McGoldrick hearing problem

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cerberus Blade

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice how McGoldrick was giving it large with the old “I can’t hear you” gesture when he scored?

It’s usually something that’s reserved for supporters of the opposing team when a player has been jeered, but in Goldie’s case he was aiming it at our own fans as he ran towards the Westfield corner and South Stand.

He was making a mighty fine job of pointing at his name on the back of his shirt too.

This seemed like a clear dig at those supporters who have been saying he can’t finish. Pity really, because it’s never a good idea for a player to take issue with their own supporters I don’t think.

5 minutes later and he hacked at another good opportunity sending it skywards. I think, in terms of balance, he should have repeated the hard of hearing gesture and the pointing at the back of his shirt. It seems only fair? This way we can be certain when he scores and when he misses a sitter and avoid any bias or undue criticism.

Did anyone else notice how McGoldrick was giving it large with the old “I can’t hear you” gesture when he scored?

It’s usually something that’s reserved for supporters of the opposing team when a player has been jeered, but in Goldie’s case he was aiming it at our own fans as he ran towards the Westfield corner and South Stand.

He was making a mighty fine job of pointing at his name on the back of his shirt too.

This seemed like a clear dig at those supporters who have been saying he can’t finish. Pity really, because it’s never a good idea for a player to take issue with their own supporters I don’t think.

5 minutes later and he hacked at another good opportunity sending it skywards. I think, in terms of balance, he should have repeated the hard of hearing gesture and the pointing at the back of his shirt. It seems only fair? This way we can be certain when he scores and when he misses a sitter and avoid any bias or undue criticism.

Maybe CB should get a seat on the front row so he can shout/mouth his true feelings directly to him whenever he gets the opportunity. Beware the lip-readers though!!!

Maybe CB should get a seat on the front row so he can shout/mouth his true feelings directly to him whenever he gets the opportunity. Beware the lip-readers though!!!

I posted what I think about him on another thread last week. I think he’s a very good player and an asset to the team in midfield. But he’s not a striker.

I’ve probably been a bit harsh on his gestures though, especially the pointing to his name on the back of his shirt. On reflection I think he was probably just drawing media attention to “Doordeals.com” - the best value doors in the country!

But he has been shit at finishing recently, so I'm glad he did find the back of the net.
But "if" he is disrespecting our fans (which I personally didn't see with me celebrating the goal), he can get lost and go else where.

I thought he was just pointing at his name and tensing his arms, his hands were in fists not cuped to his ear. I doubt any player would do that sort of a celebration, especially under wilder.

His hands weren’t near his ears during his celebration.

On reflection I think he was probably just drawing media attention to “Doordeals.com”

Definitely this. The only reason we could afford his wages is that Doordeals.com part cover them, with him working as a creative consultant for them two days a week. He’s managed to finish a project this week that he’s been working on a while, and he just wanted to acknowledge that in the celebration.

I thought he was just showing how pleased he was at finally "getting the monkey off his back" as footballers say - ie not scoring for a while. Didn't see any disrespect at all.

He was flexing his muscles:

upload_2018-12-17_9-57-45.png

Back
Top Bottom