Mo Besic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What’s going on with Besic? I missed this kid last night and he wasn’t even in the squad.
Weird that he’s brought in for some of our toughest games over the festive period and tops it off with an FA Cup screamer...now, doesn’t even get a look in in the next round.
A shame because he’s proven himself capable (even when coming in without much first team action) and I think he has the playing style and personality to be a potential cult figure at the club

I don't think Lundstram has done enough on the pitch to displace him, maybe different in training but Besic was great for us in the league when called upon since Arsenal.

I like Lundstram, not a hater, but his form has only half recovered.

The only thing I can think of is that we've no intention of buying him and Wilder is choosing to work with what he'll have next season.

Summats happened,when Mo saw Berge arrive and Lundstram take the bench seat ahead of him when he had been playing really well.........must have pissed him off and he might have let his Bosnian temper get the better of him.

I like Mo.

He's just way down the pecking order at the moment. He isn't displacing Fleck or Norwood so only role he has a shout for is RCM where we have either Lundstram who has, in the main, had a very good season and has been integral to our success or the kid we've just paid £22m for.

Wilder wouldn't have left out Freeman to accommodate him as a midfield of Lundstram, Berge and Besic is going to create precious little.

I like him but he's not our player and we have better options on the books. Barring a few suspensions or injuries we won't see him much, if at all, in a red and white shirt again.

I would like to sign him, but I guess that Wilder isn't planning to do this, so why play someone with no future at the club when we have other options.

He's just way down the pecking order at the moment.

It really is that simple, coupled with Wilder likely wanting to involve loan players he may want to keep next season (who as it is have barely had any time so far). It’s not particularly a big mystery – Kieron Freeman was very good at Millwall last round and it was hardly surprising that he wasn’t involved last night either.

i agree with OP , at this time Berge isnt ready and Besic should be vying for the shirt with Lunny

not slating Berge at all as really believe we wont see much from this this season and he is def one for next season onwards as needs to get up to speed which will take a while

Imo it is such a shame Freeman is so left footed as would love to see him , fleck and Norwood together but cant see CW doing this unless Freeman plays the 10 role which could work and could def be an option from the bench

Freeman was by far our best midfielder last night with Berge and Lunny a bit disappointing so i def think Besic could offer something still but as said mo may have had a bit of a strop and we dont see what goes on behind close doors- and with Cw building for the future he may not see mo as a long term option ( esp with his wages which i guess will be high )

I don't think Lundstram has done enough on the pitch to displace him, maybe different in training but Besic was great for us in the league when called upon since Arsenal.

I like Lundstram, not a hater, but his form has only half recovered.

The only thing I can think of is that we've no intention of buying him and Wilder is choosing to work with what he'll have next season.
Lundstram has been wank apart from that palace game. He was shit against Bournemouth, just scored.

Mo should be on the bench in his place. He was embarrassing last night.

Lundstram has been wank apart from that palace game. He was shit against Bournemouth, just scored.

Mo should be on the bench in his place. He was embarrassing last night.

Can't really disagree.

I honestly thought we'd sign him in January, assuming the price was right. Disappointed to see him apparently frozen out having just put a run of good form together.

Besic must surely be injured. Couldn't believe there wasn't a midfielder on the bench last night. Berge needed replacing early in the second half doesn't look fit at all.

It really is that simple, coupled with Wilder likely wanting to involve loan players he may want to keep next season (who as it is have barely had any time so far). It’s not particularly a big mystery – Kieron Freeman was very good at Millwall last round and it was hardly surprising that he wasn’t involved last night either.

I think what most people don't realise is players are generally quite realistic about where they sit in the scheme of things. I doubt Wilder tempted Besic to the Lane with the promise of regular football. He's also not going to be knocking on his door while we are sat 8th in the Prem and into the FA Cup Quarter finals. Whatever happens he still gets paid every month.

He was signed last minute to add some bite to our midfield options when we thought we were going to be getting overrun in midfield on a regular basis. That hasn't happened, Lundstram has exceeded all expectations and at the moment Besic finds himself surplus to requirements, albeit a good option to have in reserve. If he wasn't happy with this he could have moved elsewhere in January.

Didn't he sign a new three year deal with Everton in Jan.
Since then not realy been seen

I think Besic looked very good vs. Arsenal (off bench) , Millwall and Citeh. I would be very pissed off if I was him because like Luke Freeman, he has hardly put a foot wrong in the limited and sporadic minutes he's been given on the pitch.

I can only guess it is a favouritism thing. Wilder clearly prefers Lunny or Berge ahead of Besic or Freeman to make up the midfield with Norwood and Fleck. I would prefer Besic and Freeman at the moment.

