McNulty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let’s see mate, he’s only ever produced at League two level. He had a similar record to Lavery in League two and league one. (Apart from last season of course).

For me he won’t cut it in the championship.
His record at League one was decent, never a consistent run in the side, in a shite side and still did ok

He's got decent ability and just needed a run in league 2 to get him started again. He's a finisher.

Will he get goals in the Championship? I think if he gets a decent run out then he's on a par with the likes of La Fondre and will get goals.

Him, his gobby cunt of a dad and his 400-strong entourage of bellends can fall off the face of the earth for all I care.
He's utterly inconsequential to Sheffield United.

Natural finisher with both feet and head. Neat and tidy on the ball, nippy over a few yards and makes clever well timed movements to find space in the box.
Sounds like a proper striker does he not?

The lad always had ability, but perhaps allowed himself to be unprofessional when given a chance by Clough.
Off the ball he was poor, his work rate let him down and was the reason behind the criticism he received. And rightly so.

If he’s finally grown up and figured it out, then he could be a good player, certainly up there with the likes of Sharp, ALF and others who have played the middle levels of the pro game.

Never did me any harm so wish him well. It’s a big move for him, a little risk for Reading given his previous record at this and league one level but I reckon he will get 10-15 for them this season given the service.

Natural finisher with both feet and head. Neat and tidy on the ball, nippy over a few yards and makes clever well timed movements to find space in the box.
Sounds like a proper striker does he not?

The lad always had ability, but perhaps allowed himself to be unprofessional when given a chance by Clough.
Off the ball he was poor, his work rate let him down and was the reason behind the criticism he received. And rightly so.

If he’s finally grown up and figured it out, then he could be a good player, certainly up there with the likes of Sharp, ALF and others who have played the middle levels of the pro game.

There was nowt wrong with his work rate in that cup match vs Southampton where he was on his own up front. The work rate thing is a myth.

Having a manager like Mark Robins would have been great for McNuts as he would have given him the advice and coaching he needed.

McNuts was allus a natural finisher and if he gets the service he will score. Anyone who can't see that is blind, prejudiced or just a bit stupid.

My guess is that he'll get at least a dozen goals if he gets a consistent run in a team that has the ability to create chances.

Should have given him another year.

Seriously beginning to question the gaffers judgement when it comes to strikers.

Don’t get me wrong, overall Wilder has been a revelation.

But his transfer business in the striker department leaves an awful lot to be desired, with significantly more failures than successes.

In Wilder I trust.

UTB

Silly, silly boy in my view. He's just had a great season scoring in League 2 but only established himself with Cov after Christmas, they've just got promoted and the club is on a high for the first time in a while under a decent manager and the natural progression is to go back up to League 1 and test himself there and I think Cov would have had a decent chance at promotion. Now's he gone up two divisions when he never previously established himself at League 1 level to a club that won't be up there this season with a manager who's hardly proven to say the least.

Don't get it and I think he'll regret this move. I wish him well though and I'll keep an eye on him this season.
Silly boy for wanting to test himself at a higher level and earn more money in the process? There’s nothing wrong with being ambitious.

Always wanted him to prove people wrong as he always looked like a natural finisher for me even though his mates/dad/whoever on social media showed him up a fair bit in my opinion.

Fleetwood at home was the last straw for me and obviously wilder aswell!

Should have given him another year.

Seriously beginning to question the gaffers judgement when it comes to strikers.

Don’t get me wrong, overall Wilder has been a revelation.

But his transfer business in the striker department leaves an awful lot to be desired, with significantly more failures than successes.

In Wilder I trust.

UTB

60920367.jpg

Excellent finisher, but lazy and unfit for much of his time at United.The contrast between his all round game in the Southampton Cup game and his other games at United was huge. He has a baby now and that has no doubt focused the mind. He was never going to displace Sharp at the Blades and they have very similar game styles.I'm not sure this is the right move for him: maybe a cracking season at league one level would have been better? At United I think it was a case of right place, wrong time

There was nowt wrong with his work rate in that cup match vs Southampton where he was on his own up front. The work rate thing is a myth

Wasn’t that the main problem though, that when he could be arsed he could actually contribute, but too often when he started especially he just didn’t but in the work?

