Midfield options and Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Everyone? Really? You're being a bit presumptive there ? Tha sounds like a "Big Eeaed". Most unbecoming of a Blade, in my humble opinion.

Shall we give Chris your number so he can get some advice when it goes tits up for a few games? ;)
On speed dial 😉.

UTB

All the talk is about strikers which we obviously need but CM does worry me. I'm not sure about Fleck or Lunny in the Prem and at times last season neither looked great in the Championship. We need a Leroy Fer type player, someone with a physical presence that can go box to box.

John Fleck is a premier league player. Don’t forget West Ham offered £8m for him not so long ago. And they’re a steady midfield team...

LEROY FER!! Come on Chrissy, you know it makes sense.
reckon he’ll go feyenoord, it’s his boyhood club and he’d be treated as a star player there, potentially captain material, if i was him it’d be a no brainer i won’t lie.

John Fleck is a premier league player. Don’t forget West Ham offered £8m for him not so long ago. And they’re a steady midfield team...

He might be. We’ll see. If he is, it’s nothing to do with what West Ham or anybody else offered (it was nowhere near £8m. We would rightly have snatched their hands off...). West Ham are not faultless in the transfer market. It’s false logic.

Personally I don’t expect him to be an automatic choice, neither should he be, unless we’re still on with the ‘deserving’ bollocks.

He might be. We’ll see. If he is, it’s nothing to do with what West Ham or anybody else offered (it was nowhere near £8m. We would rightly have snatched their hands off...). West Ham are not faultless in the transfer market. It’s false logic.

Personally I don’t expect him to be an automatic choice, neither should he be, unless we’re still on with the ‘deserving’ bollocks.

He’s not a 100% starter at this point, I think we know that. But likewise I wouldn’t write him off as not premier league quality.

Moore most definitely isn't.
And that's the most important position on the team
By a country mile.

The only big man we need is the CB who goes up top for the last 5mins. The PL focus on possession, technique and energy - lumping it up front to a big man means 50% of the time possession is lost and the midfield skills are bypassed. Our style pivots on Norwood switching the attack and then we overload that area, Didsy works as his intelligent flicks allow the pivot to reverse for the WB/CB to attack the space.
The signings hopefully are the finishers we need to take more advantage of the chances created but we also need protection of the pivot, Fleck does it at present but a "Kante" type enforcer would be a good upgrade. Lunny might do it if he continues his progress and studies what that role means for the team- but PL experience is crucial for that role - Jags as a DM if his Legs hold out maybe a temporary solution.
Great observations :cool:

Really loving Robinson so far. Bags of energy, enthusiasm, it's infectious - seems like a great character to have around the place. What's more, he's always showing for the ball.

In terms of quality, in Freeman, Norwood etc we have some excellent options now, but in terms of consistency, any midfield has their work cut out to provide the PL equivalent and consistency of Duffy, Fleck and Coutts. I'd certainly like to keep Duff around, personally. I'd also like to us to add anothrr CM for depth, I don't mean to scapegoat but it's a big ask to rely on Lunny. I'd want someone in there with a bit more proven quality.

Really loving Robinson so far. Bags of energy, enthusiasm, it's infectious - seems like a great character to have around the place. What's more, he's always showing for the ball.

In terms of quality, in Freeman, Norwood etc we have some excellent options now, but in terms of consistency, any midfield has their work cut out to provide the PL equivalent and consistency of Duffy, Fleck and Coutts. I'd certainly like to keep Duff around, personally. I'd also like to us to add anothrr CM for depth, I don't mean to scapegoat but it's a big ask to rely on Lunny. I'd want someone in there with a bit more proven quality.
Agree with all that, possibly with the exception of Duffy.

It might be fairer and more accurate to judge them after seeing them play? Fleck looked fitter and sharper yesterday,as do they all and Lunny despite getting away with a couple of overzealous challenges,earned a hearty round of applause post substitution as a result of a good performance against a fairly tenacious albeit Championship midfield .
Let's wait and see. ;)

Back
Top Bottom