McNulty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Graft some Carlos Tevez work-ethic DNA into his gonads and you might just unearth a real footballer......

My Dad and I always used to have a running dialogue about McNulty. I was convinced he would score loads of goals for us and was a natural finisher, Dad less so. I'd have loved to see him given a proper chance under Wilder.

He’s scoring goals in League two. I watched both legs for Coventry and the standard of league two defending is truly awful.

We have to remember players like Evans / Lundstram / Holmes / Leonard were excellent in League one.

McNulty is finding his true level and being able to get 20 goals in a league two on a regular basis means he can earn loads of money also.

My Dad and I always used to have a running dialogue about McNulty. I was convinced he would score loads of goals for us and was a natural finisher, Dad less so. I'd have loved to see him given a proper chance under Wilder.
We have something in common. I rated my dad behind McNulty at goalscoring and finishing too. I’d have loved to see my dad given a chance under Wilder.

Apparently Reading have bid £1.5m for him

And it wouldn’t surprise me if they have to pay a little more to get him. Goalscorers cost money & that’s the cost of a 25 yr old forward that has scored 33 in 67 in Divison 2. The figure is at least doubled, if not tripled for the same record in League 1 and then doubled/tripled again for the same in the championship. I hope when we let him go for nowt, that we had some kind of claw back on a subsequent sale. :)

Fairly confident he won't be good enough for the Champ - it is a huge set-up from L2 and given that he looked poor in L1 even though his goal to appearance ratio wasn't bad, I think he'll struggle especially for a side like Reading who despite spending another load may well end up near or actually in the relegation 3 places

GLTTL, but if he sticks to form he will think he's made it again and start the BBB act. Knuckle down kid, take it seriously and see if you can go higher.

Their fans seem to be loving this signing...albeit on twitter!

He’s scoring goals in League two. I watched both legs for Coventry and the standard of league two defending is truly awful.

We have to remember players like Evans / Lundstram / Holmes / Leonard were excellent in League one.

McNulty is finding his true level and being able to get 20 goals in a league two on a regular basis means he can earn loads of money also.

Tell me when he had a good solid run in the side? His career with us was stunted due to his off field actics that some well paid immature men suffer from. I have no doubt he will progress to Championship level as a credible goal scorer once he has grown up. The talent is definatley there.

He's signed officially, don't know how much,McNulty could be anything he wanted to be..It's just his attitude and application he has to sort out,he's certainly got the quality and talent when he wants to use it.

Come on someone must know was there a sell on clause?

Nailed on their top scorer this season just to spite us hahaha. To be fair to McNulty he did look like he could finish at times but lacked that bit of gumption to carry on when things got hard. Can't have helped Clough blaming him for everything, even when he wasn't on the pitch.

Players get better. Fitness, attitude etc. May be that watching United win League 1 with him nowhere near the team was the kick up the arse he needed to get his head right.

GLTTL

given his form this season, I wouldn’t be surprised if a lower end club at this level came in for him and how that wouldn’t have been predicted 12 months ago.

Told you so.

Low risk signing for them. Cheap (in today’s market), a good age and just come off the back of a great season.

Trust me, if he’d not played for us before and we’d signed him now, I think we’d all be excited.

Think they have got a bargain there.

Just wasnt meant to be for us.

I suppose we could have brought him back ourselves ala Keith Edwards back in 81....but then McNuts certainly isn't a King Keith.

Let me carry out some Youtube scouting:
Nice comedy goal
Pen (won &scored)
Pen (w&s)
Nice header (unchallenged)
Scrambled
Instinctive finish
Nice lob
Bit lucky first touch heavy (they all count)
Nice one
Pen (W&S)
Nice finish
Pen (w&s)
Nice finish...nice finish...
Looks a decent player will score at Champs, must admit I was a fan until I saw him against Fleetwood, he looked poor.

He’s not worth half that in my opinion, and I genuinely don’t think he’ll hit double figures this season for Reading.

Silly, silly boy in my view. He's just had a great season scoring in League 2 but only established himself with Cov after Christmas, they've just got promoted and the club is on a high for the first time in a while under a decent manager and the natural progression is to go back up to League 1 and test himself there and I think Cov would have had a decent chance at promotion. Now's he gone up two divisions when he never previously established himself at League 1 level to a club that won't be up there this season with a manager who's hardly proven to say the least.

Don't get it and I think he'll regret this move. I wish him well though and I'll keep an eye on him this season.

Silly, silly boy in my view. He's just had a great season scoring in League 2 but only established himself with Cov after Christmas, they've just got promoted and the club is on a high for the first time in a while under a decent manager and the natural progression is to go back up to League 1 and test himself there and I think Cov would have had a decent chance at promotion. Now's he gone up two divisions when he never previously established himself at League 1 level to a club that won't be up there this season with a manager who's hardly proven to say the least.

Don't get it and I think he'll regret this move. I wish him well though and I'll keep an eye on him this season.

Regret it?

Hiya, Marc, this is beryl from payroll. I heard you had a query for me. No, your payslip is correct. Yes, the extra zero is meant to be there. I know that it used to be be four figures a week at coventry, but it's now five. Yes, Marc, you're getting paid at least that now for the next 3 years. No Marc, i haven't got the phone number of HR Owen to hand. :)

Tell me when he had a good solid run in the side? His career with us was stunted due to his off field actics that some well paid immature men suffer from. I have no doubt he will progress to Championship level as a credible goal scorer once he has grown up. The talent is definatley there.

Let’s see mate, he’s only ever produced at League two level. He had a similar record to Lavery in League two and league one. (Apart from last season of course).

For me he won’t cut it in the championship.

What if he doesn’t do it in League one next season? Where he hasn’t ever done it! Then he missed out on his lucrative 3 year contract.

Saw him live (at the game) last year twice for Coventry, and he was electric, full of pace and brilliant movement.

Working with Mark Robins has taken him to the next level, and earned him this move.

Great lad who has got his head down, and is reaping the rewards.

Still think he should have had another season at Coventry though!

Back
Top Bottom