Outgoing? Mousset?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can not agree with you mate ,He has become a real problem not just because he can not go 90 mins he has become a problem off the pitch to along with the fact he has not been available for 2 thirds if not more of our matches because he keeps putting sick notes in. Time to cut our losses I think.He will not contribute anything to our battle with relegation on the treatment table .
There are two different issues. One is what people refer to as his "attitude" (which includes fitness levels as people attribute his low level of fitness to a bad attitude towards training), the other is his injuries. I don't know the details of his injuries whilst he's been with us, but if I remember correctly his current injury was due to a training incident. I think it's wrong to refer to injuries like that as "putting sick notes in". These things happen and the club are going to know exactly how bad his injury is and whether he can play or not - they're not going to take his word for it.
The idea that he would deliberately want to avoid being picked for a match, to me, is absurd. I don't know where these notions of players' attitudes come from. Where do you get that idea?
And if he's too injured to play for us, how do you expect us to sell him?

He has all of the physical attributes to be a world class professional footballer, unfortunately for us and himself, when it comes to the required mental attributes, he doesn't possess one.

Been superb in glimpses, but far too infrequent and totally unreliable. When he’s 40 and just starting to grow up a bit. I imagine he’ll look back upon his career, with a huge dollop of regret. I’m sure he’s a nice kid, but he’s also a fucking idiot and we need to cut our losses, if someone wants him I’d snatch their hand off.
You'd hope that he'd look at some of his older colleagues like Bash, Sharp, McGoldrick, Jags and take a bit of inspiration from them, with their application and fitness levels. He might be a nice kid, but he gives me the impression of a lad who has ability but is too cool to try. I'm sure we all played in teams at junior or senior levels with players like it who did everyone's head in!!

There are two different issues. One is what people refer to as his "attitude" (which includes fitness levels as people attribute his low level of fitness to a bad attitude towards training), the other is his injuries. I don't know the details of his injuries whilst he's been with us, but if I remember correctly his current injury was due to a training incident. I think it's wrong to refer to injuries like that as "putting sick notes in". These things happen and the club are going to know exactly how bad his injury is and whether he can play or not - they're not going to take his word for it.
The idea that he would deliberately want to avoid being picked for a match, to me, is absurd. I don't know where these notions of players' attitudes come from. Where do you get that idea?
And if he's too injured to play for us, how do you expect us to sell him?

He'll be picking many of his injuries up through his general lack of fitness, which comes from poor application in training, preparation and diet. Look at Basham and Sharp, both in their 30's, its well known that they are up there with the fittest in the squad and they never pick up the injuries Mousset does.

He'll be picking many of his injuries up through his general lack of fitness, which comes from poor application in training, preparation and diet. Look at Basham and Sharp, both in their 30's, its well known that they are up there with the fittest in the squad and they never pick up the injuries Mousset does.
Maybe, maybe not. The assumption from everyone seems to be that the players are completely on their own when it comes to fitness, training, diet, etc. I find it hard to believe that the club aren't involved. If it really is as bad as people on here are making out, the club and Wilder would have done something about it. Wilder is pretty open on these sort of things and players who don't respond fall out of favour with him, usually quite quickly. That's not the impression I get when he mentions Mousset.

Maybe, maybe not. The assumption from everyone seems to be that the players are completely on their own when it comes to fitness, training, diet, etc. I find it hard to believe that the club aren't involved. If it really is as bad as people on here are making out, the club and Wilder would have done something about it. Wilder is pretty open on these sort of things and players who don't respond fall out of favour with him, usually quite quickly. That's not the impression I get when he mentions Mousset.
You are spot on when you say the club are totally involved with fitness, diet and training, but the player has a responsibility to work hard too. Some players you can’t help no matter what you do for them. Moose will never be world class because he hasn’t got the drive and desire to make it. Being fit now and again isn’t enough at this level, you need to have the drive to succeed no matter what. Look at most of the team that has completed the journey from league 1 to the Prem, if Moose has anything like the drive of Basham, O’Connell and Fleck, he would be a world beater, sadly he hasn’t.

Just saying i am enjoying following this one, good points, and sensible posts - and no silly name calling!