He frankly had an excellent opportunity when Wilder came in to right all wrongs, and while others like Coutts and Freeman were able to, McNulty was not. He then had a second opportunity when his loan at Bradford was halted, and again didn’t really do it (at a time when with Done still not scoring, Clarke still not fully fit, there was an opening if he could get going).

I don’t think we as a club mishandled him. He had plenty of chances when they were warranted, and didn’t do enough to keep himself in the team, which was why he was rightly moved on.

He was lazy upfront for Portsmouth as well much of the time. Standing around waiting for the ball. That was his problem for us. Attitude and commitment. I believe it was a similar case off the field as well.

If he gets his head down and gives 100% in training and in the pitch, he will be a good Championship striker. He's a natural goalscorer. He just needs to work hard on his all-round game.

He's nothing to us, and why anybody gives a shit about his development is beyond me.
He barely mattered to Sheffield United then and means fuck all to us now.

He's nothing to us, and why anybody gives a shit about his development is beyond me.
He barely mattered to Sheffield United then and means fuck all to us now.

Remember the good old days 3 years ago where there were one or two comments criticising the club for having wasted funds bringing in Sharp when he was no better than what we already had in McNulty?

And it wouldn’t surprise me if they have to pay a little more to get him. Goalscorers cost money & that’s the cost of a 25 yr old forward that has scored 33 in 67 in Divison 2. The figure is at least doubled, if not tripled for the same record in League 1 and then doubled/tripled again for the same in the championship. I hope when we let him go for nowt, that we had some kind of claw back on a subsequent sale. :)

This is what's relevant to us. What you say is true and people should remember this before they start getting giddy over our new £800k signings.

Silly boy for wanting to test himself at a higher level and earn more money in the process? There’s nothing wrong with being ambitious.

I've already said my reasons mate for why I think football wise its a bad move. He was very popular also at Cov and could have got them promoted this season and has swapped that for jumping up two leagues to Reading and I believe it's too big a gamble. Only my opinion obviously but I think it'll prove to be a bad move.

Regret it?

Hiya, Marc, this is beryl from payroll. I heard you had a query for me. No, your payslip is correct. Yes, the extra zero is meant to be there. I know that it used to be be four figures a week at coventry, but it's now five. Yes, Marc, you're getting paid at least that now for the next 3 years. No Marc, i haven't got the phone number of HR Owen to hand. :)

Yes regret it but obviously he won't regret it now because its too early to tell. You're post is all about money and football wise I think he'd be better off staying put. He's really clicked under Robins and I don't rate the Reading manager for starters.

Because if he does well it’s another stick to beat the club with.

I don't think that it's black/white as that. It's a fair critique of our transfer dealings. We've not got a pot to piss in, figuratively speaking, at this level at the moment, and on the face of it we've let a player leave for nowt. A season later he's signed by a rival for £1.5m striker. At the same time as we're desperately in need of reinforcements in that department and haven't got the £'s to bring them in on a permanent deal, coupled with the fact that we'll need to stuff a few players mouth's with gold to get them off the books this summer. I know that MM wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but we've got to make sure we get every penny in as a club otherwise we'll be back in League 1 sooner than we think. Without wishing to inflame the doyens of this board, one good season by Louis R at Peterborough, and they'll be wanting £5m for him. I'm rightly proud of Maguire & Walker, but lets not forget they're £100m of talent that we got £10m for.

Yes regret it but obviously he won't regret it now because its too early to tell. You're post is all about money and football wise I think he'd be better off staying put. He's really clicked under Robins and I don't rate the Reading manager for starters.

The actual 'playing' element of being a football player is over rated and an inconvenience, it's all about the wage, the wedge, getting the audemars piquet on your wrist, getting the vinyl wrap on the vogue.

As Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Sean Combs/Diddy/Puffy/Puff/Love/Brother Love would say, "It's all about the Benjamins" :)

The actual 'playing' element of being a football player is over rated and an inconvenience, it's all about the wage, the wedge, getting the audemars piquet on your wrist, getting the vinyl wrap on the vogue.

As Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Sean Combs/Diddy/Puffy/Puff/Love/Brother Love would say, "It's all about the Benjamins" :)

For many footballers playing is overrated?! That's like saying runners don't like running or swimmers don't like water. If players only play for money then fair enough as long as they give they're all but I would only move to another club if it was the best football wise. We'll have to disagree here on this!

I don't think that it's black/white as that. It's a fair critique of our transfer dealings. We've not got a pot to piss in, figuratively speaking, at this level at the moment, and on the face of it we've let a player leave for nowt. A season later he's signed by a rival for £1.5m striker. At the same time as we're desperately in need of reinforcements in that department and haven't got the £'s to bring them in on a permanent deal, coupled with the fact that we'll need to stuff a few players mouth's with gold to get them off the books this summer. I know that MM wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but we've got to make sure we get every penny in as a club otherwise we'll be back in League 1 sooner than we think. Without wishing to inflame the doyens of this board, one good season by Louis R at Peterborough, and they'll be wanting £5m for him. I'm rightly proud of Maguire & Walker, but lets not forget they're £100m of talent that we got £10m for.
Every club is going to make mistakes in signing and selling/releasing players, that’s football. The fact that we can much less afford to make mistakes than Man City (who released Trippier for example) doesn’t in itself mean we can make fewer mistakes than Man City, to outperform them in recruitment and retainment. I can’t drive from London to Newcastle in an hour. Whether it’s important or not, I just can’t do it.
In the same way, United can’t avoid making mistakes, no matter how important it is that they don’t.

McNulty was fat, lazy, had a bad attitude and couldn’t get into Bradford’s first team on a regular basis. It was perfectly reasonable to not give him another contract. The fact that an erratically run club with a manager who has failed more than he’s succeeded have decided to pay daft money for him doesn’t alter that.

Every club is going to make mistakes in signing and selling/releasing players, that’s football. The fact that we can much less afford to make mistakes than Man City (who released Trippier for example) doesn’t in itself mean we can make fewer mistakes than Man City, to outperform them in recruitment and retainment. I can’t drive from London to Newcastle in an hour. Whether it’s important or not, I just can’t do it.
In the same way, United can’t avoid making mistakes, no matter how important it is that they don’t.

McNulty was fat, lazy, had a bad attitude and couldn’t get into Bradford’s first team on a regular basis. It was perfectly reasonable to not give him another contract. The fact that an erratically run club with a manager who has failed more than he’s succeeded have decided to pay daft money for him doesn’t alter that.

I'll bet you one english pound that McNulty scores more goals than Sharp next season.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/s...-news/mark-robins-fires-parting-shot-14879835

All of this is very familiar isn't it!? Not with Sparky but football in general. Forget that its Coventry City, too many agents are influencing players decisions, as opposed to getting the best deal they can for the player (the job of an agent in my view) to influencing players decisions because for McNulty and for Brooks they would have both being better off staying at their respective clubs football wise, and if anyone thinks that's tosh then Wilder said that about Brooks just last week and for me its the same with McNulty. Too many players want to get as quickly as they can to the highest level they can for the biggest money when actually playing at the level you can excel in and then move is in my view better for a player than taking a risk by moving to a higher level than you've played before for a new manager.

Che Adams was in my view another example. It just disappoints me when you hear of agents involvement but I'm nt naive I know its the weay of the world, not just football, but its a shame and is a cancer in football.

He scored 10 in 13 starts for us, 10 in 19 starts for Pompey, 1 in 5 starts for Bradford, 23 in 40 starts for Sisu and 37 in 79 starts for Livingston. That’s 81 in 156 starts. In total, with sub appearances combined he’s scored 81 goals in 228 games, now no matter what level you’re at that isn’t too shabby is it.

Goalscoring is a knack that only certain people have, like Billy and no matter what a prick McNulty seems to be to some people, I’ve yet to see the evidence for this then he does have the ability to have a real pop at the Championship, let’s hope he wears his jumper round his shoulders when Reading play us. :rolleyes::)

Back
Top Bottom