Missed opportunity

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pedro's Winger

Reaction score
Poor to average today. Wilder was right to be critical and games that present opportunities for points aren't going to come along every week.
Hopefully we've learnt a hard lesson.
Only seen the home games but for the first time thought we obviously missed Duffy or someone similar to take control and relax in possession.

tenor.gif

Missed Duffy? We made plenty of chances, were better than them second half. We missed Sharp and McBurnie and they came on and we were great.

If we're just going to pull out players that don't play for us that we missed every time we lose, I think we really missed Kyle Walker and 1993 Brian Deane.

Poor show from the club letting the former go and the latter age.

Absolute WUM

Poor to average today. Wilder was right to be critical and games that present opportunities for points aren't going to come along every week.
Only seen the home games but for the first time thought we obviously missed Duffy or someone similar to take control and relax in possession.

Yep with Duffy we'd have pissed that game.

Yep with Duffy we'd have pissed that game.

Doubt we would have pissed the game but the lack of control and conviction in possession was obvious.
Inability to keep the ball, that lack of calm stood out. Doesn't have to be Duffy (and I think Freeman is a good player) but someone in that mould.

We were equal to them and lost to a worldy, and we were battering them, old school, in the final fifteen minutes.

We won't win every game in the Premier League, but we are there on merit.

Let's never forget that we are the best team, not only in Sheffield, or South Yorkshire, but the whole of Yorkshire.

It's not easy being the best, but we are doing a decent job.

Doubt we would have pissed the game but the lack of control and conviction in possession was obvious.
Inability to keep the ball, that lack of calm stood out. Doesn't have to be Duffy (and I think Freeman is a good player) but someone in that mould.

Sorry mate, my reply was in the category of the lowest form of wit.

Duffy wouldn't have made fuck all difference IMO.

This is why drugs are bad kids

Sorry mate, my reply was in the category of the lowest form of wit.

Duffy wouldn't have made fuck all difference IMO.

Doesn't have to have been Duffy but to me it was obvious we lacked that clever spark and didn't keep possession well.
Fully understand why Wilder was pissed off, We're going to have to fight to win points and we've given up at least one today.

Doesn't have to have been Duffy but to me it was obvious we lacked that clever spark and didn't keep possession well.
Fully understand why Wilder was pissed off, We're going to have to fight to win points and we've given up at least one today.

My view is take it to the oppo from the kick off. McBurnie starting would have made a big difference today.

My view is take it to the oppo from the kick off. McBurnie starting would have made a big difference today.

He played well when he came on though in reality he was a nuisance to their back line and finished with a great header.
But the point about possession and use of it remains.

View attachment 60332

Missed Duffy? We made plenty of chances, were better than them second half. We missed Sharp and McBurnie and they came on and we were great.

If we're just going to pull out players that don't play for us that we missed every time we lose, I think we really missed Kyle Walker and 1993 Brian Deane.

Poor show from the club letting the former go and the latter age.

Absolute WUM

The OP has a huge chip on his shoulder when it comes to United, look back at his previous posts and you’ll see the same negativity.

He played well when he came on though in reality he was a nuisance to their back line and finished with a great header.
But the point about possession and use of it remains.

Leicester have recently won the prem and have spent millions on fees and wages, we are going to have to suck that up i'm afraid. It's small margains but we didn't do a lot wrong today.

Duffy instead of Ravel would have been desirable today.

Leicester have recently won the prem and have spent millions on fees and wages, we are going to have to suck that up i'm afraid. It's small margains but we didn't do a lot wrong today.
Virtually every team in the league will have spent more on fees and wages than us - same as plenty of teams spent more than us last season.
Doesn't mean we don't recognise missed opportunities. There's a reason why Wilder's pissed off - he sees a point at least gone begging.

Proud we gave them a game and proud of the support today but we can't hide from the fact individually and collectively we weren't quite at it and made more mistakes when not under pressure than for a long time. Similar to the palace game feel like we are not showing what we are really about or
capable of yet. Much more to come from us hopefully.

Duffy has shown before that he’s ineffective when teams are putting every player behind the ball, he’d have made no difference.

Leicester were a lot more attacking than Palace and basically a better team. We have to do more with the ball than we did today and we have to keep possession of it better.

Duffy has gone, there is nobody more gutted about that than I am but theorising about what he might have done is pointless now, we may as well debate about how Brooks would have won us the game.

Sometimes I think people are harsh because they have a blinkered view about you. Posts like this make me think they may well be right.

I don’t think we looked too bad, a few counter attacks from Leicester (too be expected)... but we had our chances, I think freeman looked great driving us up field, but in the early stages I think we lacked a finisher. No disrespect to either of the front two but I’m not confident they’re the answer (great at link up) Too much dilly dallying on the wings at times but when the balls came in they looked dangerous, think at times we could speed it up a bit but at the moment we’re learning and to don’t think we need too worry at the minute.

Duffy has gone, there is nobody more gutted about that than I am but theorising about what he might have done is pointless now, we may as well debate about how Brooks would have won us the game.

Incoming thread in 3...2...1...

Leicester were a lot more attacking than Palace and basically a better team. We have to do more with the ball than we did today and we have to keep possession of it better.

They were more attacking than Palace in general but by the time Morrison came on they had everyone except Vardy behind the ball, I even commented that for around ten straight minutes it was like attack v defence. We kept possession very well during this time (we had 49.4% of the possession throughout the game anyway) but we couldn’t find a way through, something Duffy has previously shown difficulty with also, as I’ve said.

Edit: reading that back I can only assume you’ve not noticed the comment I was replying to

Back
Top Bottom