Mourinio Sacked

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

She's great, our Alex.
Great defender for Arsenal and England, now an excellent pundit.
She really isn’t excellent. The new wave of female shoe-ins on Sky has been royally botched. Alex Scott sounds like I did as an excited child seeing my first few games. Sue Smith is an improvement on a few pundits. The lady who has appeared on Gillette Soccer Saturday a few times in the studio and continuously gets names and scores wrong is surely on there for comedy value.
I get the feeling so many stick up for Alex Scott because she’s a mixed-race woman. That or everyone has been desensitised by the tripe Jamie Redknapp, Ruud Gullit, Alan Shearer spout that she sounds like she knows what she’s saying. Undoubtedly she’s under difficulty to make a positive impact. But on the whole I can’t stand at least half of the “experts” on Sky and the BBC especially. BT seem to be somewhat improving things slightly but it’s still not great.

Who said anything about dropping De Gea for Hendo? Mourinho brought in the likes of Lee Grant as squad keepers. I doubt under Mourinho he'd ever make it into the squad. Perhaps he might have more chance now? I'm sure Hendo is more than interested in what'll happen at the end of the season. Might prevent him committing himself elsewhere.
I think he brought Grant in as a third choice after De Gea and Romero. They don’t have a keeper problem. So why would a temp manager concern himself with youth players for a position where there is no need to strengthen?

What happens next season won’t be decided by OGS, it will be the new manager, whoever that is.

She really isn’t excellent. The new wave of female shoe-ins on Sky has been royally botched. Alex Scott sounds like I did as an excited child seeing my first few games. Sue Smith is an improvement on a few pundits. The lady who has appeared on Gillette Soccer Saturday a few times in the studio and continuously gets names and scores wrong is surely on there for comedy value.
I get the feeling so many stick up for Alex Scott because she’s a mixed-race woman. That or everyone has been desensitised by the tripe Jamie Redknapp, Ruud Gullit, Alan Shearer spout that she sounds like she knows what she’s saying. Undoubtedly she’s under difficulty to make a positive impact. But on the whole I can’t stand at least half of the “experts” on Sky and the BBC especially. BT seem to be somewhat improving things slightly but it’s still not great.
I think it’s a bit simpler than that. Posters stick up for her because they’d like to smash her back doors in. Would you rather see Claridge on there talking shit? It’s not like the quality of punditry on Sky is great most of the time, as you say, so why not have a pundit that’s easy on the eye as well as ticking the ‘appeal to female viewers’ box? IMO the best two female pundits (excluding journalists) are Rachel Brown-Finnis and Karen Carney. Sue Smith is OK and has improved over time.

I think it’s a bit simpler than that. Posters stick up for her because they’d like to smash her back doors in. Would you rather see Claridge on there talking shit? It’s not like the quality of punditry on Sky is great most of the time, as you say, so why not have a pundit that’s easy on the eye as well as ticking the ‘appeal to female viewers’ box? IMO the best two female pundits (excluding journalists) are Rachel Brown-Finnis and Karen Carney. Sue Smith is OK and has improved over time.

She certainly ticks the fit box :D

But some would prefer Claridge and his sidekick, Maneesh.

keep telling yourself that

I'm don't think he deserves any abuse for the Mourinho shit either way.

In the social media wild west, if one person can shoot from the hip, so can everyone else under the guise of 'bants'. It'll be on a Paddy Power advert soon.

I'm don't think he deserves any abuse for the Mourinho shit either way.

In the social media wild west, if one person can shoot from the hip, so can everyone else under the guise of 'bants'. It'll be on a Paddy Power advert soon.

I hear you mate. Bants has a lot to answer for, but for me, its still very unprofessional for him to do it.

Then there's the legendary Alex Scott.

"Man City just really want to win the title this season..."

Wow, just wow. Give her more money. Put her on the front row between Kane and Southgate at SPOTY. Add her to the new year's honours list. She's even a bit black... A true national treasure. A dame in waiting.
Talks out of her arse, but I would and twice on Sundays.

Yep looks like Ferguson knew a long time ago Pogba was a bad apple hence bombing him out
I heard Simon Jordan on TS saying that Pogba was repeatedly having a pop at Mourinho, literally telling him to fuck off etc. I got the impression that after he fell out with Woodward over transfers and spending the hierarchy hung him out to dry, let the players take the piss and didn’t back him.

He’s too arrogant to manage upwards though, he needs to be at a club where everyone does what he says, even the chairman.

Yep looks like Ferguson knew a long time ago Pogba was a bad apple hence bombing him out
A quality talent though, who if managed correctly would fit into a world 11 and is clearly your most talented player. Add to that your employer paid a fortune to bring back, and you're tied into an expensive contract.
As a manager, you get the best out of the talent available to you and you can't manage them all the same. Just being dictatorial and making demands will only work to a certain level.
You need to able to adapt and manage individuals as well as the collective.

A quality talent though, who if managed correctly would fit into a world 11 and is clearly your most talented player. Add to that your employer paid a fortune to bring back, and you're tied into an expensive contract.
As a manager, you get the best out of the talent available to you and you can't manage them all the same. Just being dictatorial and making demands will only work to a certain level.

Let's be honest, wherever Mourinho has gone, he seems to lose the dressing room in his second season. Can't be coincidental and judging by his media work, I presume it's more down to his arrogant and stubborn personality more anything else.

Pogba is the best midfielder in the world IMO
and he’s showing it now for Man U

Back
Top Bottom