Player Suggestion Michael kightly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The question of wages reared it's head once again. Without wishing to know individual pay-scales, there seems to be a view that we pay on the low side, which may well be correct.....but we seem to have confronted this recently and improved the amounts we pay players, and presumably staff. Bringing McBurnie in would, I'd have thought, come with a fairly decent salary attached? Recently much was made about the hike in wages due to achieving promotion, my curiosity is based purely on where we might stand regarding wages and how equipped we are to compete with other clubs?

Wasnt he with Billy at scunny when they both made a name for themselves.
Billy still going strong Knightly reliant on pace which he obviously has lost.
Goes to show football not all about pace Billy has never had it but his record is fantastic.
Over the years plenty of premiership clubs will have cast an eye his way but were probably put off by his lack of pace.Nakes you wonder what he could have achieved given the chance.
Soton the nearest he's been but they didn't really give him a chance when they reached premiership.
Andy Keogh

Still playing in Australia I believe

The question of wages reared it's head once again. Without wishing to know individual pay-scales, there seems to be a view that we pay on the low side, which may well be correct.....but we seem to have confronted this recently and improved the amounts we pay players, and presumably staff. Bringing McBurnie in would, I'd have thought, come with a fairly decent salary attached? Recently much was made about the hike in wages due to achieving promotion, my curiosity is based purely on where we might stand regarding wages and how equipped we are to compete with other clubs?
Bringing in players from championship with it all to prove ! Means we will be at the bottom end of premiership wage scale .
That's the right way to do it these players will sniff what they can earn if they make it,
keeps them hungry for more which is just what we want .
Fleck , O'connell and others have come from division 1 with us it's the hunger that drives em on Wilder knows this and brings out the best in them.
Let's hope the latest recruits do the business .
Exciting times ahead if they do .

Bringing in players from championship with it all to prove ! Means we will be at the bottom end of premiership wage scale .
That's the right way to do it these players will sniff what they can earn if they make it,
keeps them hungry for more which is just what we want .
Fleck , O'connell and others have come from division 1 with us it's the hunger that drives em on Wilder knows this and brings out the best in them.
Let's hope the latest recruits do the business .
Exciting times ahead if they do .

Cutting your cloth comes to mind, what also comes to mind is the fact that footballers will soon become aware of what can be earned, and should any of our players impress (which so far seems more than a possibility) through their level of performance, they'll soon begin to enquire about improved levels of payment. As we've seen, Wilder won't tolerate players or their agents attempting to muscle their way through existing agreements, but when contracts are at that point where they need to be renegotiated, well that's the moment when our 'lowly' pay scale will change with more favourable rewards for players. I'm not griping, it's a fact of Premier Division life, but I'd suggest that the idea of the £10K per week player at United has already become a thing of the past.

Back
Top Bottom