If Mousset wanted to get fit he would. But he doesnt. "Mousset fit this" "Mousset fit that. He has all the equipment, nutrition and utensils to get himself fit but he cant be arsed to. He takes being a footballer for granted. Shipped him out.

That’s an interesting take regarding Wilder and one I wonder about myself. Good managers don’t necessarily have a habit of calling out all players, but they will do if they think it will get the best out of them and I will help the team. Maybe with Moose, Wilder knows that there’s something not right where he won’t respond to that kind of criticism and takes a gentler approach in the hope that we can eventually get a few good games out of him as opposed to him going awal. Either way, whatever the approach is at the moment, it’s not working.

When we bought Moose we thought his problem laid with having better strikers in front of him, now up to a point this may be true. It has sadly become evident since we bought him that he wants the trappings of a PL player, but not the effort his fitness for someone so young is incredibly worrying.

It’s an “out” for me
Sorry because he could be a great player
The fact is though, for what ever reason, he’s not
We don’t have the luxury of carrying players
I’m guessing that come next August, Mousset, Berge and Egan will have left the club. ( + a few lower profile players of course)
Mousset because he doesn’t produce and Berge and Egan because they are saleable assets and I suspect won’t want to play in the Championship

You are spot on when you say the club are totally involved with fitness, diet and training, but the player has a responsibility to work hard too. Some players you can’t help no matter what you do for them. Moose will never be world class because he hasn’t got the drive and desire to make it. Being fit now and again isn’t enough at this level, you need to have the drive to succeed no matter what. Look at most of the team that has completed the journey from league 1 to the Prem, if Moose has anything like the drive of Basham, O’Connell and Fleck, he would be a world beater, sadly he hasn’t.

Which would all be correct, except that the noises from Wilder when he talks about Mousset, which admitedly isn't that often, doesn't give me the impression that he (Wilder) thinks the same way. We had a similar player who was supposed to be extremely talented but had the wrong attitude and we hoped Wilder could sort him out, he couldn't and the player's gone. Wilder didn't mess around then, but he's sticking with Mousset, which is my foundation for thinking the way I do.
Now I accept that it could be because he's Wilder's signing and he's spent a bit on him, so he is seeing it through, but then he's got shut of other of his signings pretty pronto in the past and it's not as if he'd get the blame from fans for shipping Mousset out now.

That’s an interesting take regarding Wilder and one I wonder about myself. Good managers don’t necessarily have a habit of calling out all players, but they will do if they think it will get the best out of them and I will help the team. Maybe with Moose, Wilder knows that there’s something not right where he won’t respond to that kind of criticism and takes a gentler approach in the hope that we can eventually get a few good games out of him as opposed to him going awal. Either way, whatever the approach is at the moment, it’s not working.

Yes that's also a possibility, but then if Wilder thought a problem existed that a soft approach or an encouraging approach would solve, surely he would have decided by now that it doesn't work and the problem still exists.
I really just think there has been a decision by a chunk of the fan base that he has x,y,z attitude problems and it has become stated so often it has become de facto reality. I don't see Wilder having that same opinion, though with both player and manager we are all only looking in from the outside. It's the same with Lundstram, there's a "he doesn't give a shit", "doesn't want to be here", "doesn't want to play" closed argument "FACT" opinion on him from a lot of fans. Wilder obviously doesn't think the same or he wouldn't be picking him.
Wilder sees these players presumably on an almost daily basis, as long as he's picking them or defending them / talking them up, I can't get on board with these fans' views on either of them.

The impression I get is that Mousset has the brains of a Rocking Horse.

But CW will know a lot more about things and will (one would hope) act accordingly.

The impression I get is that Mousset has the brains of a Rocking Horse.

But CW will know a lot more about things and will (one would hope) act accordingly.
Pre-requisite for a footballer, isn't it?

