Moving to the Upper Tier to improve home support/atmosphere

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you move to the Upper Tier for an upcoming home game?

• Total voters
Just had a quick look on ticket site. Near enough all tickets have been sold up where you indicated Ricky .

UTB

Would there be an restricitions on the BLUT for the derbymk2 game in Jan?

Quite a full BLUT today.

What was it like up there? Much pashun?

Over 140 now. Get to 150 and that will be my initial target met.

Just had a quick look on ticket site. Near enough all tickets have been sold up where you indicated Ricky .

UTB

There were still plenty left up until the week of the game. I don't think it'll be any problem as long as people don't leave it late.

Just to be clear there's no plan for us to go up there yet, the Bristol City game should be the first. It might seem a while away but I want to make sure we get enough numbers to make a good impact and allow a lot of time for people to sort things out.

Did you end up going up there? How did it compare to last week, louder, quieter?

Would there be an restricitions on the BLUT for the derbymk2 game in Jan?

I wouldn't have thought so. Mind you, we're at the mercy of SYP so the first 20 rows will probably be netted off. One line of steward segregation is fine for the Old Firm derby, but not for us...

I love it on blut, fantastic view, only minus is the players seem to forget that end when they applaud the fans at the end, like on sat.
Only a small minus mind ;)

UPDATE:

Well, first time at the lane for many years, was great to see the red and whites win as I have been known to be a bit of a Jonah in the past (even just watching on TV) but I guess anyone who has followed the Blades for many years could attest to that.

Huge thanks to my buddy for organising the tickets and the beer.

The view is fabulous. Probably the best view I have had in any sports venue. We were sat 3 rows back with no one in front of us. Any goalmouth stuff is right under you and you can almost smell the sweat !. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

UTB

The SUFC Commercial account 'liked' the manifesto. This is encouraging. I am encouraged.

We've disagreed on several matters herbs and I'm sure you know I'm not going to start blowing smoke up your arse now but I genuinely think the way you are going about this is spot on.

While in the past others have "demanded" and tried to force the clubs hand and cajoling people into (more specific) ideas, this is IMO how it should be done, getting the support for it built up in people's own time in a reasonable fashion.

Good to see more Blades up there. Well done.

We've disagreed on several matters herbs and I'm sure you know I'm not going to start blowing smoke up your arse now but I genuinely think the way you are going about this is spot on.

While in the past others have "demanded" and tried to force the clubs hand and cajoling people into (more specific) ideas, this is IMO how it should be done, getting the support for it built up in people's own time in a reasonable fashion.

Good to see more Blades up there. Well done.

Yeah, I'd like to think I'm going about it correctly. I've certainly thought about it enough. There's no real reason for anyone to oppose the idea.

It's something we can do independently and what I've proposed is basic, has quite a broad appeal and would be simple to do, which should mean more interest and nothing to put people off.

I understand that some might be getting sick of seeing this thread, and I also understand that some will be sick of waiting to go up there for the first time! But I'm trying to make absolutely sure that we have enough numbers for the first attempt, and it has to be considered that there are nearly 7,000 members on here (and more viewers) and not all of them come on every day, or even every week so I do feel it's important to keep it in view for a while so everybody sees it.

I sit on Westfield Corner and at times the atmosphere can be ok, especially if g n h block sing.

This can only be a positive if it works.

All the best with it. I'm only a block or 2 away from the proposed area.

150 now.

And I'd imagine some of the 'Yes' votes will in fact be 'Yes + 1 or more', and some of the + 1 or more will be + 2 or more.

Looking fairly promising with about 5/6 weeks to go before the Bristol City game.

I know I said something similar after the Ipswich game but I again thought the BLUT looked around 3/4 full on Saturday from where I was sitting in the Westfield, it’s definitely becoming more popular.

Another bump.

Anyone up for this who's not voted on this poll, please do so.

Upper tier showing as unavailable for the Birmingham game online despite the ticket details on the OS stating that they are available. Any ideas why? I hope we aren't giving it to them due to them selling out early, and I really hope it's not because SYP can't cope with a half decent following.

Upper tier showing as unavailable for the Birmingham game online despite the ticket details on the OS stating that they are available. Any ideas why? I hope we aren't giving it to them due to them selling out early, and I really hope it's not because SYP can't cope with a half decent following.

Looks like they are unavailable.

If it stays that way then Jesus Christ, that's pathetic.

It just shows you what we could be up against with our wonderful police 'service'.

Celtic v Rangers, Liverpool v Man U, Derby v Forest - a thin line of stewards separate the fans. Yet in Sheffield we need a whole stand closed for the visit of....... Birmingham City. Not Wednesday, not even Leeds. Birmingham City.

