Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When he chases down hes a headless chicken ,when he doesnt hes a lazy cunt :rolleyes:
Maybe if he had been chasing the full back down while he played a simple pass to his unmarked teammates he wouldn't have been in the 6 yard box to win us a point ,that not cross anyones mind ?

We were tired. Lundstram in paticular was blowing out of his arse, Jags too. We got a second wind towards the end of the game, enough to get us back into it. Very simple.

Very simple?...........Very fucking convenient, I’d say.

By the way, there’s a glaringly obvious spelling mistake under your avatar ;)

The line we pressed at dropped from the edge of their box to in our half. It cost us, but it seemed like we didn't have a choice due to everyone being knackered. I think Wilder realised this and figured Mcburnie might at least be able to get something to stick when we cleared it out from our half. If he wanted pointless pressing by a player on their own he would have just brought sharp on. Energy cost us this game imo.

Maybe so, can’t say I’d disagree with that. But we had definitely starting dropping off and stopped pressing as a team. As I’ve said previously you can’t press individually or you get torn to shreds. When we press we press as a unit and if McBurnie presses and Lundstram is miles behind him there’s a huge pocket of space to play - we don’t do that.
I understand all of that but read my post above and hopefully you’ll see where I’m coming from.

Very simple?...........Very fucking convenient, I’d say.

By the way, there’s a glaringly obvious spelling mistake under your avatar ;)
So you’re somehow attributing our conceded goals to McBurnie not pressing? And I’m the c*** 😂

When he chases down hes a headless chicken ,when he doesnt hes a lazy cunt :rolleyes:
Maybe if he had been chasing the full back down while he played a simple pass to his unmarked teammates he wouldn't have been in the 6 yard box to win us a point ,that not cross anyones mind ?
I remember Sharp the 2nd time round spending most of his time chasing lost causes and not getting a sniff. He learned where he needed to be to score, Mcburnie knows this too.

The line we pressed at dropped from the edge of their box to in our half. It cost us, but it seemed like we didn't have a choice due to everyone being knackered. I think Wilder realised this and figured Mcburnie might at least be able to get something to stick when we cleared it out from our half. If he wanted pointless pressing by a player on their own he would have just brought sharp on. Energy cost us this game imo.
Stats back us up as being one of the fittest sides in the league. I think instructions could’ve cost us personally, or laziness?

There’s a time and a place to close down, everyone knows this but maybe his not looking bothered posture has an impact on people’s thoughts?

Stats back us up as being one of the fittest sides in the league. I think instructions could’ve cost us personally, or laziness?
To play how they did for how long they did obviously means they are one of, if not the fittest side in the division. They couldn't keep that intensity for the 90. Some of the lads were clearly ready to collapse. If the legs aren't there then you can't press that high, that intense. Not lazy or bad instructions, just reality that they are human.

Still think both Mousset and Mc Burnie are learning their trade . Both are only 23 . Mousset has the benefit of having played 50 plus prem games before so has the edge in experience. But he's benefiting from regular selection . Mc Burnie is Wilders record buy . He sees what's to come. That's why he's our manager. He wouldn't be here if Wilder didn't think he will offer something as he gets more time. Bournemouth fans will be bemused by Moussets form . I expect certain blades will be just as bemused when Mc Burnie clicks

There’s a time and a place to close down, everyone knows this but maybe his not looking bothered posture has an impact on people’s thoughts?
Maybe ,if so that unfortunate ,I actually think the opposite and think he is trying too hard ,hopefully that goal will be a weight off his shoulders and we may see a better player. Robinson looked a bit more like it today , maybe same for him.
Wilder wouldn't wear a shirker.

Maybe ,if so that unfortunate ,I actually think the opposite and think he is trying too hard ,hopefully that goal will be a weight off his shoulders and we may see a better player. Robinson looked a bit more like it today , maybe same for him.
Wilder wouldn't wear a shirker.
You know how much I want that to be bang on.

