Movement.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's be honest though... 50k in the premier League is fuck all in comparison.. if we're not willing to go above say... 30k, that's maybe championship level excluding the top six for the market we're shopping in...

It is our manager who decides who is value for money,I trust his judgement on such matters

For a start, he's better than we've got currently. Without looking through rose tinted glasses. He's a decent player. Can do everything and more that Duffy can do. Evidently he's done enough to warrant the wages if a rival club is willing to pay it. And let's be honest, we could ask that question for many many players in the premier League. Not many players warrant the wages they're on. We're in the best league in the world, we can't simply offer someone a championship players wage. As someone else will offer up to date wages.

For a start, he's better than we've got currently. Without looking through rose tinted glasses. He's a decent player. Can do everything and more that Duffy can do. Evidently he's done enough to warrant the wages if a rival club is willing to pay it. And let's be honest, we could ask that question for many many players in the premier League. Not many players warrant the wages they're on. We're in the best league in the world, we can't simply offer someone a championship players wage. As someone else will offer up to date wages.

Our manager obviously disagrees with you

Our manager obviously disagrees with you
Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. Budgets are important. And I highly highly doubt wilder would disagree with the comment that he's better than we've got. Evidently that's the case, when we were trying to buy him..

Agents wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't circulate that their client is available for x amount and try to get the best wages etc. Players also will be waiting to see what's on offer from different teams.

Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. Budgets are important. And I highly highly doubt wilder would disagree with the comment that he's better than we've got. Evidently that's the case, when we were trying to buy him..
I will disagree with your comment that he is better than Duffy,one has been instrumental in getting his side promoted,the other has been warming the bench.Our manager clearly does not think he warrants 50k a week wages,and that is good enough for me.

I will disagree with your comment that he is better than Duffy,one has been instrumental in getting his side promoted,the other has been warming the bench.Our manager clearly does not think he warrants 50k a week wages,and that is good enough for me.
I thought you would do lol, I wouldn't say instrumental. He was definitely needed. But he was far from instrumental. And I'd disagree with that comment too.. he played 40 games last season. So far from warming the bench. He's younger, more attack minded and has a decent shot and touch. There's two ways he's better than Duffy.. but I'll let you guess which ones I'm referring to.

I don’t - I’m saying we clearly haven’t done enough if he’s now down at villa park having a medical.

We have 6 weeks to try and agree a fee.

I don’t even know if we were interested but at least we would have been in a position to offer a contract and see where he wanted to go (IF he was a key target and we’ve been rumoured to be in for him for a while). Birmigham can’t be holding out for the earth if they are willing to sell to their direct rival

I don’t care if villa gazump us on wages - just looks poor that our months head start hasn’t been used effectively
Why on earth wouldn't he wait and refuse to agree a deal with us until the playoffs finished? He lives in or around Birmingham already, and knows they'll pay more money.
He'd be a fool to tie everything up with us if he had any intention of talking to Villa.

I thought you would do lol, I wouldn't say instrumental. He was definitely needed. But he was far from instrumental. And I'd disagree with that comment too.. he played 40 games last season. So far from warming the bench. He's younger, more attack minded and has a decent shot and touch. There's two ways he's better than Duffy.. but I'll let you guess which ones I'm referring to.

You don't think Duffy was instrumental in us getting promoted,I am amazed at that to be honest.

Based on what?

One of the benefits of automatic promotion is getting a month start on whoever wins the play offs
Unless you can't financially compete with anyone above mid table championship (even with a couple of hundred mil in the bank )

Wouldn't blame wilder if he did fuck off and by the way I don't care if we don't sign iota

If we have missed out then personally i couldn't give a monkey's. He nothing special. If Villa want to chuck £50k plus at him per week then good for them. More fool them. They can cos they are in a different ball park to us financially, and they can afford to be lazy with their recruitment, whereas we have to be bang on with ours. We have to squeeze every last bit of value out of our incoming players to give us a chance. Villa dont.

If we didnt get him, its because CW thought he wasnt worth it. And i will go with our manager on this. No big deal. I would be more peeved if we missed out on Freeman at QPR who i think could easily step up to the premier league and who will probably want half of what Jota wanted per week.

I think what most people forget is that Villa are owned by (effectively) two Billionaires, they could buy someone and pay whatever wages, without the Premiership money.

I think what most people forget is that Villa are owned by (effectively) two Billionaires, they could buy someone and pay whatever wages, without the Premiership money.

Nobody has forgotten that haha

Overall would prefer Robinson. Jota seems more to follow the money and Robinson trains with Egan, McG and Stevens in the Rep. Ireland squad. Surely more harmony with him. Also isn't he younger?

If they’ve met his wage demands without negotiation, he doesn’t need to move house, he’s in the top league. No brainier really from the players point of view.

Really don't understand why people wank themselves silly over Freeman.
He had a couple of good games against us in League One when we were shit then went to QPR, which is a money motivated tosspot move in itself.
He was completely anonymous against us this season and there hasn't exactly been a queue of clubs after him.
Biggest hype job on here since Sam Morsy.

He had a couple of good games against us in League One when we were shit then went to QPR, which is a money motivated tosspot move in itself.
He was completely anonymous against us this season and there hasn't exactly been a queue of clubs after him.
Biggest hype job on here since Sam Morsy.

I agree, think he is a little shit, although should he sign for us I will be claiming that I have always rated him, and that someone pinched my login details

It does look poor how Villa are jumping straight in the day after winning the play offs and getting these deals done, typically for targets of ours, while we've done nothing with our 5 week head start on them.
We have 6 weeks to try and agree a fee.
I don’t care if villa gazump us on wages - just looks poor that our months head start hasn’t been used effectively
Let's be honest though... 50k in the premier League is fuck all in comparison.. if we're not willing to go above say... 30k, that's maybe championship level excluding the top six for the market we're shopping in...

We're still in May and they've started already
Image result for crybaby

Did you leave early at the Lane when he nearly equalised in the last minute (missed by a whisker and Henderson didn't even move)?

Wonder if we will still be in talks with man utd regarding Henderson's loan move when the transfer window closes

Well i know for certain that Mr Wilder definitely rates Freeman from QPR.

Still what does he know.

If we miss out on Jota, as it seems likely, I can see an approach for Freeman. I think we've been linked before and he's excelled this season, more so than Jota as an example. He'd also be affordable I would imagine.

I think Chelsea have got the base already in place of a good top 6 squad without worrying about signings too much. But what does that mean for the desired loanees?
The big blow is going to be losing Hazard, and not so much a blow but another body gone without Higuain. I think they're well stocked in defence, but I can't see them letting Abraham or indeed Mount go.

For James - They'll make do with Azpiluceta and Zappacosta until the year after at right back, he won't play ahead of Christensen, Rudiger and Luiz at centre half. Zouma and Tomori to return from loan spells too.

Mount - RLC, Barkley, Kante, Jorginho, Drinkwater lol after that I'm struggling to think of midfielders, even looking at the out on loan lot, not many I fancy to make a Chelsea matchday squad. Mario Pasalic possibly. They play 3 so I fancy them to keep Mount around the place.

Abraham - No chance they'll let him go on loan, someone will have to pay big bucks. Only got Giroud as an actual striker and Hudson Odoi who can play there. Hazard will be off, Higuain was only on loan and no loss anyway, no other loanee will make the squad.
Both RLC and Hudson-Odoi have injuries that will keep then out for a while too. Though Mount would be a reasonable loanee. If Sarri is off might not be so certain they sign Kovacic, but that would be another body.

With James, he can also cover DM, so he could be useful to them.

Sarri's move to Juve certainly outs a lot up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom