Michael Tonge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tonge at one point looked like he was going to play top 4 football. His dribbling ability early in his career was sensational. Then, all of a sudden, it wasn't. Almost overnight he became a solid, slightly dull Championship player.

Definitely should always be remembered fondly by United fans though 👍
He went shit after Michael Brown left. I saw him once in a pub in Astley (where I used to do a pub quiz) in 2002. I got the impression he was hoping someone would recognise him. I did, but didn't say anything.

I remember the first I saw him he came on as sub. Just a young lad from academy. Cant recall the game but he immediately looked the part and I thought we have a player here. As others said had great season in 2003 "the nearly season" playing with Brown and McCall. Will never forget his 2 goals v Liverpool at home in the League Cup Semi where we win 2-1 having been 1-0 down.

He went shit after Michael Brown left. I saw him once in a pub in Astley (where I used to do a pub quiz) in 2002. I got the impression he was hoping someone would recognise him. I did, but didn't say anything.
It was harder for him after Brown left as the opposition knew there was only one player worth marking, so they marked him out of the game.

Back
Top Bottom