McCabe -had his time

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidblade

Reaction score
All though Kevin is a loyal blade , I do feel he has had his time and it is time for a change of direction. Kevin McCabe has built this club but I don’t think he has the money / will to take it forward , I see the same thing at the gym he owns at crooks good building and good staff but no plans to progress. The gym manager wants new changing rooms etc , he says to me he’s put these plans forward but nothing happens, and I believe him. He was told when we got promoted from league one it would happen.
I’m not sure the prince is the man , but I feel McCabe priority now is money not the Blades. Time to move on Kevin

All though Kevin is a loyal blade , I do feel he has had his time and it is time for a change of direction. Kevin McCabe has built this club but I don’t think he has the money / will to take it forward , I see the same thing at the gym he owns at crooks good building and good staff but no plans to progress. The gym manager wants new changing rooms etc , he says to me he’s put these plans forward but nothing happens, and I believe him. He was told when we got promoted from league one it would happen.
I’m not sure the prince is the man , but I feel McCabe priority now is money not the Blades. Time to move on Kevin
Really, McCabe promised to refurb a local gym only if we got promoted to the Chumpionship ?

I've no doubt KM wants to relinquish control, he's been saying as much for 5 years, problem is, and you have to applaud him for this, he hasn't found a suitable buyer who he can trust with the future of the club. Would you rather he cashed out to the 1st person waving a big enough cheque ?

There is little doubt that we need a new owner(s) ...we have to ask why none are forthcoming and the one who does invest ‘isn’t suitable’.

Really, McCabe promised to refurb a local gym only if we got promoted to the Chumpionship ?

I've no doubt KM wants to relinquish control, he's been saying as much for 5 years, problem is, and you have to applaud him for this, he hasn't found a suitable buyer who he can trust with the future of the club. Would you rather he cashed out to the 1st person waving a big enough cheque ?

The question is the a suitable buyer for United or McCabe , I feel McCabe wants his money back for his mistakes it’s not about United going forward.
Nobody is going to pay 80million for someone else’s mistakes, that’s why we’re at an impasse.

I'm sure Blackburn, Cardiff, Hull fans would all agree............

Cardiff will more than likely be spending a 2nd season in the premier league next season. We’ve been there for 1 year out of the last 25.

Hull have been in the premier league for a few year recently along with an FA cup final and Europe, I’d take that over what McCabe has dished up.

Without the prince we’d still be in Lg1 or worse.

Jim, you can't play that game any more. All of these teams have had a better last decade than we have.
Of course you can play that game. Blackburn fans have had a terrible few years, crowds down 50% all in protest of the ownerrship, it's only a few years since Cardiff fans were watching their players play in red shirts and one of their new stands was closed down due to low ticket sales and of course there's Hull Tigers.

Fuck it, roll the dice.

We either stick with being average as fuck, and we all have to be happy with it. Or we take the risk and who fucking knows.

Worst case scenario, in a few years time we're playing in a yellow kit in a newly built bowl near Meadowhall.

Many a true word mate :)

Unfortunately, many would rather that scenario which is worrying.

Of course you can play that game. Blackburn fans have had a terrible few years, crowds down 50% all in protest of the ownerrship, it's only a few years since Cardiff fans were watching their players play in red shirts and one of their new stands was closed down due to low ticket sales and of course there's Hull Tigers.
Wait while next season when Cardiff are playing in the Premiership and Hull and Blackburn come to the lane where you can watch them rip us a new arsehole.

Last 10 seasons:

United: 4 Championship, 6 League 1.
Blackburn:4 Premier League, 5 Championship, 1 League 1.
Hull: 5 Premier League, 5 Championship, 1 Cup Final, played in Europe once
Cardiff: 1 Premier League, 9 Championship, 1 Cup Final.

Yeh, Cardiff played in Red. Must have been terrible. And of course they don't any more. And they might be in the PL this time next week.

No idea who Hull Tigers are. They were and are Hull City.

All of these teams have a better recent history than us, foreign owners or not.

Didn't people learn the lesson from "at least we're not Leicester/Leeds/The Pigs/Southampton/Norwich" when we were selling off our good young players during the end of the last spell in this division?

Last 10 seasons:

Yeh, Cardiff played in Red. Must have been terrible. And of course they don't any more. And they might be in the PL this time next week.

Didn't people learn the lesson from "at least we're not Leicester/Leeds/The Pigs/Southampton/Norwich" when we were selling off our good young players during the end of the last spell in this division?
Don't forget we had a season in White shirts and yes it was horrible. :)

Last 10 seasons:

It's a fair point and of course you've got a greater chance of going places if you have shed loads of cash. It is also possible to achieve success without going down that route, albeit with limitations and that's exactly what Tufty is saying now.

To me, the last 2 seasons have shown what being part of a football club is all about and why most of us live our lives for this nonsense. OK, you can flirt with the Prem, as the 3 clubs mentioned have but at what price.