One thing I will add, maybe more food for thought, maybe people will completely disagree, but Mousset is the kind of footballer a lot of people keep saying we need to be looking for. We should be out scouring Europe for pacey, skilful, flair, continental types and not stubbornly buying down-to-earth solid British types. He's the difficult-to-handle, emotional, prima donna player who can add a moment of magic to a game, except he's the one you get at our budget level.
If we want that kind of player, we will have to put up with a fair few things from these sort of players that seem to really annoy some fans (and I imagine the manager). Overall I'm happy with a team built on down-to-earth types with a sprinkle of flair players. I think some people want to eat their cake and have it with some players*.

* just finished watching Unabomber.

Pre-requisite for a footballer, isn't it?

One thing I will add, maybe more food for thought, maybe people will completely disagree, but Mousset is the kind of footballer a lot of people keep saying we need to be looking for. We should be out scouring Europe for pacey, skilful, flair, continental types and not stubbornly buying down-to-earth solid British types. He's the difficult-to-handle, emotional, prima donna player who can add a moment of magic to a game, except he's the one you get at our budget level.
If we want that kind of player, we will have to put up with a fair few things from these sort of players that seem to really annoy some fans (and I imagine the manager). Overall I'm happy with a team built on down-to-earth types with a sprinkle of flair players. I think some people want to eat their cake and have it with some players*.

* just finished watching Unabomber.

There's plenty of truth there.

As football fans we have a fairly fickle nature. If he had produced, what he eats and how he drives becomes a bit less of an issue.

A real shame - he has all the potential in the world but. as was the case at Bournemouth, he simply isn't fulfilling it.

I'm repeating what others have previously in that there remain serious questions over his fitness and consistency - I can't comment on his attitude although it tends to be explicitly linked to his fitness, consistency and overall performance.

Where I am is that I feel he's been given more than enough opportunities to prove himself, which he simply hasn't done. Yes, it was worth taking the risk - in Q4 2019 it looked as though he was going to become a world beater but unfortunately since then he's disappointed. I can't see him returning to that form anytime soon and therefore I think Utd should take a hit and move him on if they can find a willing taker.

I don't think its entirely an application thing with Mousset, I genuinely think his body cant hack it to perform regularly at any level. Pretty sure last season was the second most minutes he has ever played in a season with in his career. ⚔️

I think when you’ve had as poor a season as we have, emotional responses like that are pretty standard.

At least they’re one up from silly name changes like “McShitty”. :)
Lunwank? 🤷‍♂️ It doesn’t even work on any level.

The scary thing is that in the 5 years since he left France he's started just 21 league games, actually finished just a small franction of those, and manages to drive (poorly) a Lamborghini.

If anyone wants to give us £5 million, I'll drive him there (It's not like he can drive himself).

The last time we had a player that almost single handedly fucked Newton Heath up on his own? The last time we had a player that could cushion a cross hit with pace with the outside of his boot for Lunny v Burnley? But more to the point. The last player we ha that could score the goal he scored away to Wolves?

The last time we had a player that almost single handedly fucked Newton Heath up on his own? The last time we had a player that could cushion a cross hit with pace with the outside of his boot for Lunny v Burnley? But more to the point. The last player we ha that could score the goal he scored away to Wolves?
Agree, but how the fucking hell do we get him fit, keep him fit, and then get him to play 90mins, he's not exactly an old man, and that's beside his off the field antics.

Fuck off McEspaniashitty failblade Back-Spain-Pass GETTHEFUCKOUTOFMYCLUB oink oink I smell pork 🐷🐷🐷💩
I did - to Spain where it is 20 deg' and sunny today :p:p

Except that the Spanish Government is shit and we might get our Covid jabs by 2025 :confused:

I do agree with all this but it must be over a year now since he had a good game?
How long do we persist with the hope that he will come good again?

I hope he stays,maybe just to score the winner in the FA Cup Final.

I would sooner watch Moose for 30 mins in a game than Brewster for 90 mins, i know which would carry the biggest goal threat.

Lunwank? 🤷‍♂️ It doesn’t even work on any level.
Damn, I forgot Lunwank.
I did - to Spain where it is 20 deg' and sunny today :p:p

Except that the Spanish Government is shit and we might get our Covid jabs by 2025 :confused:
And for posting that whilst It's minus bleedin 8 here you get a belated Espanwank thrown in. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom