Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Its all about systems, IMO McBurnie would do better if he had a striker/CAM next to him that could stretch a defence so he than has more empty pockets of space to play in, at the moment it seems he is expected to play as a target man and despite his stature hes seems to get crowded out. It’s funny that two of our youngest and most expensive players are being ask to play in roles not familiar to them and yet seem to get stick. I said it in the sander thread he didn’t pay 20 million.

The kids rhubarb. We won’t get anywhere near what we paid for him going forward and if Wilder can actually see it for what it is, will go the exact same way as Cal Rob. We need soo much better.

Wont get any better as it’s basic and fundamental attributes of being a footballer that he is lacking. Which bearing in mind additionally he has no athletic attributes either, all adds up to one big fuck off headache !!

UTB
Seriously let’s get rid of Wilder and put you in as manager, I’m sure you can lead us to unprecedented success with your amazing football insight!

The kids rhubarb. We won’t get anywhere near what we paid for him going forward and if Wilder can actually see it for what it is, will go the exact same way as Cal Rob. We need soo much better.

Wont get any better as it’s basic and fundamental attributes of being a footballer that he is lacking. Which bearing in mind additionally he has no athletic attributes either, all adds up to one big fuck off headache !!

UTB
I'd rather Robinson were here than out on loan, atleast we'd have someone else to blame.

Seriously let’s get rid of Wilder and put you in as manager, I’m sure you can lead us to unprecedented success with your amazing football insight!
No one is suggesting get rid of Wilder. Wind your neck in.

Many are starting to see McBaffling in the way I have seen McBaffling for a while now and it is not without time !!

If you would like to start a sack Wilder and get DB in thread, knock yourself out.

Keep on topic on this thread though if you could be so kind !!

UTB

The service was abysmal - agreed.

But The kid can’t consistently trap a bag of sand. It really is that bad. 2nd touch is routinely a tackle. Watch closely.

The amount of possession turnover we suffer as a DIRECT result of his involvement in a play phase is staggering. Watch closely.

His headers on goal are weak. His shots are tame. Watch closely.

Not anywhere near as good aerially as many would make out. Watch closely.

Gets caught on his heels when he should be on his toes, resulting in CBs knicking the ballaway. Watch closely.

In the beautiful and wonderful world of all things S2 4SU, a significant number of our arm chair expert fans have throughout the years come to love the big lad up top that wins headers. It’s a favourite attribute that has this throng cheering at every opportunity when said lad wins said header. The fact it ended up in row Z is of NO relevance whatsoever !!

UTB
Well said, Drongo, my God, we’ve missed your incisive mind...

McBurnie isn't going to beat a man with pace and skill so we need to get midfielders close to him. The issue since the restart is that Norwood has been even more anchored to the halfway line and the two other central midfielders have been static.

McBurnie is a lightning rod for some: it's not his fault that the team isn't performing but it is the team's fault that he's looked poor.

How many clear cut chances have we conjured up in two games since the restart? Half a chance for Lundstram at Villa (good play from McBurnie) and a header for Sharp today. That's it.

I've seen interviews with McBurnie, & retweets, insta posts etc. in which he down-talks gym work, fitness training etc.

He needs to realise, quickly, that if he's going to make it at this level that's exactly what he needs to be working on. He needs to be able to at least match centre halves for pace / strength. As it is, he's getting thrown around like a rag doll & easily out paced.
We might not be playing to his strengths, but he's not a good enough player at this level for any team to adjust their way of playing to suit his needs.

He's another new signing - like Robinson, like Mousset, that just don't seem to lack some of the fundamental athletic requirements to be successful at this level. And none of them seem bothered enough to go away & work hard at it. Always laughing and joking and taking it easy. They can all be excellent Championship players without putting any work in, but let's not go down with them.

Not playing to his strengths, in a side making few chances... He's never gonna look streets ahead is he?

He's more to offer than we've seen in a red and white shirt.

Not convinced you’re “watching closely” enough.

Well said, Drongo, my God, we’ve missed your incisive mind...

Nor you. Please, for the love of god, just “watch closely”.

That is all.

He showed all those assets with his goal against Brighton away. I don't know what you expected from him today when he was at some points in the centre circle trying to get the ball.

End of the day we had nothing down the wings, as was the same in the reverse fixture. Villa we weren't great either but fortunately they didnt take any go their chances

This one time at band camp.

No one is suggesting get rid of Wilder. Wind your neck in.

Many are starting to see McBaffling in the way I have seen McBaffling for a while now and it is not without time !!

If you would like to start a sack Wilder and get DB in thread, knock yourself out.

Keep on topic on this thread though if you could be so kind !!

UTB
You don’t get sarcasm do you! I’m sure you have made a good living in the game with your valuable insight and experience, are you currently free to manage or locked in a long term contract somewhere else?

But The kid can’t consistently trap a bag of sand. It really is that bad. 2nd touch is routinely a tackle. Watch closely.

The amount of possession turnover we suffer as a DIRECT result of his involvement in a play phase is staggering. Watch closely.

Gets caught on his heels when he should be on his toes, resulting in CBs knicking the ballaway. Watch closely.

In the beautiful and wonderful world of all things S2 4SU, a significant number of our arm chair expert fans have throughout the years come to love the big lad up top that wins headers. It’s a favourite attribute that has this throng cheering at every opportunity when said lad wins said header. The fact it ended up in row Z is of NO relevance whatsoever !!

UTB

How lucky for us then that your not another armchair expert. I'd rather stick with our experienced manager & staff who's opinions matter for real. Stop dissing our fans

UTB
With all those "watch closely" comments. It's hard to see how he scored so many goals in the championship last season. As for the arm chair fan comment, don't make me laugh. I've been a season ticket holder from being 8 years old, I'm now 25, get off your high horse and stop acting a prat with stupid comments like that.

Back
Top Bottom