Match ticket prices !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Derbyblade1968

Reaction score
Just been reading on pork talk where Barnsley are charging 36 quid for the pig visit. I can understand this as the pigs are ripping everyone off but the same rule applies which means Barnsley have to charge the same to their own fans . Barnsley fans are been punished twice this season for playing the pigs. Its 10% of the average man's wage .. I've read today Alex from arsenal is to earn 450k a week at man utd . I have match tickets 1000s upon thousands going back to 60s our visit to Highbury in the prem 1st year was 9 quid. In early 90s... Football and sky are killing the game and greedy foreign owners .

Just been reading on pork talk where Barnsley are charging 36 quid for the pig visit. I can understand this as the pigs are ripping everyone off but the same rule applies which means Barnsley have to charge the same to their own fans . Barnsley fans are been punished twice this season for playing the pigs. Its 10% of the average man's wage .. I've read today Alex from arsenal is to earn 450k a week at man utd . I have match tickets 1000s upon thousands going back to 60s our visit to Highbury in the prem 1st year was 9 quid. In early 90s... Football and sky are killing the game and greedy foreign owners .

That’s why you can never knock Uncle Kev for keeping matchday prices affordable. He’s always done right by us in that regard.

Does that pricing rule only affect home fans that share the same stand ? the away stand at Barnsley is not shared its compeltely separate.

34.2.8 No Club shall charge higher admission prices for visiting supporters for accommodation that is ranked as comparable with or inferior to that used by supporters of the Home Club in the same or next highest ranked accommodation. For the purposes of this Regulation, accommodation shall be allocated a ranking as indicated by the table below (where 1 represents the best available and 6 the lowest) having regard to the following criteria:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/

Last edited:
I don’t think we’re charging much less than that for the Cat A games are we?

I’ve just bought a senior concessionary ticket for the Villa game online for a mate on Westfield Corner and it cost £27, so I’d have thought the none concessions price wouldn’t be far off what Barnsley are charging the Pork. It make my season ticket’s average match price of around 11 quid a game in the same stand pretty damn fantastic. :)

As far as I know Barnsley don’t have to charge the same as Wednesday did at Hillsborough. They might choose to, which is their prerogative

They can only charge away fans the same as home fans in an area with comparable facilities, this is why we can charge away fans a few quid more than home fans as the lane end has better facilities than on the kop. Try telling that to an away fan but they get their refreshment and toilets under cover we all know what our kop is like.

Ticket prices ate going up much faster than wages. The ability to (illegally) access live streams is going to continue to hurt clubs outside London and Manchester unless clubs wake up and do something about it.

Unfortunately that thing is cut your cloth accordingly and accept that you can only compete at a certain level

I just hope McCabe keeps our prices as they are now, Wednesdays prices of £40+ for standard championship games is ridiculous. I think our prices are fair. SorrY for going off topic slightly

I don’t think we’re charging much less than that for the Cat A games are we?

I’ve just bought a senior concessionary ticket for the Villa game online for a mate on Westfield Corner and it cost £27, so I’d have thought the none concessions price wouldn’t be far off what Barnsley are charging the Pork. It make my season ticket’s average match price of around 11 quid a game in the same stand pretty damn fantastic. :)

Think I paid 31 for the kop for the pig game

Back
Top Bottom