Movement.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, cover doesn't just mean they'll be on the bench. They may have to play every game for weeks if there's an injury. Lundstram and Stearman against Liverpool? Freeman and Morrison against Man City? If we have cover they have to be able to step up. Their not 3rd choice, they're second choice.
And we're Sheffield United,

We ain't got a barrel of money

And we're Sheffield United,

We ain't got a barrel of money

True, but we need better cover than Lundstram or Stearman or we're basically waving the white flag before we start. Both worth keeping as third choice but not second. Freeman and Moore, maybe.

True, but we need better cover than Lundstram or Stearman or we're basically waving the white flag before we start. Both worth keeping as third choice but not second. Freeman and Moore, maybe.
Assuming Hendo signs on loan we are an injury (Eastwood poisoning his lasagna) to Moore away from play Jake Eastwood in goal at Old Trafford 😱

I think there are more pressing issues that replacing Stearman as back up. It isn't ideal but he would do steady job in there if needed.

I agree we need to improve our midfield options.

Assuming Hendo signs on loan we are an injury (Eastwood poisoning his lasagna) to Moore away from play Jake Eastwood in goal at Old Trafford 😱

I think there are more pressing issues that replacing Stearman as back up. It isn't ideal but he would do steady job in there if needed.

I agree we need to improve our midfield options.
We know that Hendo can't play against Man Utd, so are you suggesting we spend big to get a keeper who will sit on the bench for 36 games in case our reserve keeper gets injured for those two games. Also what decent keeper would be happy to do that and then would Moore then leave which would leave us exactly in the same position should Eastwood make the dinner.

What you think we need and what we can afford are two different things.

I'm pretty sure that CW will do the best with what we can afford and I will be perfectly happy with that, on the other hand I fear that you may be in line for some disappointment.

We know that Hendo can't play against Man Utd, so are you suggesting we spend big to get a keeper who will sit on the bench for 36 games in case our reserve keeper gets injured for those two games. Also what decent keeper would be happy to do that and then would Moore then leave which would leave us exactly in the same position should Eastwood make the dinner.
It was a little tongue in cheek. To be honest I wouldn’t sign Henderson on loan. Permanent yes, if not I would pursue other options.

Simon Moore is someone I would look to upgrade, probably asking too much this window but next summer providing we stay up I think we should upgrade.

What you think we need and what we can afford are two different things.

I'm pretty sure that CW will do the best with what we can afford and I will be perfectly happy with that, on the other hand I fear that you may be in line for some disappointment.

Completely agree. He's going to have to decide whether he needs to get players in regardless as cover or only bring in good players. Difficult choice.

Thing is, cover doesn't just mean they'll be on the bench. They may have to play every game for weeks if there's an injury. Lundstram and Stearman against Liverpool? Freeman and Morrison against Man City? If we have cover they have to be able to step up. Their not 3rd choice, they're second choice.

Fair enough but we don’t yet know who will be signed to cover RCB, LCB etc.
If we sign someone like McNair for example, he might be the second choice ahead of Freeman, Stearman and Lundstram. Making them the third choice.

I don’t think it’s realistic for us to expect 22 players of equal quality. We need to make sure we have a strong 18 and will need to rely on last year’s squad players for further depth. We could certainly do with a couple of utility players in the Basham / McNair mould.

Fair enough but we don’t yet know who will be signed to cover RCB, LCB etc.
If we sign someone like McNair for example, he might be the second choice ahead of Freeman, Stearman and Lundstram. Making them the third choice.

I don’t think it’s realistic for us to expect 22 players of equal quality. We need to make sure we have a strong 18 and will need to rely on last year’s squad players for further depth. We could certainly do with a couple of utility players in the Basham / McNair mould.

I actually think Lundstram is decent to have around as it gives us a different option if we want to try and close out a game. I just don't think he#s direct cover for any of the midfielders.

Didn't see the later posts when I put this on but that little run of childishness did make me smirk. RIP Max. UTB

Fleck ,,,, to West Ham
244wrdl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom