McCabe's last stand at the Copthorne!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Darlington82

Reaction score
Was not going to bother, but may as well get some entertainment for my money.

Hope he does not embarased himself, I'm greatfull for him taking us from a 3 sided ground and training on any spare pirce of grass we could get. But from 2008 its been a bit of a shambles.

We are just lucky Wilder landed in his lap.

So who is going to ask, 'So Kev you are getting £5m for the club, £40m? for the ground and £x?m of loans back. What are we getting for pur investment?'

Was not going to bother, but may as well get some entertainment for my money.

Hope he does not embarased himself, I'm greatfull for him taking us from a 3 sided ground and training on any spare pirce of grass we could get. But from 2008 its been a bit of a shambles.

We are just lucky Wilder landed in his lap.

So who is going to ask, 'So Kev you are getting £5m for the club, £40m? for the ground and £x?m of loans back. What are we getting for pur investment?'

One thing I never get with our fans. If you're going to blame McCabe for his managerial appointments, you have to at least credit him with Wilder. To do so isn't very fair on the man.

One thing I never get with our fans. If you're going to blame McCabe for his managerial appointments, you have to at least credit him with Wilder. To do so isn't very fair on the man.

No, it was pure luck, anyone who thought Bryan Robson would be a good managerial appointment at the time we employed him clearly doesn’t have a clue!

Facts form the meeting, Kev saying likley to appeal, Prince to pay £5m + ground and hotel (some owned by SUL and some owned by Scarborough Group) plus £1.75m in loans.

Big difference in the two sides valuation of the assets so likley to be agreed in arbitration.

Not thought about winding up SUL if he does not appeal.

Oh and next hearing on 14th will make the next steps clearer.

Also feels he has grounds for appeal but having to condsider what is best for the club, which could he his way of saving face.

Looks like SUL will pay all money recieved from the Prince to Scarborough for loans to SUL own to Scarborough (McCabe).

Our share worth £5m would be worrh more if SUL had won the judgement as in Premier League. But debts to Scarborough are more than any money to be received.

Facts form the meeting, Kev saying likley to appeal, Prince to pay £5m + ground and hotel (some owned by SUL and some owned by Scarborough Group) plus £1.75m in loans.

Big difference in the two sides valuation of the assets so likley to be agreed in arbitration.

Not thought about winding up SUL if he does not appeal.

How many were there?

Did they give out bacon butties? Would be nice to think a least some shareholders got something back in the end for their initial investment. Very expensive sandwich if so though!

True.
He's done what he coild for the club, within his limitations.
So, from me, it's a 'Thanks Kev, sorry it ended in the way it did, but time to move on now for you and us. Let it go now, look back on the high points and look forward to our bright future with the new owner.'

If anybody is shocked ANY businessman is going to look to appeal over handing over a Premier league club for so little then they've not been paying much attention. Newcastle valued at £300 million judging by a the latest takeover attempt.

Only one to be fair was Robson, but even Robson's family were probably shaking their heads thinking NO, DON'T DO IT.
Me too, only one I was certain about , others I was unsure but in fairness to McCabe there was only the one obvious mistake and most of the mangers had good credentials. When people say McCabe was poor at appointing managers they never have alternatives that they offer up, even with hindsight! (Cue people all insisting we should've got Wilder years earlier.)

If anybody is shocked ANY businessman is going to look to appeal over handing over a Premier league club for so little then they've not been paying much attention. Newcastle valued at £300 million judging by a the latest takeover attempt.

You know where the £5 Million value came from?
McCabe himself valued 50% of the club at £5 Million when he offered to buy the Princes half... So actual club value is £10 Million plus the assets (listed as Ground, Training ground, offices and Hotel i think).

Is that £300 Million the value of Newcastle United or Newcastle United and all of its assets?

Price of Football on twitter actually suggested that Newcastle were valued at £383m two weeks back

Justice Fanning valued BLL at £104 million in his Judgement. Property experts for both sides disclosed reports regarding the Property Options which included valuations, reference to £40 million in January 2018 is in the Judgement. JF also states the properties have increased in value as at June 2019 so again there is a reference point as to the actual value by the Judge at a point in time.

The experts were not called to give verbal evidence. If there was such a disparity in valuations that KM now alleges I would have expected the experts to be called to the stand by Counsel and JF to have referred to this in his Judgement.

The suggestion any disagreement over valuations will go to Arbitration implies SUL are considering starting the process again with the risk of it ending up in Court, that will only increase costs. More information on this may be revealed at the grounds for Appeal Hearing on the 14th.

KM is entitled to pursue an Appeal if he feels he has grounds to do so. From what has been reported back it seems he has at least taken advice and tempered his language regarding the Prince.

No, it was pure luck, anyone who thought Bryan Robson would be a good managerial appointment at the time we employed him clearly doesn’t have a clue!

Agree, there were concerns about Robson’s managerial ability but that wasn’t the reason for appointing him.
The irony is that year is the most ambitious the club has been in its history.
McCabe wanted world domination, he was involved with Chegdu Blades, Ferencvsros, West Coast Mariners and even a Brazilian team.
Although we liked Warnock, on the international stage he wasn’t a good “face” for our club. Most people overseas had never even heard of Neil Warnock.

However Brian Robson was Captain Marvel, a Man Utd and England legend known through out the world.
Having him as the face of the club would have a Frank Lampard effect, we were able to attract Cahill and Egiogue, just because of Robson.

Robson’s cv was better than Warnock because he’d not only won a promotion from the Championship but also (unlike NW) won a relegation battle in the PL.
Many thought (including me) Robbo was on the way down so the board appointed the highly rated Brian Kidd as his assistant.
Yes, the same Brian Kidd who is now with Guardiola at Man City. Kidd had also been a manager himself at Blackburn,
so the theory was the double act of the 2 Brian’s would be the dream team solution.

I remember Robson’s 1st few matches, we controlled possession playing slow patient football, there were few chances at either end.
Our fans couldn’t handle the massive culture shock compared to Warnocks high tempo direct...plenty of action in both penalty areas style.
Our defenders would pass it amongst themselves....and you’d hear our fans “just smash it up field`’
Robson eventually changed his style and started playing more direct but half the team preferred to play the patient passing game
So we became stuck in between styles as though the players didn’t know what they were supposed to do.
My memories of Robson were the terrible post match interviews as though he was in another planet or drunk.
Every single post match interview was exactly the same regardless of the performance or result, it’s as though he wasn’t watching the match.

Hopefully, the judge will throw out the application to appeal. We need to leave this whole sorry mess in the past now and if McCabe is a big of a Blade as he likes to remind everyone of, then he should feel the same way.
It's not about the money.....it's simply that there is no bigger blade than him. The thought of getting 10s of millions of US dollars if he wins an appeal is nothing to do with it.

He didn't say he was appealing , hadn't made his mind up ?... One question asked and not really answered , if he'd taken ownership and as rumoured sold to the Americans , what's to say they would have had best intentions .., we've had five years of the Prince and at least he has an insight into our club , thanks to McCabe for looking after Our club, easy for me to say but let's just move on ensure we keep the club moving forward and keep our main asset the manager and hope for once Lady Luck is on our side

Back
Top Bottom