck not much better, although the assist for our goal was great. Fleck has started to run with the ball, and then stop, waving his arms and shrugging his shoulders, as if to say, "where is everyone?". If no one is available for a pass John, keep going, drive into the box, force them to tackle you, or bring you down.

The players who are going to be moved on, can't complain, they can always say they were Premier League footballers, thanks to Sheffield United.

Good report as per but not sure where Norwood gets those 2 points from, totally shocking today again. He is woefully out of his depth when he's in a side that won't have plenty of possession. Nesh as fuck and gives the ball away for fun.

Ramsdale...he's not commanding in any way, which is exactly not what you want from a keeper. Look at Lloris, I know he's far better ability wise but just his demeanour on the pitch, everything that comes near him you have confidence it will be his. On corners and set pieces you know 9 times out of 10 he's making the right decision to come and punch clear or catch. He won't flap or drop anything. Lots of keepers who have this down can kind of get away without being the best at reflexes/diving. When you have neither it's not a good recipe. Hopefully Ramsdale improves on both fronts. He should not be a scapegoat by any means, he's not the main reason we are so bad, but he's one of the reasons.

Burke...decent again with the few scraps he had to feed on. It's clear as day that with him it's a case of good player in a bad team.

Brewster...strikers are the least of our problems, given that our shit midfield means they hardly even get the ball. The more he plays the more you realise what a mistake it was to spend that 23 million on him and not a midfielder.

All too familiar isn't it week after week after week.

Ramsdale 4
Actually reminds me of Corporal Jones running in circles shouting "don't panic" Make no mistake this kid set the tone when he miscued a kick out and launched it vertical on the edge of the penalty box. First corner and he dances about on the goal line shoves a defender (think it was Ampadu) jumps back onto the goal line and watches them head it in the net. Yes Bogle should have done better but a keeper who can't catch a cross four yards out should be only playing on Concord Park.
Bogle 5
Let his man have a free header for the 1st goal pretty much average after that.
Basham 5
Why just why is he hooked?
Egan 5
Ampadu 4
Back to normal.
Stevens 5
Lundstram 5
Says it all when he is our best midfielder.
Norwood 1
My god you have to go back a lot of years to see a worse midfield performance than that today, truly awful get rid before the end of the month play an academy kid if need be.
Fleck 5
I did wonder if he was playing for the first 30mins or so still he gets and extra point for the assist
McGoldrick 8
Our MOTM the only one who looked reasonably comfortable on the pitch
Burke 6
Showed good pace again pity no one else can keep up to get in the box when he gets behind defences. Hooked for Brewster :rolleyes:

Brewster 2
that's about as many touches he had
Bryon 5
at least he is stronger than Ampadu
Sharp 5
was he brought on to keep the fans sweet?

Wilder 3
Change something FFS show a bit of fight and then the players might do the same. Pointess subs will not cut it, bin 3-5-2 if we haven't 3 centre backs who are good enough may as well try 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 anything for Christ sake.

All too familiar isn't it week after week after week.

Ramsdale 4
Actually reminds me of Corporal Jones running in circles shouting "don't panic" Make no mistake this kid set the tone when he miscued a kick out and launched it vertical on the edge of the penalty box. First corner and he dances about on the goal line shoves a defender (think it was Ampadu) jumps back onto the goal line and watches them head it in the net. Yes Bogle should have done better but a keeper who can't catch a cross four yards out should be only playing on Concord Park.
Bogle 5
Let his man have a free header for the 1st goal pretty much average after that.
Basham 5
Why just why is he hooked?
Egan 5
Ampadu 4
Back to normal.
Stevens 5
Lundstram 5
Says it all when he is our best midfielder.
Norwood 1
My god you have to go back a lot of years to see a worse midfield performance than that today, truly awful get rid before the end of the month play an academy kid if need be.
Fleck 5
I did wonder if he was playing for the first 30mins or so still he gets and extra point for the assist
McGoldrick 8
Our MOTM the only one who looked reasonably comfortable on the pitch
Burke 6
Showed good pace again pity no one else can keep up to get in the box when he gets behind defences. Hooked for Brewster :rolleyes:

Brewster 2
that's about as many touches he had
Bryon 5
at least he is stronger than Ampadu
Sharp 5
was he brought on to keep the fans sweet?

Wilder 3
Change something FFS show a bit of fight and then the players might do the same. Pointess subs will not cut it, bin 3-5-2 if we haven't 3 centre backs who are good enough may as well try 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 anything for Christ sake.
I liked the Spurs formation

We were complete dog shit today, would have sufficed. Can't see many people disagreeing with you so you might not get into too many fights tonight.

A couple of observations.

Norwood - 2? I don't think I have seen a worse performance since the days of the invisible man Hammond himself. Norwood was fucking shocking 0/10

Brewster. Is he a 'dud' or a 'poor kid'?

Wilder. I agree with you that his choice of team, tactics and subs today (taking Norwood off apart) were woefully lacking. However with the injury situation we have at the moment who would you suggest should have started in Norwood's place? We didn't have a midfielder on the bench so it was either start Norwood (who had a half decent last game) or change the shape around completely with square pegs in round holes (although Norwood turned out being a triskaidecagon shape peg in a round hole today). And yeah, I did google that ;)

Last edited:
We were complete dog shit today, would have sufficed. Can't see many people disagreeing with you so you might not get into too many fights tonight.

A couple of observations.

Norwood - 2? I don't think I have since a worse performance since the days of the invisible man Hammond himself. Norwood was fucking shocking 0/10

Brewster. Is he a 'dud' or a 'poor kid'?

Wilder. I agree with you that his choice of team, tactics and subs today (taking Norwood off apart) were woefully lacking. However with the injury situation we have at the moment who would you suggest should have started in Norwood's place? We didn't have a midfielder on the bench so it was either start Norwood (who had a half decent last game) or change the shape around completely with square pegs in round holes (although Norwood turned out being a triskaidecagon shape peg in a round hole today). And yeah, I did google that ;)
Not naming a full bench really pisses me off actually. It’s childish and makes us look like rank amateurs. Name a few U23s and stop being pathetic.

Norwood best player on pitch...for them! ...Mcgoldrick head n shoulders above...Ramsdale..every fucker knows he's dodgy..how's he gonna cope wi fans on his back home and away..don't bear thinking about.

Not naming a full bench really pisses me off actually. It’s childish and makes us look like rank amateurs. Name a few U23s and stop being pathetic.
Was thinking the same ,like he's trying to make a point to everyone. Hey look how much we are suffering we can't even name a full bench .

I agree. Although maybe Wilder thinks it better that kids who have no chance of getting on the pitch are not around the current first team at the moment - under confidence and negativity might be detrimental to their development.

Been waiting for this. Mainly because I like words and the use of English, and you're not bad at that. But again, what you and many of us see, is just utter crap, with honourable exceptions (Basham, Burke, and the wonderful McGoldrick).
I do think that in small spells, we were better than some of the displays earlier in the season, in that not every passed ball went to someone in a green shirt.
But the negatives were glaring, and it does make you wonder how shit are Newcastle to lose to us?
Anyway, onwards and downwards!!!🤣🤣🤣

If Norwood should be benched and Ampadu’s no good in that position, then who plays in midfield with Berge crocked?

Back
Top Bottom