Mcburnie, Robinson, Jags, Besic and Freeman...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You seem like someone who understands football
How did you end up on here ?
As he so often does, Lewis Carroll has the answer:

“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?” said Alice.

“That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,” said the Cat.

“I don’t much care where—” said Alice.

“Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,” said the Cat.

“—so long as I get
somewhere,” Alice added as an explanation.

“Oh, you’re sure to do that,” said the Cat, “if you only walk long enough.”

Must be a bit pissed off at not getting a shirt. We are going with the promoted side, with only Moose of the new players starting the last couple of games. We are playing superb stuff at the moment but will the natives start getting restless?

Honestly couldn't care less how pissed off they are. None mentioned have done anything to deserve a shirt. If they were proving themselves better than the current crop, day-in-day-out, then they would be getting said shirt.

Freeman looks to be the pick of them but we don't (currently) deploy either a winger or a number ten.

Cash we'd have spent on players like this. They need time to adapt to a totally different system. McBurnie has to learn to move outside of the "right" areas when someone else is bombing into them (Namely Enda/Baldock). Robinson needs to know how to directly run at centre halves, Besic was always going to be "when needed" and we are finding success without Freeman's natural position. Jags is never going to displace any of them, but does it look like the defence has benefited from his immeasurable knowledge in the Premier League? Ask yourselves. Importantly, each of these players have added new impetus to the existing team.

Each will come good. Wilder has played a blinder with each signing.

Out of the current starting 11 it's Norwood whose place is most under threat for me, I could see Lunny dropping in there allowing Freeman to come in and the midfield 3 to play slightly more advanced than they do at the moment.

Besic can count himself unlucky but he's the type of player that will grasp his chance when it comes, (suspension, injury) and whoever he replaces could find themselves struggling to win their shirt back.

CW will have his January targets already lined up and depending who they are there will be some who start missing out on the match day squad altogether, (Billy, Robbo and maybe Jags if we strengthen at the back, which we need to do). Then there's Ravel, if CW and the coaches are working hard with them like they have been with Moose he could yet force his way into the reckoning.

Of course they all have a decent chance to integrate and it's way way too early to write anyone off at this stage, especially with our management team at the helm.............but i just have a bad feeling that McBurnie isn't going to work out here.

There's a question mark as to whether Freeman can play in a flat 3. I presume Chris thinks he can but it will probably take some times to step up a division and play in an unfamiliar role. It will interesting to see if he gets the nod if Fleck is out or whether Besic or Osborn will play there.

There's a question mark as to whether Freeman can play in a flat 3. I presume Chris thinks he can but it will probably take some times to step up a division and play in an unfamiliar role. It will interesting to see if he gets the nod if Fleck is out or whether Besic or Osborn will play there.

Didn’t he play in Fleck’s position when Fleck was out injured? And do quite well?

yes he has pace ... however his control is certainly letting him down, except after scoring in Chelsea game.

BTW I didn’t agree with the choice. I’d have gone with Sharp.

Robinson showed pace pre season and yes he does look uncomfortable running and has one pace now ... for some reason

He’s not ready IMO for a high pressing game and it was like playing with 10 men those last few minutes, a work on progress?

When I see Callum Robinson at the moment, it reminds of the dream I have when I’m going to school with just my pants on, running through treacle to get to the bus and I can’t get up the two steps to get onto the bus.

Don’t know if this has been touched upon but where is Osborn? Not even making the bench now?
exactly my thoughts... looking at the bench for Tottenham, it almost looks like kamikaze from CWAK:
L. Freeman, McB, Sharp, Robinson, Jags, Moore, Besic.

If one of our WB's goes off injured in that game, we are buggered. To list 4 attacking players, 1 defender and 1 midfielder on your bench is mental... Would have thought Osborn could have staked a place on the bench in that game

He must have some serious trust in the WB's fitness to do that, or trust in other players to fill those roles?

Back
Top Bottom