Michael Vaughan and Chris Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blademark

Reaction score

It is a great article. I don't see their friendship as unlikely though. I suspect that when you have worked and scrapped as hard as these 2 have to get where they are (or were) then football afiliation becomes a bit secondary. Sure you'll play it up a bit for the media but the overriding emotion is one of respect for a fellow sportsman.

It won’t be long till Vaughan is after the free tickets. Twat!
Vaughan's got enough loyalty points for an away ticket at Spurs. Pigs fan my arse.

It won’t be long till Vaughan is after the free tickets. Twat!

He had a box last time we were in the Prem. Probably got a few loyalty points in the bag for that alone and exceeds some of the hard done by ones on here!

For all the reasons there are to dislike Michael Vaughan, including the grating rent-a-cricket-controversy-persona he has tried hard to cultivate in the media, I give you, in mitigation .... the summer of 2005.

And for that I, personally, will forgive just about anything.

There. I said it.

For all the reasons there are to dislike Michael Vaughan, including the grating rent-a-cricket-controversy-persona he has tried hard to cultivate in the media, I give you, in mitigation .... the summer of 2005.

There. I said it.

Vaughan is a nobber. This is a statement of fact. He’s also the archetypal know-nowt porky bore. Again, fact.

But yup, he’s the pignob who delivered the greatest sporting summer of my lifetime. So errr... yeah. 🤔

There. I said it.
...and for twatting McGrath through the covers several times on his first ashes tour. Despite his amiable appearances on tms this summer McGrath is still a fucking bell end.
Vaughan - His 2005 stock gets lower by the year though.

Can’t be bothered signing up so could only read the top part. It says they went to the same school, not sure that is true?

I was thinking I never heard them mention him, but at the time I was there he would have been a non league manager and it would have been rather odd if they did give him a mention.

A quote from the great man himself.....................

".......the choice of schools were basically Ashleigh and Hurlfield for where we lived. Mum and Dad had a sports shop at Arbourthorne by now and Dad used to play football for the Feathers on Prince of Wales Road with the careers master at Silverdale, I think he must have thought the school football team was a bit light, because he got me in there, I mean, Ashleigh had Tony Daws and John Beresford amongst others."

tbf Michael Vaughan is never going to be the flavour of the month with us Blades but I met him briefly at the Matt Roney testimonial at Sheffield FC last year and he knew he was going to get grief for coming on for a few minutes but his view was that it was in a great cause and he was happy to do so. My estimation of him went up a lot that evening.

Oh, bloody hell, the Feathers......still got the scars 😖

One of them was a teacher? Careers Master?
I can't recall anyone without several facial scars.

Playing against them once l accidentally kicked their centre half full in the balls following through after a shot. He went down like cheap Lino. Luckily his teammates realised it was accidental although well known Blade Mitchell, who l knew, came over to me and said "if he gets up start fucking running".

He didn't he went off and we were promoted so never played against them again.

Chris left Silverdale at 14 (end of third year) to go to Southampton apprenticeship after offers from Barnsley, pigs and us. He declined em all. Soton don’t forget, had Keegan and McMenemy there at that time. Another apprentice in same year was Shearer..

Vaughan came along a lot later and ain’t fit to lace Chris’ boots. It seems no one has much of a kind word to say about him, both then and now, and as a pig and a big head ( to be polite) I’m not really sure why we entertain him here??

Fuck off pig no matter who you’re mates are...

For the record, I was the year above Vaughan at Silverdale. I bowled him out once in the nets.

I also bowler out Matt Murray and Chris Spencer. They were the 3 wickets I took in 3 years of playing cricket. I was shit.

20 plus years ago I had mutual friends with Vaughan and occasionally was on nights out with him and others.

He seemed sound then but whilst I've spent no time whatsoever in his company since, he seems a different character. Can't decide if it's media facade or he's changed since reaching his career heights.

Back
Top Bottom