McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VwBlade

Reaction score
Was fucking excellent today. Put a proper shift in, caused Arsenals defence all sorts of problems, won a fuck ton of headers, defensive or attacking, good hold up play, and generally put in 110%. Might not have banged 20 goals in this season but he's a proper Sheffield United player. As with Berge, another relatively young player new to the Premier League

His best game in a Blades shirt so far.
He put a shift in yesterday and did defensive duties well too. 👍

This is why our fans are so unrealistic.

If he was consistently putting in those performances he’s worth a lot more than £20m. He’s young and adapting to the PL like everyone is. It will take time for him to hit his peak may be 1/2 years away but that’s why you invest in the future.

But when he has off days as supporters we need to get behind him and not create threads lie Mcshitty.

What a lot seem to forget is almost non of this squad have any knowledge of playing at this level, playing against the quality of our opposition week in week out, even Berge, played at champions league level, but only for a couple of games, players such as him and mcburnie, will learn and get better as they adapt to new styles of play etc. £20 million and change for 2 international players in the recent transfer markets is cheap, give them time and I believe they will repay that price and much more.

Last edited:
McBurnie gave an improved display, no doubt about that.

I note, however, that like McGoldrick in the league he is another forward who people seem to regard as playing well despite a lack of goals and assists. I wonder how long this will be seen as acceptable when (as I fear) we concede a lot more goals next season and the forwards will need to take up the slack.

I note, however, that like McGoldrick in the league he is another forward who people seem to regard as playing well despite a lack of goals and assists. I wonder how long this will be seen as acceptable when (as I fear) we concede a lot more goals next season and the forwards will need to take up the slack.
Why will we concede lots more goals next year? have we been 'found out'?

Was fucking excellent today. Put a proper shift in, caused Arsenals defence all sorts of problems, won a fuck ton of headers, defensive or attacking, good hold up play, and generally put in 110%. Might not have banged 20 goals in this season but he's a proper Sheffield United player. As with Berge, another relatively young player new to the Premier League
Stop talking sense. No place for you on here. We only want WUM's and pessimists. ;)

McBurnie gave an improved display, no doubt about that,
Why will we concede lots more goals next year? have we been 'found out'?

1. No Henderson
2. More injuries, probably
3. Regression to the mean
4. Possibly no O’Connell or someone else leaves
5. Some teams who haven’t done well against us have better years (particularly the London clubs)

I might be wrong but I think it’s likely our defensive record won’t be as good.

Really think Bramall lane gave all the lads a boost, from start to finish can‘t fault his running and link up play yesterday.

There’s a complete lack of service. Him or McGoldrick didn’t have one chance until the 87th minute.
There was one instance where Stevens needed to slip it through the defence to McBurnie, simple ball, and he hit it so hard it would’ve rolled to Queens Road B&Q if the Kop wasn’t there.

When will people learn?

McMarmite really does have our fans suffering from a severe bout of Leondeludemol !!!

Highly impressive yesterday. Didn’t think he had it in him tbh. Credit where credit is due.

Let’s conveniently forget about what came before this. Shall we ?

UTB

McMarmite really does have our fans suffering from a severe bout of Leondeludemol !!!

Highly impressive yesterday. Didn’t think he had it in him tbh. Credit where credit is due.

Let’s conveniently forget about what came before this. Shall we ?

UTB
Service. Of. Lack. Total.

Rearrange the words, Drongo.

Yes good performance from him at last but i think the performance from the team in general was much improved.unfortunately for us the VAR was working and delivered our usual VAR verdict.Which i must say was correct now when the verdict favours us lets up the decision is correct for a change.

Yes good performance from him at last but i think the performance from the team in general was much improved.unfortunately for us the VAR was working and delivered our usual VAR verdict.Which i must say was correct now when the verdict favours us lets up the decision is correct for a change.

Just to correct you VAR was working fine for Arsenal but not working fine for us. ie didnt spot the Fleck foul in lead up to their 2nd goal. This was not as far back as Lundstrams toe either.

Also been reading on twitter from Blades fans we had two penalty shouts that were not looked at but I dont remember these at all.

McBurnie gave an improved display, no doubt about that,

1. No Henderson
2. More injuries, probably
3. Regression to the mean
4. Possibly no O’Connell or someone else leaves
5. Some teams who haven’t done well against us have better years (particularly the London clubs)

I might be wrong but I think it’s likely our defensive record won’t be as good.
And thus spoke Nostradamus! All 5 of those points could be debated some more than others.
RE: No.3 - Regression to the mean.. what if the defensive mean is this season as a whole not just a recent 180 minutes of it, 45 of those with 10 men.
I dont necessarily disagree with you on some, but I think you are demaning the quality and cohesion of our defensive unit.

And thus spoke Nostradamus! All 5 of those points could be debated some more than others.
RE: No.3 - Regression to the mean.. what if the defensive mean is this season as a whole not just a recent 180 minutes of it, 45 of those with 10 men.
I dont necessarily disagree with you on some, but I think you are demaning the quality and cohesion of our defensive unit.

I’m not Nostradamus. That’s my opinion on what’s going to happen. No need for snark, although of course if I’m right you can acknowledge it.

I’m not demeaning the quality of our defensive unit. It’s going to be a weaker unit because I think 2 of the back 6 aren’t going to be in it.

I’m not Nostradamus. That’s my opinion on what’s going to happen. No need for snark, although of course if I’m right you can acknowledge it.

I’m not demeaning the quality of our defensive unit. It’s going to be a weaker unit because I think 2 of the back 6 aren’t going to be in it.
Ok ok.. I attempted humour not sarcasm. Apologies.
Admittedly I do have a little scorn for prediction makers, I just find these things negative.
There is no suggestion at all that JOC is going anywhere other than our fears that he is our best player and he is bound to be sold.
What would it cost to buy a 25 year old with 3 years left on his contract? and with that money couldnt we be potentially stronger all round defensivley?
Agree about Henderson, the others - woe is us conjecture.

Ok ok.. I attempted humour not sarcasm. Apologies.
Admittedly I do have a little scorn for prediction makers, I just find these things negative.
There is no suggestion at all that JOC is going anywhere other than our fears that he is our best player and he is bound to be sold.
What would it cost to buy a 25 year old with 3 years left on his contract? and with that money couldnt we be potentially stronger all round defensivley?
Agree about Henderson, the others - woe is us conjecture.

We shall see. I hope I’m wrong.

I'd been wondering why nobody had mentioned Mcburnies performance yesterday.
I have mentioned it several times on other threads, by far his best performance for us so far, as was Berges.

I have mentioned it several times on other threads, by far his best performance for us so far, as was Berges.
Soz BB it's a bit of a whoosh moment. Yeah, I've seen the others 👍🏻

There is also the possibility that after 1 season we may be better equipped for season 2, & whilst shipping a few more goals we may also score a few more to help balance things out. Plus 1 or 2 astute signings may contribute to balancing the possible negatives you raise.

Must be a knock. You don’t hook someone 3 mins into the second half it makes no sense

Must be a knock. You don’t hook someone 3 mins into the second half it makes no sense

"Oli was just tired and leggy, which is expected to because of what he puts in." was Wilder's quote. Could be hiding something from Chelsea though.

Back
Top Bottom