My Champ predictions - how I am doing?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Deadbat

Reaction score
I like to see how I have done in terms of my predictions made in August and whilst a fair bit of the season is stilll to go I thought I would have a look at how far off I am....

Full preview below can be found at

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/deadbats-championship-season-preview-17-18.56675/

....but I predicted the following - put comments on how good/bad I am doing!!!

I have not done that great really!!!

Red - Miles off - 10 teams
Green - About right - 10 teams
Amber - Not that close - 4 teams

1. Middlesbrough - Way off really; never got going and sacked the manager - may sneak playoffs at best
2. Aston Villa - Not far off- only a place or two and I think they might be team to get second
3. Sheff Wed - Nowhere near. I think most expected playoffs but they have had a dire season
4. Fulham - About right - only a place out
5. Derby - About right

6. Wolves - To be fair I got criticised for having them this high

So 4 out out of top 6 aint bad really and not sure many thought Bristol City and Cardiff would be that high

7. Brentford - About right - they may push further up - bad start cost them
8. Norwich - About right; only a few places off

The next lot I am miles off with....

9. Sunderland - Like Wednesday miles off - I felt they had enough to be around middle at least but got this badly wrong and expect them to do down
10. Reading - Had a really poor season - I predicted a drop off but they are nowhere near playoff of last year
11. Cardiff - In second - nowhere near where I thought - the power of Warnock!

12. Leeds - About right - they are a couple of places higher
13. Hull - They have dropped further than I thought and in danger of going down
14. Birmingham - As above
15. Bristol City - Surpassed my expectations and are right up there
16. Sheff Utd - As above - we have had a brilliant season and are right at the business end

17. Notts Forest - About right - bit lower
18. Preston - Done really well and a chance of the playoffs - along with us, Bristol City and Cardiff - surprises
19. Millwall - Were in this position a few weeks ago but moved up quite a bit
20. QPR - About right - they are only a touch higher
21. Barnsley - Now lower but been this position or around it much of season

22. Ipswich - Suprised earlly but dropped off - will finish middle
23. Burton - Spot on really
24. Bolton - Were bottom a lot of the way but picked up but still not safe

I had both Hull and Sunderland in the bottom 3 before the season started (before the end of last season to be specific - after watching their attempts at defending), and said Wednesday would possibly get involved in a relegation scrap. Burton was a cert for me, but also thought Brum would be in a dog-fight. I said the Blades would be top 6.

I still find it disappointing that so many of our own fans had little faith in the team this season. I wonder if it's hard coded into some of us.

I still find it disappointing that so many of our own fans had little faith in the team this season. I wonder if it's hard coded into some of us.

First season back after a six year gap, so tempering the optimism wasn't a bad call.

Most of us thought we'd avoid the relegation scrap but it was just a question of by how much.

Even if we miss out on the playoffs (and I don;t think that will happen), we've had a fantastic season thanks to CW, AK and all the lads.

I like to see how I have done in terms of my predictions made in August and whilst a fair bit of the season is stilll to go I thought I would have a look at how far off I am....

Full preview below can be found at

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/deadbats-championship-season-preview-17-18.56675/

....but I predicted the following - put comments on how good/bad I am doing!!!

I have not done that great really!!!

Red - Miles off - 10 teams
Green - About right - 10 teams
Amber - Not that close - 4 teams

1. Middlesbrough - Way off really; never got going and sacked the manager - may sneak playoffs at best
2. Aston Villa - Not far off- only a place or two and I think they might be team to get second
3. Sheff Wed - Nowhere near. I think most expected playoffs but they have had a dire season
4. Fulham - About right - only a place out
5. Derby - About right

6. Wolves - To be fair I got criticised for having them this high

So 4 out out of top 6 aint bad really and not sure many thought Bristol City and Cardiff would be that high

7. Brentford - About right - they may push further up - bad start cost them
8. Norwich - About right; only a few places off

The next lot I am miles off with....

9. Sunderland - Like Wednesday miles off - I felt they had enough to be around middle at least but got this badly wrong and expect them to do down
10. Reading - Had a really poor season - I predicted a drop off but they are nowhere near playoff of last year
11. Cardiff - In second - nowhere near where I thought - the power of Warnock!

12. Leeds - About right - they are a couple of places higher
13. Hull - They have dropped further than I thought and in danger of going down
14. Birmingham - As above
15. Bristol City - Surpassed my expectations and are right up there
16. Sheff Utd - As above - we have had a brilliant season and are right at the business end

17. Notts Forest - About right - bit lower
18. Preston - Done really well and a chance of the playoffs - along with us, Bristol City and Cardiff - surprises
19. Millwall - Were in this position a few weeks ago but moved up quite a bit
20. QPR - About right - they are only a touch higher
21. Barnsley - Now lower but been this position or around it much of season

22. Ipswich - Suprised earlly but dropped off - will finish middle
23. Burton - Spot on really
24. Bolton - Were bottom a lot of the way but picked up but still not safe
Only made the two predictions on the original thread. At post #17.

So no where near the depth that Deadbat went to.

But 2 out of 2 is pretty good !

UTB

Pretty good with 5 of the top 6 , misjudged Cardiff badly , my main prediction was calling the Blades finishing above the Piggies!

And I put this bet on in August, sweating on it now...

received_10211005210394779.jpeg

And cursed it now ive posted it.

Back
Top Bottom