Message from Rooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Great news and "One Mick Rooker" from the Kop on Saturday to get the atmosphere going.

UTB

Hmmm, It'll be ta-ra to Quinny and Monty now then. There's no way we'll be able to afford to keep them AND Rooker on the books...

Seriously, glad to hear this Mick. Nice one mate. :cool:

Very pleased for you Mick. You are one of the most approachable and considerate people I have met and a credit to Sheffield United. It's people like you that make the supporters feel part of the club, and the fact that so many of us have reason to thank you is a testament to all the time and energy you put in to your work.

One Christmas, United were playing at Walsall on Boxing Day. My ticket was in the bowels of the ground and the Ticket Office. No ticket no match. You were the last man out, as Bramall Lane closed for the Christmas period and you had locked up. No problem for you though and you went in and found the ticket for me.

Excellent news.

When I heard the original news last Friday all I could write was "Gutted"

Today with this brilliant turnround, I can only say "Absolutely delighted!"

So is the testimonial still on ??
Rooks all star 11
1 alan kelly
2 callum adamson
3 bruce watson
4 bob booker
5 mark brzezicki
6 gary sinclair
7 gary barlow
8mark owen
9brian deane
10joe elliot
11 tony butler

Great news Mick.

Can you sort my brick out now please LOL

Aw bollocks! Typical United! Moan, moan, moan ... etc.

Nah, only kidding. Great news Rooks. I hope KMcC has understood the value that you have given and will continue to give to United.

UTB

pommpey

I would like to thank everyone who posted a message supporting me over my pending departure from Bramall Lane over the past few days.

I've had a lengthy chat with Kevin McCabe this morning regarding my situation at The Lane.

The resulting conversation is that he wants me to stay at Bramall Lane and to continue "Being Mick Rooker"

So I'm delighted to let you know that you will still see me around and once again, thank you.

Common sense prevails at the Lane. Really pleased for you Mick, keep up the brilliant work.

I'll echo everyone else's sentiments and say how pleased I am that Mick will return to the club. People like Mick don't grow on trees; there's a clear passion for the club, the players and the fans. Try putting that in a job description.

Great news and congratulations Mick. I hope everyone else finds work whether within the club or not very soon.

Finally, I log on this site and I am not looking through my fingers at what I might find

Can I just add my congrats to you, Mick, again only met you a couple of times but I know you are considered by many to be the 'face' of SUFC, and well done to KM who is big enough to accept he got it wrong and big enough to change his mind.

Great news, really glad you're staying. Wouldn't have been happier if we'd signed Messi on a 5 year contract. Well not much happier anyway :)

hi rooks
by you staying at the club does that mean someone else has to leave from your department
or elsewhere to make the savings

If some bugger has to go, let it be the sod that suggested Mick had to go, as he/she clearly doesn't know what United are all about..

Well done Mick.

Back
Top Bottom