Joking aside, how many would rather we were in the Prem, playing in yellow shirts in a brand new ground 15 miles outside of Sheffield ?

Kin hell even the Dingles can find new backer within a few months of Cryan saying he could no longer carry on. You have to ask why no one is ever interested in SUFC ?
Don't quote me and no doubt someone will correct me
I just get the feeling McCabe has all the property assets well tied up and all he wants to sell is the sufc brand , then who ever takes this on will be tied to the lease for the ground , this then increases the value of the ground and any associated assets

Joking aside, how many would rather we were in the Prem, playing in yellow shirts in a brand new ground 15 miles outside of Sheffield ?

I don't know what Id think about that situation. But it's a hypothetical one so it's irrelevant to the point I was making.

I don't know what Id think about that situation. But it's a hypothetical one so it's irrelevant to the point I was making.

I think it is relevant to the point because they're the kind of things that these owners try to do. You can't pick and choose what your new money bags owner does.

I think it is relevant to the point because they're the kind of things that these owners try to do. You can't pick and choose what your new money bags owner does.

It's silly. 15 miles away is past Chesterfield or Doncaster or Barnsley.

And not a single foreign owner has done that. Not one. the only owners to move a club in contentious circumstances recently are Winkelman at MK Dons and those clowns at West Ham. And they are not foreign.

And I'm sick of "be careful what you wish for" after 1 season in the top flight and 6 in the third tier and repeated failure in big matches over the last quarter of a century.

I think the fact McCabe is a Blade is always going to make selling the club more difficult. Its not like when Mandaric sold the pigs, he had no emotional connection to the club and couldn't care less what happened to them after he left. With McCabe I genuinely believe he wouldn't sell out to a buyer knowing they'd jeopardise the club. Whether you believe Kev has made £300 million a year from the hotel and is living off the club or that more realsitically the club is actually running at multimillion pound losses every season I still think him being a Blade makes an already difficult job harder. Finding someone who matches his valuation and then someone who buys into the essence of what being a blade is about is nigh on impossible.

It's silly. 15 miles away is past Chesterfield or Doncaster or Barnsley.

And not a single foreign owner has done that. Not one. the only owners to move a club in contentious circumstances recently are Winkelman at MK Dons and those clowns at West Ham. And they are not foreign.

And I'm sick of "be careful what you wish for" after 1 season in the top flight and 6 in the third tier and repeated failure in big matches over the last quarter of a century.

OK, an exaggeration maybe but the Venkeys at Blackburn amongst everything else have managed to alledgedly take clubs debts to over £100M. The three I mentioned have had ups as well as downs despite the owners but what about Coventry, Portsmouth, Orient, even Liverpool flirted with disaster under those American clowns.

It's a fair point and of course you've got a greater chance of going places if you have shed loads of cash. It is also possible to achieve success without going down that route, albeit with limitations and that's exactly what Tufty is saying now.

To me, the last 2 seasons have shown what being part of a football club is all about and why most of us live our lives for this nonsense. OK, you can flirt with the Prem, as the 3 clubs mentioned have but at what price.

This is the latest red herring though isn't it?

Let's have the quotes from Princey which say that's what he's going to do.

There are times to consolidate and balance the books (or reduce losses) but every club with an ounce of ambition needs to speculate and grasp an opportunity to move forward when it presents itself. What better opportunity was there for a club to go for gold than to receive a substantial unexpected sell-on windfall when the team is near the top of the Championship and Premiere League football is the reward for success?

As in other businesses, lack of ambition leads to stagnation and decline so when will McCabe ever go for it if not this January when we’ve got the safest pair of hands in decades running the team? Those safe pair of hands were rewarded with the 3rd smallest budget in the division, only bettering tiny Burton and cash strapped Bolton and look at where they are now. Not only did he and his ex mate not seize the opportunity in January, they gambled on Wilder in is first ever Championship season pulling several rabbits out of the hat which he did in the end, magnificently.

McCabe’s time has run and the Prince doesn’t fill me with any confidence either. This club needs fresh ambitious owners at the top because if not, they’ll have us right back where we started from in League One and we’ll lose our best manager in Decades in the process.

I think the fact McCabe is a Blade is always going to make selling the club more difficult. Its not like when Mandaric sold the pigs, he had no emotional connection to the club and couldn't care less what happened to them after he left. With McCabe I genuinely believe he wouldn't sell out to a buyer knowing they'd jeopardise the club. Whether you believe Kev has made £300 million a year from the hotel and is living off the club or that more realsitically the club is actually running at multimillion pound losses every season I still think him being a Blade makes an already difficult job harder. Finding someone who matches his valuation and then someone who buys into the essence of what being a blade is about is nigh on impossible.

I’m glad that you are wearing rose tinted glasses, for the rest of us realists I’m feeling pretty down as I don’t see a solution

Back
Top Bottom