Moving to the Upper Tier to improve home support/atmosphere

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you move to the Upper Tier for an upcoming home game?

• Total voters

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
This has been discussed before on here. The BLUT is a great opportunity and there's nothing stopping us using it to good effect if the desire's there.
Our home atmosphere hasn't been bad but it can certainly get better. Having good vocal support behind both goals would be great, short term and long term.

This poll is just a tally to try and gauge how many would buy/move their tickets up there with this aim in mind - at least for one game with a view to more in the future.

If there's 100+ positive responses we can plan something for an upcoming home game.

A previous thread about this got quite a promising response with 122 indicating interest.
https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...l-upper-tier-to-improve-the-atmosphere.54514/

('No' is not a poll response option because it would be pointless)

Oh, OK. Errrrm, yes I wouldn't.

Seriously though, I love it up there and think it would be great to have at least 3 sides of the ground bellowing out songs.

I moved there this season instead of my little spot stood up at back of South Stand. Can't recommend the BLUT highly enough, good atmosphere and the view is superb, feels like you're right on top of the goal!

I'm also daft enough to not move back to the South Stand because our season will fall apart if I do!!

• Banned
If we keep doing well on the pitch, attendances will increase, the BLUT will fill up and season tickets will probably be available there.

I think this season is our last chance to establish it as a focal point for vocal home support. We need to get in there while it's still empty.

If it went to plan and people saw it working, plenty will want to get STs up there and everyone would know what to expect.

The best view in the ground combined with a good atmosphere would be very appealing.

If we're going to do this then we should allow plenty of time to publicise and organise - it's very important that the first attempt is relatively successful. I'm thinking the Fulham game (21 Nov) at the earliest.

This has been discussed before on here. The BLUT is a great opportunity and there's nothing stopping us using it to good effect if the desire's there.
Our home atmosphere hasn't been bad but it can certainly get better. Having good vocal support behind both goals would be great, short term and long term.

This poll is just a tally to try and gauge how many would buy/move their tickets up there with this aim in mind - at least for one game with a view to more in the future.

If there's 100+ positive responses we can plan something for an upcoming home game.

A previous thread about this got quite a promising response with 122 indicating interest.
https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...l-upper-tier-to-improve-the-atmosphere.54514/

Why don't you go to flares ?
You can wear fancy dress and join in all the songs

I have booked tickets for the blut for the Hull City game. Hope its as good as everyone says.

Great view.
But needs to be full. Shame we couldn’t get some ticket offer together to fill it.

Maybe a half season ticket....condition to be in there?

Why don't you go to flares ?
You can wear fancy dress and join in all the songs

About 30 minutes for you to respond with something like this... I expected it within 30 seconds. Very disappointing.

Don't you want our home support to be as good as possible?

Haven't been up there for a while, but have been up there for some important games: my first ever game, PNE play off semi final and the Wigan relegation decider. As others have said, the view is excellent and if the ground is reasonably full the atmosphere can be good too. So, it's a yes from me Simon.

Sounds ok to me, nothing wrong with coming up with ideas to make our ground more intimidating for the opposition, always easy to find fault but why not give it a go?

Am I alone in thinking the "atmosphere" at the Lane this season has actually been pretty damn good ?

I'm sure you're not. I don't think it's been bad. But even if it had been good, why not try to make it even better?

I'd love BL to be the loudest ground in the country.

Last edited:
I’d be 100% up for giving it a try, likewise a mate or 2 will probably join. Worst that can happen is we get glared at by the students sat in front of us

I'm normally on the kop but I've been on the BL end twice this season, once on the BLUT and once on the Westfield. Both times managed to get a drink at half time so it's a thumbs up from me. They also appeared to open the bar on the Westfield while the first half was still in progress. Nipped down seconds before half time to avoid the dash and there were people supping down there, watching the game on TV

Best view in the ground and have booked here for the Reading game.

I was in BUT for the Wolves game. Had a row almost to myself. Enjoyed it immensely cos I'm a miserable twat and nobody pulled me up for moaning or swearing.

In all seriousness though, if there is a better view in any other ground it must be a gud un.

I like my seat on the Kop,been there for the last 10 years.

Tried the John St for several seasons near the away end before it was turned into a child friendly stand.

South Stand that lasted just one season.

Bramall Lane upper cant see me going on there as its a longer walk from the car,and i would miss all the Kop locals.

Reactions: Dkc
The BLUT will always be special to me, it's where I sat for my first ever match back in the mid 80s.

It might not be the most atmospheric, but I recall a comment on here once along the lines of there being something about the rake and the height that enables you to see the game pan out in a way that other areas don't, and that rang true for me. Even though you're looking down the pitch from the narrow end of the rectangle, it looms wide.

The height relative to the short distance 'back' conversely gives the optical illusion that the pitch is shorter than it is, meaning a great view of both goals.

And the steep rake not only means no obstruction but also adds just a touch of acrophobia to proceedings, not as to make you nervous but a little edge to the emotion.

Taking both my lads on Sat. It will be the 1st match for my youngest. My old man tagging along as well, in the stand where he took me as a kid when it all started for me. Getting giddy already. I fucking love Bramall Lane.

I feel I should clarify some things before this goes any further. It's important that everybody responding here is clear about what we want to do, and understands a few things.

• The reason to move onto the Upper Tier is to contribute to improving the atmosphere/vocal support. You should be happy to go along with everything that goes with this.
  • We'd aim to get tickets and gather from the back row downwards, ideally central.
  • The long term and key goal is establishing a permanent focal point for vocal home support.
  • Cuntish behaviour is an absolute no-no. Inside or outside the ground. SYP need no excuse to impose themselves. If even a small number misbehaved, long term we'd be hopeless.
  • COMMITMENT. Without this from everybody then it won't work.

Am I alone in thinking the "atmosphere" at the Lane this season has actually been pretty damn good ?
I agree with that. Take the game v Derby, for example. I'm reliably informed that when we scored in injury time, the roar could be heard from Norfolk Park.

I'm sure you're not. I don't think it's been bad. But even if it had been good, why not try to make it even better?

I'd love BL to be the loudest ground in the country.

Very fair point !

Had a season ticket up there late 90's early 2000s.

Great view but I wouldn't move back up there from my seat in G block now. Wouldn't be able to do wanker signs to the away fans from up there :mad:

No, but you'd be able to piss on a disabled little girl. Before jumping down and punching her 80 year old grandmother

Love my seat on the Kop and I'm firmly convinced it's the best seat in the house (no bias or owt ;)). I would however give it a go.

What's the gig anyway? Can you just ask them to activate your ST card for a different stand for that game?

Atmosphere has been ace so far but I like the idea of a section other than the Kop giving it some welly.

Love my seat on the Kop and I'm firmly convinced it's the best seat in the house (no bias or owt ;)). I would however give it a go.

What's the gig anyway? Can you just ask them to activate your ST card for a different stand for that game?

Atmosphere has been ace so far but I like the idea of a section other than the Kop giving it some welly.

Ask them to move your ST there, I think it costs an extra £2 to move there from the Kop. I wouldn't imagine it will cost anything extra if moving from any other stand.

I think you can only do this at the ticket office or over the phone though. I can't see anything on the online ticket system that enables you to move your ST for individual games.

At least 60 so far.

Back
Top Bottom