Movement.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This echoes my opinion too.

Fer is high up on my wishlist. Think its a key position next year. Him or Mikel (dont think we'd sign both) and I think thats a major piece of the jigsaw.

Jota and Freeman are no-brainers.

Birmingham fans only want rid of Jota because A) his wages are high and B) they no longer player with a midfield diamond (ie someone in the 'Duffy role'). We can offer him competitive wages and he'd flourish in our team played to his strengths.

The only issue with going for both Jota and Freeman is that they're both left footed.

And I don't think either are at their best as wide forwards supporting a striker.

I think we'd also need a different type of attacking midfielder, a right footed one with pace and a goal threat.

Signing Luke Freeman would be exciting too. He strikes me as someone who would get even better for the step up in division, think it would bring even more out in him.

More than anything for me it's his age, he's at that moment now where he's clicked, but will continue improving due to the type of player he is.

The only issue with going for both Jota and Freeman is that they're both left footed.

And I don't think either are at their best as wide forwards supporting a striker.

I think we'd also need a different type of attacking midfielder, a right footed one with pace and a goal threat.

More than anything for me it's his age, he's at that moment now where he's clicked, but will continue improving due to the type of player he is.

Would you consider using one of our loan spots for Mason Mount?

I think Wilder is a fan and is probably considering him.

Would you consider using one of our loan spots for Mason Mount?

I think Wilder is a fan and is probably considering him.

We could do much worse. I'm not sure I've seen the best of him but I'd trust Wilder's judgement there. He could play deeper in midfield too.

If we're loaning Henderson though, I'd throw everything at making Reece James the second loan before moving on to anyone else.

We could do much worse. I'm not sure I've seen the best of him but I'd trust Wilder's judgement there. He could play deeper in midfield too.

If we're loaning Henderson though, I'd throw everything at making Reece James the second loan before moving on to anyone else.
Yeah, Id have Reece James ahead of Mount too.

The downside to both is that because of Chelsea's ongoing embargo issues, they will drag out making a decision on outgoing loans until deep into the window. Not ideal for us really.

Yeah, Id have Reece James ahead of Mount too.

The downside to both is that because of Chelsea's ongoing embargo issues, they will drag out making a decision on outgoing loans until deep into the window. Not ideal for us really.

Exactly, the same goes for Liverpool. They insist on keeping them until the last possible day of pre season before letting them out on loan.

Having one loan space left and having to leave it until the end of July really wouldn't be ideal. It's so hard to plan. Wilder has a hell of a job on his hands.

I think Chelsea have got the base already in place of a good top 6 squad without worrying about signings too much. But what does that mean for the desired loanees?
The big blow is going to be losing Hazard, and not so much a blow but another body gone without Higuain. I think they're well stocked in defence, but I can't see them letting Abraham or indeed Mount go.

For James - They'll make do with Azpiluceta and Zappacosta until the year after at right back, he won't play ahead of Christensen, Rudiger and Luiz at centre half. Zouma and Tomori to return from loan spells too.

Mount - RLC, Barkley, Kante, Jorginho, Drinkwater lol after that I'm struggling to think of midfielders, even looking at the out on loan lot, not many I fancy to make a Chelsea matchday squad. Mario Pasalic possibly. They play 3 so I fancy them to keep Mount around the place.

Abraham - No chance they'll let him go on loan, someone will have to pay big bucks. Only got Giroud as an actual striker and Hudson Odoi who can play there. Hazard will be off, Higuain was only on loan and no loss anyway, no other loanee will make the squad.

Aina, Rahmann, Moses, Morata, Bakayoko, Kennedy are also returning. Van Ginkel is still on their books I think. Plus they’ve bought Pusilic for £64m from Dortmund.

I think Chelsea have got the base already in place of a good top 6 squad without worrying about signings too much. But what does that mean for the desired loanees?
The big blow is going to be losing Hazard, and not so much a blow but another body gone without Higuain. I think they're well stocked in defence, but I can't see them letting Abraham or indeed Mount go.

For James - They'll make do with Azpiluceta and Zappacosta until the year after at right back, he won't play ahead of Christensen, Rudiger and Luiz at centre half. Zouma and Tomori to return from loan spells too.

Mount - RLC, Barkley, Kante, Jorginho, Drinkwater lol after that I'm struggling to think of midfielders, even looking at the out on loan lot, not many I fancy to make a Chelsea matchday squad. Mario Pasalic possibly. They play 3 so I fancy them to keep Mount around the place.

Abraham - No chance they'll let him go on loan, someone will have to pay big bucks. Only got Giroud as an actual striker and Hudson Odoi who can play there. Hazard will be off, Higuain was only on loan and no loss anyway, no other loanee will make the squad.

Aina, Rahmann, Moses, Morata, Bakayoko, Kennedy are also returning. Van Ginkel is still on their books I think. Plus they’ve bought Pusilic for £64m from Dortmund.

Luke Freeman is the most viable Duffy replacement i can think of. :D

Moses off to Inter with Conte, Morata with Atleti still.
Pulisic is a winger, Kenedy a left back as is Rahman. Can't see a future for Bakayoko

Aina and Van Ginkel could possibly have an impact.

Jota will be really difficult as he's on a phenomenal wage already, and United will no doubt want to insert a relegation wage reduction in his deal. From his point of view, why would you move when you can sit on your fat Brum contract? Would probably take a big drop in Brum's valuation to help subsidise his wages over the duration of his contract imo. If we take Wilder at face value re future proofing the squad, this all has to be taken into account. You've got to be looking at worse case scenario, which is United in the Championship in 20/21.

Luke Freeman: Bargain at that price, and fits perfectly into our style and recruitment ethos. He will still be good in his thirties due to his position and game style. With Duffy's age (last year of contract) we really could do with two new ones there, although Mcgoldrick can play there in the shorter term. I think the Mount suggestion is a good one, as he has an attribute that our current squad and Jota/Freeman lack: pace. It opens up tackle variations that aren't there currently.

Naughton and Fer seem like gambles. I'd love Fer if it wasn't for his age, moreover his injury history. I see see a player of that ilk as a necessity. Tall, rangy, powerful, athletic, but it seems an unnecessary gamble on someone who's best days may be behind him. Maybe he's worth a punt on a favourabe short term deal for United. Would Naughton really be better than what we've got - even in reserve? He's also thirty, three years older than the man he surely replaces (Freeman).

Maupay scores most of his goals in the six yard box like the other strikers we are targeting, but he has the pace to play of the shoulder of the last defender. If you look at his finishing, he seems to be a lot better when finishing from pull backs in the area, than when he's clean through on goal. He's surprisingly good with his back to goal, and is good in the one and two touch build up play Brentford utilise.
Mcburnie is good with his back to goal, has good feet like Maupay and is better in the air. He's not slow, but isn't as quick as Maupay. I think they'd both be good signings.

Jota will be really difficult as he's on a phenomenal wage already, and United will no doubt want to insert a relegation wage reduction in his deal. From his point of view, why would you move when you can sit on your fat Brum contract? Would probably take a big drop in Brum's valuation to help subsidise his wages over the duration of his contract imo. If we take Wilder at face value re future proofing the squad, this all has to be taken into account. You've got to be looking at worse case scenario, which is United in the Championship in 20/21.

Luke Freeman: Bargain at that price, and fits perfectly into our style and recruitment ethos. He will still be good in his thirties due to his position and game style. With Duffy's age (last year of contract) we really could do with two new ones there, although Mcgoldrick can play there in the shorter term. I think the Mount suggestion is a good one, as he has an attribute that our current squad and Jota/Freeman lack: pace. It opens up tackle variations that aren't there currently.

