Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

a guy behind me said we'd lose the game no mcburnie came on, somehow said it was his fault for each of his goals, then gave him no credit for the goal. hopefully this goal gives him and robinson some confidence and we start seeing what wilder saw in them

a guy behind me said we'd lose the game no mcburnie came on, somehow said it was his fault for each of his goals, then gave him no credit for the goal. hopefully this goal gives him and robinson some confidence and we start seeing what wilder saw in them

Amazing ain’t it, we concede 3 goals in 7 minutes and it’s the striker’s fault?!?

Ollie McB has had a bit of a lean time admittedly, but, it’s a long season and the way team work for each other I’m sure he’ll come good at the right time. They’ll make sure of it. Today’s goal will give him a great deal of confidence.

Ollie McB has had a bit of a lean time admittedly, but, it’s a long season and the way team work for each other I’m sure he’ll come good at the right time. They’ll make sure of it. Today’s goal will give him a great deal of confidence.
I thought both Robinson and McBurnie looked sharp today. We possibly need another version of Moose though, Watkins?

Amazing ain’t it, we concede 3 goals in 7 minutes and it’s the striker’s fault?!?
Can you deny the whole dynamic of the game changed ?

I can’t blame McBaffling as such, there were some tired legs out there having put in a reight shift.

But not making any connection between how we managed to take pressure off the defence by our ability to make the ball stick up top, and the stark contrast which was the polar opposite when he replaced moose, affords at least questions to be asked / answered. IMHO.

UTB

Strange innit

Wilder has faith in him but some cupboard managers in here write him off

He's played for 18 minutes scored a vital goal and still the knives of the dumb and ignorant come out

When Wilder loses faith in him I will

Till then the doubters can just fuck off

Support the team your no good as pundits

Speak for yourself, dumb and ignorant I might be, but I can spell you're. Also he's played more than 18 mins in total, if I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up but he doesn't warrant the price tag yet. Also the fact that the clubs record signing isn't starting suggests it's not been working. But if he scores every game from now on, he will win me over, but it will be because of what he does on the pitch, not what clobber he wears, how big his beard is or how big a Blade it makes you.

Speak for yourself, dumb and ignorant I might be, but I can spell you're. Also he's played more than 18 mins in total, if I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up but he doesn't warrant the price tag yet. Also the fact that the clubs record signing isn't starting suggests it's not been working. But if he scores every game from now on, he will win me over, but it will be because of what he does on the pitch, not what clobber he wears, how big his beard is or how big a Blade it makes you.
He's played a total of 47 minutes in the last 7 games . What were you expecting 8 goals?
Arsenal paid 60 m for Pepe and mcburnie scored more than he has in a third as many minutes on the pitch

Last edited:
Difference being, criticism is fine if they've done something on the pitch to deserve it. Moore was poor today, so I'm criticising.

McBurnie posts on Instagram and it's "gerrim sold, disgrace, absolute twat", it's personal, on the pitch he's had a slow start but he's been alright for most of the minutes he's played.
Moore made two good saves!

Because as Klaatu Barada Nikto says he offered nothing, plus he gave the ball away which almost led to a 4th goal for them!
It's not just me that sees his shortcomings, but a lot on here are looking at McBurnie through rose colored specs!
No it’s not just you, there are others out there who know fuck all as well.

2/3 minutes before Mousset pulled up he was clearly spent and I would've preferred us bring Sharp on at that point, Lindelof & Maguire were dominant in the air and whenever McBurnie has played before we resort to the long ball. Sharp would've pressed them and is more mobile off the ball then McBurnie is.

I’m personally starting to get annoyed with all this mcburnie nonsense!!. Yes he’s struggled to make an impact but I believe he’s a confidence player and his goal today should help immensely?. He’s only played 47 minutes out of the last 7 games FFS🙄.
He looked really sharp when he came on!!. Really proud of the lads today even though i wasn’t there to see it🙁. UTB ⚔️⚔️⚔️

He pressed slightly more than usual. Slightly. I don;t understand it. Young lad. Premier League. You'd think he'd be giving everything.

Glad he got the goal and hope that's the confidence he needs to push on.

I'd be tempted to start Robinson if Mouse is out though. Albeit I'm not sure which of those options is worse. I don't see Sharp having enough at this level. He's good at proving me wrong though.
Do you not think he might just be playing to instruction when he’s not closing everything down? A simple one two and he’s cut out of the game entirely and we’ve lost shape.

It baffles me how fans seem to forget players don’t just go out there and play, as subs they’re told how to play for a good 3/4 minutes before they make their way onto the pitch.

Strange innit

Wilder has faith in him but some cupboard managers in here write him off

He's played for 18 minutes scored a vital goal and still the knives of the dumb and ignorant come out

When Wilder loses faith in him I will

Till then the doubters can just fuck off

Support the team your no good as pundits
Have you ever thought it's his only option? 🤔

Can you deny the whole dynamic of the game changed ?

I can’t blame McBaffling as such, there were some tired legs out there having put in a reight shift.

But not making any connection between how we managed to take pressure off the defence by our ability to make the ball stick up top, and the stark contrast which was the polar opposite when he replaced moose, affords at least questions to be asked / answered. IMHO.

UTB

We were hoofing it clear and couldn’t string two passes together. Not sure what McBurnie could have done?

Anyone who is moaning about him not pressing is a numpty.

Having one player run after the ball and chase down, when the rest of your team is sitting deep is moronic; it breaks the first line and serves no purpose other than to appease simpletons.
Pressing is only any good if the team is working as a unit, ie the first half. One man presses the player on the ball while supporting players close the angles and remove options.

Jesus wept, the man scored the equaliser and people are moaning. Beggars belief

Last edited:
Do you not think he might just be playing to instruction when he’s not closing everything down? A simple one two and he’s cut out of the game entirely and we’ve lost shape.

It baffles me how fans seem to forget players don’t just go out there and play, as subs they’re told how to play for a good 3/4 minutes before they make their way onto the pitch.

Every other player closes opponents down?

Having one player run after the ball and chase down, when the rest of your team is sitting deep is moronic; it breaks the first line and serves no purpose other than to appease simpletons.
Pressing is only any good if the team is working as a unit, ie the first half. One man presses the player on the ball while supporting players close the angles and relive options.

giphy (5).gif

Pressing is only any good if the team is working as a unit, ie the first half. One man presses the player on the ball while supporting players close the angles and remove options.

Spend the whole game pressing as a unit and not randomly charging at the player with the ball, the second McBurnie comes on he's slated for not charging at the player with the ball.

Back
Top Bottom