McGoldrick’s goal bonus

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Put it up to 100k per goal until Christmas and Vardy will be looking over his shoulder going into the New Year.

It’s the only way.
There is another way, but could be slightly risky. A couple of spliffs before the game might have the desired effect. He has severe anxiety when he sees the goalposts, and needs to overcome it asap.

There is another way, but could be slightly risky. A couple of spliffs before the game might have the desired effect. He has severe anxiety when he sees the goalposts, and needs to overcome it asap.

He's horizontal as it is.

Then he’ll be missing sitters through giggling too much!

I actually think this is the way the wages will end up at some point in future (probably years and years away). With wages being lower and maybe capped and bonuses for wins, assists, clean sheets and goals being a much higher percentage of overall package.

Too many foreigners come to England to pick up a pay with giving minimal effort. I think we would see some sensational football.

I think we are one of the only clubs in the prem that look like the players would run through a brick wall for their club and manager. Obviously credit goes to CWAK and rest of staff for this.

Rub some CBD oil on his head and it'll soak in during the game.

• Banned
All fun and games till he ends up like Shorty off Scary Movie

1575923173365.jpeg

Maybe we could get Paul McKenna to hypnotise him?

I actually think this is the way the wages will end up at some point in future (probably years and years away). With wages being lower and maybe capped and bonuses for wins, assists, clean sheets and goals being a much higher percentage of overall package.

Too many foreigners come to England to pick up a pay with giving minimal effort. I think we would see some sensational football.

I think we are one of the only clubs in the prem that look like the players would run through a brick wall for their club and manager. Obviously credit goes to CWAK and rest of staff for this.

What if a player gets injured? Has a bad spell but is one of the best players at the club? Is a club legend like Sharp but isn't getting a game, do they all get penalised? I'm all for setting incentives but football will never go down this route.

Don’t make him even more anxious FFS! He’ll stop punching the pitch and set fire to feckin thing! 😀
Yep it's becoming a real issue with him just needs to relax and I'm sure the goals will come.
The frustration was acute when beating the ground like he did.
Come on CWAK get him to chill out a bit.

Get Billy to coach him, in preparation for next season’s role !

Do you reckon Billy is going to be a coach then? I'd not seen that myself. If I was him I'd be off to China or North America to have a final season or two there and earn some serious dosh. He can come back and do his coaching badges anytime - if he really wants to.

(I can't think of anything worse than coaching professional footballers - it was bad enough when I coached young kids in the Sheffield Junior Football League - some of them couldn't behave and didn't want to listen - but professional footballers on squillions of quid a week, driving supercars and thinking they can do what the f*ck they want - nah...not for me. There has to be an easier and more enjoyable way to earn a living, surely?).

One thing for sure...Chris is managing the fans expectations when it comes down to Billy's presence in the first team. It feels like he's slowly removing him from the first team scene, with dignity of course. I'd love to see Billy get a run in the first team and hold down the shirt, but I don't think it's happening. If anything I think he'll fall even further behind after Jan, when we will be looking to add at least one more striker.

I've heard Jags is going to be a coach. Which is just as well really, because he's another one that is approaching his "best before" date. But I'd not heard that about Billy - and I don't know the lad - but if he does go down that route I wish him all the best.

Do you reckon Billy is going to be a coach then? I'd not seen that myself. If I was him I'd be off to China or North America to have a final season or two there and earn some serious dosh. He can come back and do his coaching badges anytime - if he really wants to.

(I can't think of anything worse than coaching professional footballers - it was bad enough when I coached young kids in the Sheffield Junior Football League - some of them couldn't behave and didn't want to listen - but professional footballers on squillions of quid a week, driving supercars and thinking they can do what the f*ck they want - nah...not for me. There has to be an easier and more enjoyable way to earn a living, surely?).

One thing for sure...Chris is managing the fans expectations when it comes down to Billy's presence in the first team. It feels like he's slowly removing him from the first team scene, with dignity of course. I'd love to see Billy get a run in the first team and hold down the shirt, but I don't think it's happening. If anything I think he'll fall even further behind after Jan, when we will be looking to add at least one more striker.

I've heard Jags is going to be a coach. Which is just as well really, because he's another one that is approaching his "best before" date. But I'd not heard that about Billy - and I don't know the lad - but if he does go down that route I wish him all the best.

Just a thought, given his Blades passion, young kids (maybe wanting to stay local) , coaching school and CW’s obvious relationship with him. Jags and Billy at least getting a coaching grounding makes sense.

(Btw I too did several years coaching/managing in the Sheffield Junior Football League, until a couple of years ago... and agree with a lot of your sentiments!)

What if a player gets injured? Has a bad spell but is one of the best players at the club? Is a club legend like Sharp but isn't getting a game, do they all get penalised? I'm all for setting incentives but football will never go down this route.
I’m not with you. Most clubs pay bonuses for appearances and wins (probably all but I can’t say that with certainty). Spurs are well known for paying lower basic wages but high incentive payments.
Goal bonuses went out of fashion as it tended to encourage greedy play.
Most players at top six clubs have clauses that if they qualify for the CL they automatically get a significant pay rise, around 25%.

Just a thought, given his Blades passion, young kids (maybe wanting to stay local) , coaching school and CW’s obvious relationship with him. Jags and Billy at least getting a coaching grounding makes sense.

(Btw I too did several years coaching/managing in the Sheffield Junior Football League, until a couple of years ago... and agree with a lot of your sentiments!)

Billy has done or is still doing a sports science qualification I believe, which makes me think he'll be transitioning to coaching at some point.

He's club captain. Doesn't mean he has to play every game, he offers the team what no other player can in terms of motivating and team spirit/bonding.

I'd love to see Jagielka and Sharp both start together in management in the lower leagues and work their way up, much like Wilder did. Imagine being a non-league team being coached to defend by Jags, and how to shoot and score by Billy.

I'd love to see Jagielka and Sharp both start together in management in the lower leagues and work their way up, much like Wilder did. Imagine being a non-league team being coached to defend by Jags, and how to shoot and score by Billy.
Billy could start by coaching McGoldrick on that.😀

Back
Top Bottom