Naughton and Fer seem like gambles. I'd love Fer if it wasn't for his age, moreover his injury history. I see see a player of that ilk as a necessity. Tall, rangy, powerful, athletic, but it seems an unnecessary gamble on someone who's best days may be behind him. Maybe he's worth a punt on a favourabe short term deal for United. Would Naughton really be better than what we've got - even in reserve? He's also thirty, three years older than the man he surely replaces (Freeman).

Maupay scores most of his goals in the six yard box like the other strikers we are targeting, but he has the pace to play of the shoulder of the last defender. If you look at his finishing, he seems to be a lot better when finishing from pull backs in the area, than when he's clean through on goal. He's surprisingly good with his back to goal, and is good in the one and two touch build up play Brentford utilise.
Mcburnie is good with his back to goal, has good feet like Maupay and is better in the air. He's not slow, but isn't as quick as Maupay. I think they'd both be good signings.

We do have one thing in our favour regards Jota, Premiership Football.
Depends really if he loves playing football more than money.

We will 100% max out our allowance of two loan signings, Henderson will more than likely one of those I predict the other will be a RCB to cover Bash. My preference would be Reece James, its a good move for all parties.

The 2 loan signings really is a tricky thing to work around - makes it harder to establish yourself but I guess it stops dodgy relationships developing between clubs

In an ideal world we would sign a GK properly and then use the loan signings on players we can’t afford to buy but need football - like Abraham or mount or James etc

I’d genuinely be tempted to see if Man U might budge on a permanent transfer... it would open up a whole host of opportunity to develop the side.

The 2 loan signings really is a tricky thing to work around - makes it harder to establish yourself but I guess it stops dodgy relationships developing between clubs

In an ideal world we would sign a GK properly and then use the loan signings on players we can’t afford to buy but need football - like Abraham or mount or James etc

I’d genuinely be tempted to see if Man U might budge on a permanent transfer... it would open up a whole host of opportunity to develop the side.

Might be just me, but I'm really not sold on Abraham at all.

The good thing about the rule is it'll sort the genuine footballers from the wage gatherers.

With a limited number of loans to the highest level, there'll be players and agents kicking up a reyt fuss if they're not able to get football, and they'll be putting in transfer requests, which should lower the prices as more quality is available more often.

In theory.

I’m sure there’s some sort of arrangement we could come to here if we included:
- a buy back Man United could activate after a year (say minus what a reasonable loan fee would usually be), protecting Man United’s interests
- a release clause on relegation similar to the one we gave Jags, if Man United didn’t fancy buying him back, protecting Henderson’s interests.
- we avoid using a loan in the process

I’d never advocate that sort of deal usually, as it’s completely weighted against us, but for the purposes of this situation I think the pros would outweigh the cons.

I’m sure there’s some sort of arrangement we could come to here if we included:
- a buy back Man United could activate after a year (say minus what a reasonable loan fee would usually be), protecting Man United’s interests
- a release clause on relegation similar to the one we gave Jags, if Man United didn’t fancy buying him back, protecting Henderson’s interests.
- we avoid using a loan in the process

I’d never advocate that sort of deal usually, as it’s completely weighted against us, but for the purposes of this situation I think the pros would outweigh the cons.

I like your thinking here.

Genuinely what’s to stop Man U ‘selling’ him to us for a fee of say £2m (I don’t know what loan fee they would ask for irl) with the option to buy him back for £1 at the end of the year?

It’s essentially gets us around having to loan him whilst being the same deal for Man U that they would get as a loan.

Win win and we can add another player as a loan.

I can believe all of those players. All in our price range and obvious what they bring to the squad. If the stuff about Jota and wages is true Wilder will move on as hes said.numerous times he wants characters who want to play for not ones who are after the money.

Jota's done well apparently when he's played in the Duffy role but they don't play that much as others have said. I'd be happy with either, to be honest; they're both 27 and have good ability, can shoot from long range and can create. Both QPR and Brum need to cut costs surely, so maybe we could get a better deal than previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom