Missed Seeing a Goal?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I went to Huddersfield away in league one, got in around 10 minutes late... I didn’t realise we won 1-0 until I got home and checked the scores (couldn’t see the scoreboard and had no signal in the ground)... wondered why everyone was so happy.
Same here, although we actually found out we were winning just before half time.

Arrived slightly late (only a couple of minutes) for the kick off Blades v Boro season 2017/18. Didn't want to disturb the row of people to get to my seat whilst play was going on. So said to steward jokingly I won't sit down until we score. 10 seconds later Lee Evans smacked one in the top corner at the BL end. Great goal. What perfect timing! I said to steward OK I'll sit down now and went to my seat.

I arrived late to a game in the early 2000s, as I'd come straight from work. It was about five minutes in, and we conceded almost as soon as I'd sat down. Although I saw the goal, it suddenly dawned on me that I had no idea who we were playing against (I mustn't have been able to see the screen from where I was sat, and I didn't dare ask the people next to me). We equalised soon afterwards, but it took me about 25 minutes to figure out who the opposition were so I found it very hard to gauge whether 1-1 was an OK scoreline or not. It turned out to be Fulham, who were top of the league, I think.

They were, and ended up champions by a mile I think. In fact I’ve just checked, they got 101 points.

Nov 2000 it was - I’m not totally sure we touched the ball until they scored, they just knocked it around for ages and eventually played it to Finnan to finish. D’Jaffo equalised for us.

Pretty sure I’ve only ever missed one goal, and that was QPR away in 05/06 - we were 2-0 down, playing like utter shite and I saw a chance to catch an earlier train. Kabba scored just as I left the ground. Other than that my bladder has been strong enough to avoid toilet breaks while the match is going on ;)

Among many through various reasons the last one I missed was our first goal away at Hull. Some titwankery ticket system to get in of which the steward outside couldn’t even override - anybody would have thought not many away fans would go to this game

Rochdale away in the L1 promotion season. Blades winning 2-0 at half time (two worldies by the way). Late in the interval decided I really needed a piss and got stuck in the queue. No problem though. I emerged back in to the stand just as Blades were kicking off. Brilliant...not missed anything! Was puzzled why scoreboard was showing 1-2. Spent a good 20 mins thinking the scoreboard was wrong, until some kindly Blade corrected me. Rochdale HAD scored and I was witnessing the restart from that. Their bloody fans might have made some noise for the goal, but no. Another in an increasing list of senior moments for me.

Swindon away in playoffs, think I've left about two games early in my life time but was thoroughly fed up. Already in the Indian by the time we scored our last two.

that Swindon game was a nightmare, it was hokey cokey for me, i was in out in out because started watching on sky then 3-0 (5-1). i was so down i went outside played with my niece in garden listening to RS. then back 3-2 (5-3) watched 2nd half. 4-2 (6-3) went back to the garden. came back for final 10 mins

It's an absolute crime that he's never been given a single honour when you consider all the other clowns who haven't done a fraction of what he did, being handed out knighthoods and awards.
Sir Dave Richards anyone?

I'd like to think that Greavsie - or anybody with any spirit - would tell them to stick any knighthoods or similar 'awards' as they only go to subservient, crawling lickspittles.

And Jimmy Savile.

Missed Woody's first two goals of his 4 against Ipswich in 1971 ( 7-0) as my Dad's increasingly promising ITV Seven took priority. It bombed.

We were on speaking terms again after a month or so.

Missed Woody's first two goals of his 4 against Ipswich in 1971 ( 7-0) as my Dad's increasingly promising ITV Seven took priority. It bombed.

We were on speaking terms again after a month or so.
My dad was a big racing fan too and I often have to wait for the 2.30 race on tv to finish before we set off for the match and we would be a few minutes late at the Lane (he usually parked his car at Asline Road).

Never liked racing.

Coming from Grenoside the buses were only every hour or so .... the writing was on the wall when we pulled in to Bridge Street at 2.55 !

I missed Lee Evans. goal of the season v Boro in 2018 due to Champions League traffic chaos around Manchester!

Back
Top Bottom