McNulty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting to hear John Coleman talking about him. He said he's got some big admirers in the game who think he could be Championship quality if he got fitter.

Many Blades could see McNulty had talent.

My view is that he had a bit of a Leon Clarke about him, a bit lazy, poor attitude, inconsistent
But he was capable of producing a bit of class and scoring good goals from difficult chances.

He’s like several players in the lower divisions, undoubted ability but needs to smarten up his attitide and get his act together.
Tonight I agree, he looked impressive.

I thought he was the best finisher at the club, better than Sharp actually. But he was so inconsistent in terms of his performances. Something not right about his head I suspect.

It's up to him isn't it? Life is short. A footballer's career is even shorter.

He's got one, very limited opportunity, to make a fantastic career out of the game but before he knows it that chance will have been and gone. He's got the talent, of that there's no doubt. It's about time he grew up a bit in the head and buckled down to being a professional footballer. He'll surely regret it for the rest of his days if he doesn't. GLTTL!

Lad at Coventry tweeted that if Sparky got 20 goals he'd dye his own hair as per that style.

yeah, well, y'know, it bores me to death these guys whose only way of getting themselves noticed is to offer to do something stupid if a certain thing happens. It's a modern day equivalent of volunteering to go in the public stocks on the village green and have eggs and rotten tomatoes at you - just because you want to get noticed. And that's the problem with it - it's all about self-publicity and not really about the cause it purports to support. It's "let me pretend to make an arse of myself in public - so I can be the focus of attention". I think that's desperately sad and just a little bit, moronic.

yeah, well, y'know, it bores me to death these guys whose only way of getting themselves noticed is to offer to do something stupid if a certain thing happens. It's a modern day equivalent of volunteering to go in the public stocks on the village green and have eggs and rotten tomatoes at you - just because you want to get noticed. And that's the problem with it - it's all about self-publicity and not really about the cause it purports to support. It's "let me pretend to make an arse of myself in public - so I can be the focus of attention". I think that's desperately sad and just a little bit, moronic.

Agree with that.

In fairness to him his goals per minutes on the pitch for us was good.

I suspect League 2 is just below him and League 1 is his limit but who knows, he's still young enough.

Certainly attitude was a factor with us and you wonder if that's part of him. Based on his Dad who at Preston in the Cup a few years ago, had made the trek down from Scotland and with 15 minutes to go just as his son finally came on, decided he'd had enough and wanted a drink so left.

He was a decent player, but I thought a bit too predictable with being one footed, he always seemed to turn into, rather than away from any half decent defender,.. IMO..

Personal abuse (of all kinds), is against forum rules - Infraction given
Of course, naturally he's been lauded as a world-beater now he's somewhere else. Nothing ever changes with this fan base....

Him, his poncey little entourage and his cunt of a father are firmly in the past where they belong and I for one am glad of it.

Like all departed players he just gets betterer and bettererer and betterererer.

Just wait ‘til Mustavimback Whiteman clambers off his League One bench one day and scores a goal or Little Louis Vanarama gets rave reviews from the fans at Alfreton. The forum will blow a fuse.

McNulty was decent enough for us back when he played for us. If I remember correctly, his attitude changed when he became a Dad, probably realised he had to get is act together and knuckle down.

I am sure he can be a good league one striker.

Many Blades could see McNulty had talent.

My view is that he had a bit of a Leon Clarke about him, a bit lazy, poor attitude, inconsistent
But he was capable of producing a bit of class and scoring good goals from difficult chances.

He’s like several players in the lower divisions, undoubted ability but needs to smarten up his attitide and get his act together.
Tonight I agree, he looked impressive.
You think Leon is a bit lazy, has a poor attitude, and is inconsistent?

Jesus wept.

Even when he wasn't scoring he never stopped working his nuts of and played through injury for the cause.

You must be very hard to please.

Looking like a world beater for SISU at Notts County at the minute. Don Goodman raving about him.

Third highest scorer in England this season, wouldn’t be surprised if a Championship side took a punt on him.

Funny game!
#gerrimback #gerremallback

no.

I say it to my mates all the time... once a forward scores 20+ at any professional level they become a different player. Until they do so they don’t really believe they’re a goal scorer and their teammates don’t look at them as being one either imo.

If he gets his head down doesn’t let the hype get to him and pushes on... can see him having a billy type career.

This isn’t a ‘oh I can’t believe we let him go’ post tho.

#gerrimback #gerremallback

no.

Never said I’d have him back - was never keen on him when he was here.

Just highlighting the point that, given his form this season, I wouldn’t be surprised if a lower end club at this level came in for him and how that wouldn’t have been predicted 12 months ago.

All about attitude for many talented young players. If he dedicates himself 100% to being the best player possible, he'll play in the Championship. Otherwise, he'll knock about in the lower leagues.

I liked him, thought he had potential.

I talked to him once in the hairdressers and he seemed like a really nice kid, not sure where the attitude thing came from.

Watching him against fleetwood at home was the final straw for me!

Very popular in the dressing room and seemed a good lad. GLTTL.

He’s a natural finisher and will be playing in the Champ in a season or two.

The man has found his level.

Exactly this...I’d be very surprised if a Champ team went in for him...mebbe he’s Improved dramatically but based on his performances with us, he’d get mullered at this level.

I can still remember a few comments questioning why we went and signed Sharp when we had someone that could do his role just as well in McNulty. He’s done well in a league where Akinfenwa and Pope have 17 each. He did well in that league for Portsmouth – he then came back to us, similarly after a “look what he’s done in League 2!” reassessment, and wasn’t good enough. He’s still not good enough for us IMHO.

In any event I'll always be grateful for his goal against Southampton in the league cup, as well as his shirt that he threw into the crowd which I got at Northampton :D

Back
Top Bottom