Player Suggestion Michael kightly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wages would be an issue I suspect. Burnley might be one of the lowest spenders but I imagine most of their senior players will be on around 20k pw.

I would imagine our top earners are on about 10. I could be way off the mark though so happy to be corrected.

They have also released Joey Barton.. would almost be worth it to see Pitsmoor Pigs twitter melt down.

They have also released Joey Barton.. would almost be worth it to see Pitsmoor Pigs twitter melt down.

We'd have to wait 18 months for him to finish his ban. Even Pitsmoor PIG might not go crazy with that one

It's a no from me Bob, a player firmly on the way down in his career and has been for a few years

I wanted him when he was at Hereford in the Conference. So yeah, beat that.

Now, not so sure. Still has something to offer and did well at Burton but I'd prefer someone younger, ideally black and from Rochdale.

I wanted him when he was at Hereford in the Conference. So yeah, beat that.

Now, not so sure. Still has something to offer and did well at Burton but I'd prefer someone younger, ideally black and from Rochdale.
Grays Athletic.

Yeah, he did well at Burton but we can do better than the Michael Kightly of today.

Lets just forget he's 31 as we know that some pro's still did a great job for us at that age or older. Keith Gillespie springs to mind. Burton fans seem to really rate him so I'd be fine with this, although yes we'd all love a Otzumer type, up and coming but you can get some real value here. Mark Duffy also springs to mind, who of course did well for Burton.

I reckon he could do a job...... ;)

A no from me too. Better options out there for the long term.

This one isn't for me but its daft to be dismissive of signing older players if you can get them on the right contract and they still have the right attitude.

Remember Glen Little's spell with us? The guy must have been mid 30's, and the slowest player on the pitch, but he beat his man every time, his man caught up, and he'd beat the fucker again.

Not sure what this has to do with Michael Kightly, I just thought of him...

Remember Glen Little's spell with us? The guy must have been mid 30's, and the slowest player on the pitch, but he beat his man every time, his man caught up, and he'd beat the fucker again.

Not sure what this has to do with Michael Kightly, I just thought of him...

Glen Little would run into 3 opposition players and still come out with the ball

Wasnt he with Billy at scunny when they both made a name for themselves.
Billy still going strong Knightly reliant on pace which he obviously has lost.
Goes to show football not all about pace Billy has never had it but his record is fantastic.
Over the years plenty of premiership clubs will have cast an eye his way but were probably put off by his lack of pace.Nakes you wonder what he could have achieved given the chance.
Soton the nearest he's been but they didn't really give him a chance when they reached premiership.

Back
Top Bottom