McGoldrick

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
I haven't been to any of the 2 games he's featured in but after reading Shields report on him just now in the Star he's surely a shoe in for signing? Mr Shield made him sound like a class performer that was at times 'irresitible' was he really this good? Like to hear from those that have seen both games.

Going to stick my neck out and say he could end up being the best signing we make this summer.

For all the talk of Waghorn's goals, check some of these beauties out. Granted some were scored a few years back but make no mistake, McGoldrick is an excellent player.

Going to stick my neck out and say he could end up being the best signing we make this summer.

For all the talk of Waghorn's goals, check some of these beauties out. Granted some were scored a few years back but make no mistake, McGoldrick is an excellent player.

Rule #1 of YouTube Goals Montage is that it must have a shite dance music soundtrack

Great video, him, Waggy, Sharp and Leon is a reyt striking 4.

UTB

Rule #1 of YouTube Goals Montage is that it must have a shite dance music soundtrack

Great video, him, Waggy, Sharp and Leon is a reyt striking 4.

UTB

Lol, I didn't think it was too bad actually :oops: Nice melody that kicks in the in the middle anyway.

Otherwise agree, a very decent Championship strike force is that and maybe with more to come yet?

I haven't been to any of the 2 games he's featured in but after reading Shields report on him just now in the Star he's surely a shoe in for signing? Mr Shield made him sound like a class performer that was at times 'irresitible' was he really this good? Like to hear from those that have seen both games.
No he wasn’t that good. That’s just ridiculous. But he did ok and will cost next to nowt, so why not?

No he wasn’t that good. That’s just ridiculous. But he did ok and will cost next to nowt, so why not?

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah James Shield made him out to be Neymar pal not me.

I haven't seen him in preseason but he's been getting rave reviews, what worries me though is that he sounds like a "trier".
Which is great, and I can't expect him to have got 5 goals already for us but a striker, playing for a contract, playing against Mansfield and Bradford... I would have liked him to have stuck one in.
Maybe thats really harsh.

This is typical United, cheapskate mentality. I remember in 1968 we had an equally-useless manager in 'Gentleman' John Harris who signed a waster from Watford called Tony Currie for £27.5k. Later, in the late 80s, Dave Bassett got a hopeless duo - Deane and Agana - for a combined £100k. Right up to recent times, we paid £50k for Clayon Donaldson for who, luckily, scored as many goals as £10m Jordan Rhodes. You get what you pay for. Meanwhile, our more illustrious neighbours buy quality like Fletcher and Boyd. When will we ever learn?

Said on another thread, it's a no-brainer for me. No fee, just wages to negotiate and proven at this level. I thought he showed some good skill and technique last season at the Lane. I would think that Mick's negativity didn't help him or Waghorn.

Reckon shields must have had a backhander at Mansfield , he was ok but not great in a poor team performance, he was much better at Bradford alongside Clarke . Having said that I’ve seen enough to think he is a good player and would certainly give him a contract.

Anyone got stats for Mcgoldrick last few seasons, seen plenty for Waghorn but not him

He doesn't score many. Neither does Waghorn. But saying that neither have had wing backs being overlapped with wing centre halfs feeding them.

This is typical United, cheapskate mentality. I remember in 1968 we had an equally-useless manager in 'Gentleman' John Harris who signed a waster from Watford called Tony Currie for £27.5k. Later, in the late 80s, Dave Bassett got a hopeless duo - Deane and Agana - for a combined £100k. Right up to recent times, we paid £50k for Clayon Donaldson for who, luckily, scored as many goals as £10m Jordan Rhodes. You get what you pay for. Meanwhile, our more illustrious neighbours buy quality like Fletcher and Boyd. When will we ever learn?

..and tonight’s winner is... :)

upload_2018-7-22_19-42-49.gif

Reckon shields must have had a backhander at Mansfield , he was ok but not great in a poor team performance, he was much better at Bradford alongside Clarke . Having said that I’ve seen enough to think he is a good player and would certainly give him a contract.

It was also Staton to be fair, their sole topic of conversation first half (sandwiches were the main focus second half) – the chances he had apart, they were mainly talking about him linking the play well.

Fleck came in on a free and is arguably our best player, Macgoldrick could be up there next season.

Can I be the first to say..,

McGoldrick and Sharp just can’t play together!

;)

Fleck came in on a free and is arguably our best player, Macgoldrick could be up there next season.
Err neow pal.

Love the optimism though.

McGoldrick is an old crock of a player who’s best years are long gone by. He can still do a job for us, in the same way that a candle can provide light during a power cut. But he’s not going to be our best player, or the next Fleck, TC or Deane or Agana.

He’s just a good old pro who will cost us bugger all and come in handy at times.

Think “Hanson” not “Fleck” and you won’t be too disappointed.

He doesn't score many. Neither does Waghorn. But saying that neither have had wing backs being overlapped with wing centre halfs feeding them.
Neither were breast-fed either apparently. McGoldrick is one of a set of triplets who ended up being the one on the bottle. The lad’s had some cruel luck in his life.

Err neow pal.

McGoldrick is an old crock of a player who’s best years are long gone by. He can still do a job for us, in the same way that a candle can provide light during a power cut. But he’s not going to be our best player, or the next Fleck, TC or Deane or Agana.

He’s just a good old pro who will cost us bugger all and come in handy at times.

Yeah but he's rated higher than any of our players on Fifa.

Err neow pal.

What I am trying to say is he could well be a top player for us next season, not as good as fleck I agree but I bet he is way above Hanson, think saying he is an old crock of a player is a bit harsh

At a confident guess he’d be more productive than our 3rd best striker was last season. For a freebie, that seems like an easy way to strengthen the squad. Him plus a major signing in that department (be it Waghorn or someone else) and I think we go in much stronger than we finished the season.

Lol, I didn't think it was too bad actually :oops: Nice melody that kicks in the in the middle anyway.

Otherwise agree, a very decent Championship strike force is that and maybe with more to come yet?

Yep I agree on the music front. Goals not bad either and likes to shoot from outside the box.....

What I am trying to say is he could well be a top player for us next season, not as good as fleck I agree but I bet he is way above Hanson, think saying he is an old crock of a player is a bit harsh

I’m half-joking mate. I actually think he’s ok. I thought he was good for Ipswich when we played them at Lane. But his best years are gone and I don’t think he’ll play too many games tbh. He’s had his fair share of injuries.

Can't wait to see him and Leon smack 4 past Inter on Tuesday!

Back
Top Bottom