To play how they did for how long they did obviously means they are one of, if not the fittest side in the division. They couldn't keep that intensity for the 90. Some of the lads were clearly ready to collapse. If the legs aren't there then you can't press that high, that intense. Not lazy or bad instructions, just reality that they are human.
I think they proved after we went 3-2 down that we can play at an high intensity for longer than we did.

The air got visibly sucked out of us when we conceded the first goal.The legs and energy left us and i honestly thought the game was lost at 2-3,credit Wilder and his progressive substitutions,in the end they breathed new life into us and we got a deserved point.We are vulnerable to injuries and suspensions and i am sure we would have won that game with Egan and Henderson.

I think they proved after we went 3-2 down that we can play at an high intensity for longer than we did.
After having a break from it? Most of the running after was done by the subs. It's quite common to have one last push if a goal is needed. Did you watch it at the Lane or in TV? I watched it on TV and they were clearly knackered, and agaisnt a very fast forward line.

Tired bodies my arse, those goals were the first goals Utd have conceded in the last fifteen minutes of any game this season.
Yes when we arent missing hen do and Egan

Jags is 37 and playing his first full debut
He was tiring fast

After having a break from it? Most of the running after was done by the subs. It's quite common to have one last push if a goal is needed. Did you watch it at the Lane or in TV? I watched it on TV and they were clearly knackered, and agaisnt a very fast forward line.
I watched it at the lane, that’s why I have some strong views on McBurnie, you don’t see players work rate or off the ball movement on TV but it’s obvious I’m in a minority so there’s no point banging on about it.

Oli ‘not doing anything’ when he came on got fuck all to do with with Didzy having run his race? As excellent as Moose and Didsy were, it was obvious for about five minutes before their first goal we were spent up front. FFS, Williams could barely get in our half for the first 2/3 of the game.

I thought McBurnie's finish was class. He did well to keep it away from any suggestion of hand ball.
Robinson's assist was class too. Quick thinking under pressure in a crowd of players.

At least McBurnie looks like a player now, instead of someone who just fell out of a skip. We went from crumbling under the cosh to getting a well earned draw.

I suppose the numpties could be referring to the type of closing down that Mousset did in the ‘second’ half to win the ball back, give it to Fleck who then put him through with that sublime pass to make it 2-0.

I don’t know, maybe you missed that?

I’m no fan of McBurnie, but he took his goal exceptionally well, that said, he’s got to do a lot more when he’s not in possession if he’s going to earn a place in this team. Sharp and Robinson came on and looked like ‘fresh legs’, closed down the opposition and showed for the ball when we had possession. When Robinson came on, it crossed my mind that McBurnie might be going off, he looked that exhausted.

No, I didnt miss that. What you probabaly missed is that when Mousset closed people down, he didn't run around like a headless chicken, he was supported by McGoldrick and either Fleck/Lundstram. I'm not sure how many times this has to be said, but pressing isn't something one man can do, it's a team effort. If at the point where Didzy is blowing, and Man Utd are starting to move higher up the pitch, McBurnie just starts racing up to whichever player has the ball, it's not pressing: it's just one bloke running around, chasing the ball.

We dont press for the full 90 mins in any game we play, we might tire, lose confidence, the opposition might player higher up the pitch, or begin to break the press. There's a multitude of reasons why we sat deeper and stopped pressing yesterday and I can assure you, McBurnie coming on was not one of them. It's very revealing that McBurnie is the only one singled out for not pressing, despite it being the responsibility of the team - smacks of looking for a scapegoat to me.

