McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think the thing that confuses me with McBurnie is that he isn't the most fluent of footballers. Or as much as I'd expect, for the price. I'm not knocking the lad, merely sharing.

He appears quite languid in his running style, his feet are sometimes at 6s and 7s and you never quite know if he is going to pull something off, or if he's just trying to get the ball out of his feet. He also seems to scuff the ball quite a lot with his passing and shots, he rarely seems to hit it as cleanly or with as much crisp power as you'd expect.

His hold up play for the second goal against Spurs is a good example of some of this, especially the scuffed ball at the end.

That said, there's definitely a player in there, and I wonder if he we'll see him becoming more 'polished' during his time here.

McBurnie gave an improved display, no doubt about that.

I note, however, that like McGoldrick in the league he is another forward who people seem to regard as playing well despite a lack of goals and assists. I wonder how long this will be seen as acceptable when (as I fear) we concede a lot more goals next season and the forwards will need to take up the slack.
It will last about a fortnight

Interesting that this account uses statistical models to predict how players will do in the prem. Was shared by Blades Analytics, predicted McBurnie to get 6 goals and thats exactly what he got. So hes preformed exactly as we could have expected.

Reactions: CW7

Interesting that this account uses statistical models to predict how players will do in the prem. Was shared by Blades Analytics, predicted McBurnie to get 6 goals and thats exactly what he got. So hes preformed exactly as we could have expected.

If the metrics could be tweaked for say, 8 next season 👍.

UTB

If the metrics could be tweaked for say, 8 next season 👍.

UTB
It does say he usually played LW and at 23 should be able to mold into a CF. It also said finishing is a weakness of his but hes good at getting into high scoring positions (suits us). So hopefully with a bit more practice finishing and learning the CF role hes good to go.

Reactions: CW7
Mcburnie I only expect to get better. He joined and looked off it whatever the reason may be.

Then he nailed down his starting role and seems to be pushing on. He’s got 6 this season I think next season he gets a few more. A target man in the PL getting 8-10 goals is very good.

For me it’s all about the partner for him whether it’s a pacey striker or a didzy.

Going to be a massive player for us in the future. 2/3 years of gym work (which he said he never did before) will see him flourish into bullying center halves in the prem.

never seen such a dominant striker in the air so young

Apart from his seemingly cuntish attitude my initial criticism of him was how he just seemed so weak. Countless times at the start he got muscled out of the way and that led me to favour Moose as he seemed a bit stronger. They've almost switched roles.

It doesn’t help that McBurnie has this scruffy Steve Claridge look...McB has such an untidy running style making him look permanently knackered.

Appreciate he’s not a natural goal scorer but he has a lot of strings to his bow with loads of potential regards his allround game. Although he seems a bit of a dick off the field you can’t fault his effort and attitude on the field. So I’m supporting him and think he might have a good future at PL level.

Agree with the comment about his physical weakness concerns. When he first arrived he was easily pushed off the ball and falling down BUT give him credit he’s looked physically stronger as the season has progressed.

It doesn’t help that McBurnie has this scruffy Steve Claridge look...McB has such an untidy running style making him look permanently knackered.

Appreciate he’s not a natural goal scorer but he has a lot of strings to his bow with loads of potential regards his allround game. Although he seems a bit of a dick off the field you can’t fault his effort and attitude on the field. So I’m supporting him and think he might have a good future at PL level.

I loved Steve Claridge for how he played and looked so unorthodox, so you may not be surprised to hear that I loved it when we signed McBurnie! He's done well this season and will just get better and more consistent. I think most of our fan base recognise how he's improved as we've gone along.

This whole is he shite, is he good arguement that's seems to be a constant...

Is not just that he blows hot and cold and is somewhat inconsistent?

This whole is he shite, is he good arguement that's seems to be a constant...

Is not just that he blows hot and cold and is somewhat inconsistent?

He’s just not that talented I don’t think. Definitely a role for him but in a team where you live off scraps up front, you have to be really good to shine and he just isn’t that good.

I think he’ll get better and he has some raw ability, just needs coaching and bulking up a bit. He’s done ok this season.

Whatever his attributes, abilities and weaknesses the lads a grafter with a good team ethic,

The new jostein flo

Flo scored 10 in 33 in his first season for us in the PL, in a side that got relegated, a 30% strike rate.

McBurnie has managed 6 in 36 for Chris Wilder’s Allstars, a 17% strike rate.

He’s got to improve a fair bit to be considered as the new Flo.

Back
Top Bottom