Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We were hoofing it clear and couldn’t string two passes together. Not sure what McBurnie could have done?
And might you venture to hazard a guess as to WHY we started doing this having completely controlled the game up to this point ?

It really is in plain sight. You just have to use these (👀) things and have a basic understanding of football.

Something that is beyond a very high percentage of our fan base.

Not necessarily you btw. But I couldn’t rule it out !

UTB

McBurnie is a lazy cunt, every other player in our team presses but he gets away with it for some reason?

There’s been some slagging off from a few on this thread against our fans so I’ll keep it on tack and say there’s some right muppets who simply don’t watch us play properly. We defend from the front, why Wilder brought him on at 2-0 up when we defend from the front is anyone’s guess.

People will forget about his contribution to our downfall due to his goal, now that is plain ignorance.

Can you deny the whole dynamic of the game changed ?

I can’t blame McBaffling as such, there were some tired legs out there having put in a reight shift.

But not making any connection between how we managed to take pressure off the defence by our ability to make the ball stick up top, and the stark contrast which was the polar opposite when he replaced moose, affords at least questions to be asked / answered. IMHO.

UTB

You're a grown man right? Name calling is embarrassing. Grow up. Pathetic

McBurnie is a lazy cunt, every other player in our team presses but he gets away with it for some reason?

There’s been some slagging off from a few on this thread against our fans so I’ll keep it on tack and say there’s some right muppets who simply don’t watch us play properly. We defend from the front, why Wilder brought him on at 2-0 up when we defend from the front is anyone’s guess.

People will forget about his contribution to our downfall due to his goal, now that is plain ignorance.
No offence pal but if you can’t read the posts as to WHY he wasn’t closing down YOU’RE the ignorant one.

Amazing ain’t it, we concede 3 goals in 7 minutes and it’s the striker’s fault?!?
of course not, it’s a team game but we play a specific system. perhaps he was told to play like that
still think he’ll be a big player for us

Anyone who is moaning about him not pressing is a numpty.

Having one player run after the ball and chase down, when the rest of your team is sitting deep is moronic; it breaks the first line and serves no purpose other than to appease simpletons.
Pressing is only any good if the team is working as a unit, ie the first half. One man presses the player on the ball while supporting players close the angles and remove options.

Jesus wept, the man scored the equaliser and people are moaning. Beggars belief

I suppose the numpties could be referring to the type of closing down that Mousset did in the ‘second’ half to win the ball back, give it to Fleck who then put him through with that sublime pass to make it 2-0.

I don’t know, maybe you missed that?

I’m no fan of McBurnie, but he took his goal exceptionally well, that said, he’s got to do a lot more when he’s not in possession if he’s going to earn a place in this team. Sharp and Robinson came on and looked like ‘fresh legs’, closed down the opposition and showed for the ball when we had possession. When Robinson came on, it crossed my mind that McBurnie might be going off, he looked that exhausted.

Strange innit

Wilder has faith in him but some cupboard managers in here write him off

He's played for 18 minutes scored a vital goal and still the knives of the dumb and ignorant come out

When Wilder loses faith in him I will

Till then the doubters can just fuck off

Support the team your no good as pundits
i haven’t written him off far from it but fact is when lys went off they banged 3 goals in and chris had to bring bill on to chase around a bit
i think the criticism is justified.. could start to win the fans over by putting himself about like callum did .. he was running around like a man possesed

I suppose the numpties could be referring to the type of closing down that Mousset did in the ‘second’ half to win the ball back, give it to Fleck who then put him through with that sublime pass to make it 2-0.

I don’t know, maybe you missed that?
That’s when we were chasing them; not defending a lead behind tired bodies

No offence pal but if you can’t read the posts as to WHY he wasn’t closing down YOU’RE the ignorant one.
Wasting your time, same happened with James Beattie.

Sure he can get you 20 goals a season but he won't run about. Lazy, payed thousands blah blah.

Do you not think he might just be playing to instruction when he’s not closing everything down? A simple one two and he’s cut out of the game entirely and we’ve lost shape.

It baffles me how fans seem to forget players don’t just go out there and play, as subs they’re told how to play for a good 3/4 minutes before they make their way onto the pitch.
no.. sorry mate but that’s simply not how we play

H
i haven’t written him off far from it but fact is when lys went off they banged 3 goals in and chris had to bring bill on to chase around a bit
i think the criticism is justified.. could start to win the fans over by putting himself about like callum did .. he was running around like a man possesed
I didn't realise Mc Burnie was playing at the back. How was he to blame for man Utd 300m pound forward line coming to life.
The midfield was tiring and weren't getting the ball forward . Mc Burnie cannot in any way be responsible for man Utd finally playing as they should be able too
They threw caution to the wind pushed Maguire forward and scored 3 incisive goals. Which one wàs mcBurnie at fault for 70 yards up the pitch.
He took the goal with aplomb.
I suppose you think it's easy playing 47 minutes in 7 games and being expected to come on and be up to speed.
I'll bet you 20 quid he finishes the season with double figures

and mcburnie wasn’t pressing at all
it’s funny i rather like the lad and my only comment was that he should have put a few challenges in and i get fucking pelters
he did fuck all until he scored end of
live with it

That’s when we were chasing them; not defending a lead behind tired bodies

Tired bodies my arse, those goals were the first goals Utd have conceded in the last fifteen minutes of any game this season. We are sixth in the league, because we out work teams, from the first minute to the last we press them into making mistakes and are extremely strong in possession.

I’m sorry but we could not play our style of football, with players who are ‘tired’ after 70 minutes, however well that fits your argument :rolleyes:

Because his teammates weren’t either 😂 that’s exactly the point. If he presses on his own (which our forwards don’t do) then we lose all shape.
he wasn’t pressing when the others were you have selective memory pal

Tired bodies my arse, those goals were the first goals Utd have conceded in the last fifteen minutes of any game this season. We are sixth in the league, because we out work teams, from the first minute to the last we press them into making mistakes and are extremely strong in possession.

Im sorry but we could not play our style of football, with players who are ‘tired’ after 70 minutes, however that suits your argument :rolleyes:
We were tired. Lundstram in paticular was blowing out of his arse, Jags too. We got a second wind towards the end of the game, enough to get us back into it. Very simple.

So the instructions and substitutions were wrong then?
Maybe so, can’t say I’d disagree with that. But we had definitely starting dropping off and stopped pressing as a team. As I’ve said previously you can’t press individually or you get torn to shreds. When we press we press as a unit and if McBurnie presses and Lundstram is miles behind him there’s a huge pocket of space to play - we don’t do that.

I’ve never known a player be so lacklustre and effortless be defended so much by Blades fans. As Wilder as said on a number of occasions, effort is the minimum that should happen, it’s the quality of play that can’t always happen as opposition players can stop this. Forget about the quality of him for a moment, In my opinion, he isn’t giving 100%.

Back
Top Bottom