I really can't see why this thread is still running, maybe some of you would be happier if we had left Oli on the bench and lost 2-3. A bloke near me on the kop was screaming abuse at him after he had taken training top off to come on fucking unbelievable!!! I despare at some of our fans why they can't get behind any player who pulls on the shirt baffles me especially when they have not had that much game time. I thought McBurnie did well when he came on he won headers held the ball up and took his one chance very well. There is a lot more to football than running round like a blue arsed fly but alas some of you numpties like the players who run about and seem to work hard whether they achieve anything or not but then can't see the player with talent who doesn't run about like his arse is on fire. Keith Edwards got the same abuse for being a so called lazy cunt because we have always liked a scapegoat down at the lane, at least Lundstram will be relieved not having that Charlie on his back. This is one thing I hate about our fans get behind ALL the team it is bad when Wednesdayites put you to shame. I don't see that donkey they have up front getting this sort of abuse FFS Wednesdayites putting our support to shame never thought I'd say that.

is Mousset better than mc burnie at the moment
well dah
hes been playing regularly

its not rocket science

was jagielka not quite as good as Egan

unless your playing on a regular basis you have to get up to speed

luckily Wilder knows this which is why he picks the team not the planks dishing out unfair stick

I really can't see why this thread is still running, maybe some of you would be happier if we had left Oli on the bench and lost 2-3. A bloke near me on the kop was screaming abuse at him after he had taken training top off to come on fucking unbelievable!!! I despare at some of our fans why they can't get behind any player who pulls on the shirt baffles me especially when they have not had that much game time. I thought McBurnie did well when he came on he won headers held the ball up and took his one chance very well. There is a lot more to football than running round like a blue arsed fly but alas some of you numpties like the players who run about and seem to work hard whether they achieve anything or not but then can't see the player with talent who doesn't run about like his arse is on fire. Keith Edwards got the same abuse for being a so called lazy cunt because we have always liked a scapegoat down at the lane, at least Lundstram will be relieved not having that Charlie on his back. This is one thing I hate about our fans get behind ALL the team it is bad when Wednesdayites put you to shame. I don't see that donkey they have up front getting this sort of abuse FFS Wednesdayites putting our support to shame never thought I'd say that.
You joking about the Pigs or are you one of their undercover agents ;). The stick they give Nuihu, Fox, Palmer etc makes our slagging look like a love fest. didn't hear anybody getting on McB's back and certainly not when he scored the equaliser. Seen it so many times when new players haven't started like a house on fire and then become cult heroes. Thought Eddy, Basham, Booker were crap after their first few games, same a bit with Fleck. Give them time, if he's not doing it after 20/30 games then that's the time to worry. For what it's worth I think McB will become a major asset.

No, I didnt miss that. What you probabaly missed is that when Mousset closed people down, he didn't run around like a headless chicken, he was supported by McGoldrick and either Fleck/Lundstram. I'm not sure how many times this has to be said, but pressing isn't something one man can do, it's a team effort. If at the point where Didzy is blowing, and Man Utd are starting to move higher up the pitch, McBurnie just starts racing up to whichever player has the ball, it's not pressing: it's just one bloke running around, chasing the ball.

We dont press for the full 90 mins in any game we play, we might tire, lose confidence, the opposition might player higher up the pitch, or begin to break the press. There's a multitude of reasons why we sat deeper and stopped pressing yesterday and I can assure you, McBurnie coming on was not one of them. It's very revealing that McBurnie is the only one singled out for not pressing, despite it being the responsibility of the team - smacks of looking for a scapegoat to me.

I’ve never actually mentioned ‘pressing’ my gripe with McBurnie is his lack of movement, full stop.
True, he doesn’t put any pressure on the back four or limit their options but worse than that he doesn’t move when we have possession.

Can’t you see, that he would be so much more affective if he increased his mobility and created space, gave the player in possession options and worked his marker?

I mean are people seriously suggesting that Wilder said ‘Get stripped Ollie, the Moose is fucked. There’s 20 minutes left, I want you to get out there, just amble about up front, the teams tired, so keep your movement to a minimum and hopefully something will drop for you in the box’

I thought he took his goal well but it’s frustrating that he could offer so much more by introducing a bit more energy into his game, particularly when he’s on for 20 minutes and presumably hoping to force himself into the starting line up?

Back
Top Bottom