The games I've targeted this season are mainly 'nothing games' in terms of away support/rivalry. So I've already accounted for this but in terms of season tickets up there long term, it's concerning.

It could be the case that, since Brum have apparently sold their allocation already, they're seeing how much we sell in other areas before offering them the upper as well if it doesn't look like we'll use it

Looks like they are unavailable.

If it stays that way then Jesus Christ, that's pathetic.

It just shows you what we could be up against with our wonderful police 'service'.

Celtic v Rangers, Liverpool v Man U, Derby v Forest - a thin line of stewards separate the fans. Yet in Sheffield we need a whole stand closed for the visit of....... Birmingham City. Not Wednesday, not even Leeds. Birmingham City.

The games I've targeted this season are mainly 'nothing games' in terms of away support/rivalry. So I've already accounted for this but in terms of season tickets up there long term, it's concerning.

It seems that the Brummies have targeted this game for a bit of rough and tumble and SYP have got wind of it. If this is the case, then the solution should be to leave the BLUT open for our fans, close the lower tier to their fans, give them their money back and tell them to fuck off until they learn to behave. I wonder when anyone's ever going to think of this and implement it as a solution to a 50 year old problem.

It appears that tickets aren't available in other areas where they should be, such as the wings of John Street and the South Stand - areas where plenty of seats will always be available, areas there'd be no reason to restrict.

Hopefully it's just a short term issue with the online ticket sales system.

It seems that the Brummies have targeted this game for a bit of rough and tumble and SYP have got wind of it. If this is the case, then the solution should be to leave the BLUT open for our fans, close the lower tier to their fans, give them their money back and tell them to fuck off until they learn to behave. I wonder when anyone's ever going to think of this and implement it as a solution to a 50 year old problem.

If only, eh.

But even if away fans are looking for trouble and sell out their allocation, why are the police so unwilling to actually do their bloody job in these circumstances?

Keep away fans locked in for an extra 5 minutes or so, separate us further by closing 1 or 2 of the exits, have a larger presence outside, etc.

Is it difficult?

If only, eh.

But even if away fans are looking for trouble and sell out their allocation, why are the police so unwilling to actually do their bloody job in these circumstances?

Keep away fans locked in for an extra 5 minutes or so, separate us further by closing 1 or 2 of the exits, have a larger presence outside, etc.

Is it difficult?

The strategy for situations like this is for SYP to:

1. Put out a huge presence before the game to show they mean business
2. Net off large areas of the ground to segregate fans to show they are on top of the situation
3. Do a disappearing act after the game, let it all kick off, use this as grounds for increased restrictions on fans in future and complain to the government about police cuts.

The only people they are fooling are themselves.

Bought my Hull for BLUT yesterday. I’ll give it a try

Just voted again. Excellent view and providing there's close to a full house. An excellent atmosphere.. HOWEVER! I do hold the kop close to my heart considering ive stood/sat there from being 8.

Even if you have no intention of going on the BLUT again, it would still be worthwhile moving there just for the Bristol City game. The more the better, the louder the better. A good showing up there will lead to a lot more interest than we have to start with.

Regards the Birmingham game...

Apparently we have to sell the rest of the stadium before the BLUT. On the advice of our safety officer.

So unless the attendance gets towards 28,000, it won't be open at all.

The segregation between us and Leeds fans last night was about 100 seats, and only a short distance. Furthermore, this was actually a 'lively' section of the home support.

Nobody even died or anything. In fact I don't think anything happened at all.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Yeah, I'd like to think I'm going about it correctly. I've certainly thought about it enough. There's no real reason for anyone to oppose the idea.

It's something we can do independently and what I've proposed is basic, has quite a broad appeal and would be simple to do, which should mean more interest and nothing to put people off.

I understand that some might be getting sick of seeing this thread, and I also understand that some will be sick of waiting to go up there for the first time! But I'm trying to make absolutely sure that we have enough numbers for the first attempt, and it has to be considered that there are nearly 7,000 members on here (and more viewers) and not all of them come on every day, or even every week so I do feel it's important to keep it in view for a while so everybody sees it.

You should edit the original post to make it clear that the Bristol City game is the first tryout for this.

You should edit the original post to make it clear that the Bristol City game is the first tryout for this.

Can't edit now. I'm waiting to start another thread about the Bristol City game but I'd rather know when tickets will be on sale. But I'm not leaving it any later than Monday. They've suggested that it's usually 4 weeks before a game that they go on sale but the Birmingham game went on sale about 5/6 weeks before.

Bumping this one last time while we've got a fuckload of users online.

Back
Top Bottom