Think he very unlucky not to be involved & would definitely have done a better job in the holding midfield role last night . Strange that he can’t even make the squad after good performances in Dec & Jan . Really rate Besic and for me is the natural challenger for Norwood’s position

puts tin hat on
I'd have Mo start over Lunny then have Lunny as a bit more of an impact sub such as the Bournemouth match, gives us more going forward if we need it
That’s not a tin hat post. He’s played in that position before for us and Lunny has had an impact off the bench for us. People can disagree but it’s not a daft suggestion.

Is there a chance that Besic has spelt out his demands should we choose to keep him, and Wilder thought “fuck that, I’ll learn to work with what I’ve got” ?

Is there a chance that Besic has spelt out his demands should we choose to keep him, and Wilder thought “fuck that, I’ll learn to work with what I’ve got” ?
More likely nearer the mark.
I think we can trust the manager has the situation in hand (I mean, he's done ok so far handling stuff hasn't he!)

I think Besic looked very good vs. Arsenal (off bench) , Millwall and Citeh. I would be very pissed off if I was him because like Luke Freeman, he has hardly put a foot wrong in the limited and sporadic minutes he's been given on the pitch.

I can only guess it is a favouritism thing. Wilder clearly prefers Lunny or Berge ahead of Besic or Freeman to make up the midfield with Norwood and Fleck. I would prefer Besic and Freeman at the moment.
For the last three and a half seasons Wilder has made it very clear, in both his words and his actions, that he likes to play left footed players on the left and right footed players on the right.

So Freeman is not getting into the first team because he plays the same role as FLECK.

If Fleck starts playing like Lunny is at the moment, then Freeman will take his place. He won’t be taking Lunny’s place.

Disagree about us not seeing besic in a united shirt again. Think his style of play is more suitable against the bigger clubs when we have to earn the right to play and put ourselves about more.

Can see him starting at Old Trafford for example, and potentially Leicester and at home to spurs/Chelsea/wolves. Probably not all of those but at least one and maybe on the bench for the others to come on if we're defending a lead. Rather him on in that situation than lunny or Freeman

He's a good player that we simply haven't needed. Had we had a midfield injury then everything I've seen of Besic makes me think he would've been great cover. Had Lundstram not shattered expectations then Besic would've been in the side for a run of games. Had we not been in such a good position in January then we wouldn't have brought in Berge permanently, and Besic might've taken over when Lundstram's been rested.

Even though he's probably better than Berge right now, Berge needs game time to get up to speed and Besic won't be here in eleven games time.

I do feel for Mo. Seems like the type of full-blooded midfielder that we would've taken to. Sometimes circumstance goes against a player.

Lunny was absolutely shagged at the final whistle last night. Serious recovery needed for all, but why not show our strength in depth and start Besic on Saturday?

I agree in saying Lundstrum hasn't been quite the player we've seen at times and I don't see how playing 120 minutes midweek is going to improve him for this weekend's game.

Plus he might kick the fuck out of a Nowrich player, which is always nice to see.

For the last three and a half seasons Wilder has made it very clear, in both his words and his actions, that he likes to play left footed players on the left and right footed players on the right.

So Freeman is not getting into the first team because he plays the same role as FLECK.

If Fleck starts playing like Lunny is at the moment, then Freeman will take his place. He won’t be taking Lunny’s place.

Yes yes, but what about ditching the formation we played all pre-season and all season, which has us on the brink of a European spot, and playing Freeman in the Duffy role? Time to “release the shackles”?

Yes yes, but what about ditching the formation we played all pre-season and all season, which has us on the brink of a European spot, and playing Freeman in the Duffy role? Time to “release the shackles”?
Good point. We know it won’t be detrimental to our defence in any way so we should fucking go for it.

That’s not a tin hat post. He’s played in that position before for us and Lunny has had an impact off the bench for us. People can disagree but it’s not a daft suggestion.

The only daft thing about it is we haven't paid £22m for a chap to be third choice in that role!! Whether you're technically right or not, simple economics dictate that Berge will play most games... Same way McBurnie will be given more chances than Moose or Robinson...

Personally I think Freeman deserves to start there over Lunny and Berge which would demote Basic further down the list but again, it's not going to happen.

The only daft thing about it is we haven't paid £22m for a chap to be third choice in that role!! Whether you're technically right or not, simple economics dictate that Berge will play most games... Same way McBurnie will be given more chances than Moose or Robinson...

Personally I think Freeman deserves to start there over Lunny and Berge which would demote Basic further down the list but again, it's not going to happen.
Freeman plays on the left so it’s not that likely Wilder is going to play him on the right.

Berge is obviously going to be the main man for the foreseeable future but he’s just played 100 minutes and we can see he’s not up to speed yet. It’s not unfeasible that Wilder rests him for the Norwich game. But yeah, if I had to put money on it, I’d probably go for Berge, if the fitness blokes say he’s OK.

Back
Top Bottom