Match Thread Match Day Thread : The Mighty Blades v Sunderland (Carabao Cup 3rdRND)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SUND
SUND
SUND
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after the magnificent win at Goodison on Saturday it's likely to be mass changes, perhaps an entire 11? Next season is the time to think about a serious cup run if we remain in the PL. That said I always want to see us win, after few of the main 11 take part, then the risk is minimal....

But anyway?

Any team news? :)

Clarke to start?

Mcgoldrick a chance to hone is striking skills? ;)

Presumably we still daren't give Verrips an appearance?

Clearly we'll have one eye on Saturday's game despite that seeming an impossible task. However it's a chance for those on the fringe, or requiring match fitness to gain such. We shouldn't underestimate the opposition either who are going solidly if unspectacularly in L1. 3-1 Blades is my early prediction :)

UTB

Hope we don't win. It could lead to another home tie in the next round and the club could be forced to open the Kop. Would hate them to have to overextend themselves like that.

A first rate sorce tells me Robinson and Mousset will be starting up front, as recommended.

Hope that doesn't mean Moose will be on the bench vs Liverpool. I really want to see him start. He's by far our most dangerous attacking option.

Hopefully he plays no more than 70 minutes.

I don't know how we expect to trouble Liverpool if we don't start him.

Hope that doesn't mean Moose will be on the bench vs Liverpool. I really want to see him start. He's by far our most dangerous attacking option.
He will be on the bench in my opinion.
We are going to work very hard against them to stay in the game.can see him coming on to either try to save the game or win it.If its tight even pool are vulnerable to the counter punch , it's a game they expect to win keep it tight and who knows.

Does anyone know if Sharp is suspended?, are red cards competition specific?

Don’t normally go to cup games because I know we’ll be playing the reserves
but this season even our reserves are, on paper, pretty good.

So I’m going tonight mainly to see the qualities of Ravel , Besic and Osborn.
Went against Blackburn and although we were crap I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere....didn’t feel nervous like I do for league matches.
The Blackburn game reminded me of a pre-season friendly, expect tonight’s match to be similar.

Odds keep increasing on Liverpool for some reason.

Does Klopp usually play severely weakened teams in the early rounds of the cup?

It would be bad for us if MK Dons were to beat them tonight.

Moore
Freeman, K - Jags - Stears - Bryan - Osborn
Besic - Morrison - Freeman, L
Under 23s striker - Robinson

I reckon.

Clarke on the bench.

People complaining about this light show thing most fucking modern progressive clubs have it and IMO the way Wolves implemented is very impressive and helps the build up to kick off. But hey ho suppose its another thing that we can complain about. Just seen someone on twitter saying it "reeks of the prince, waste of money!".

Oh no, they're turning BDTBL into a Little Mix concert!!!! 🤔
View attachment 61827

Fans should be aware that flashing lights at retina-busting lumen levels will be produced and should only view the ‘light spectacular’ through a pinhole camera if wishing to use their eyes to watch the next home game against Liverpool on Saturday.

Please note that pinhole cameras will not be provided at the game.

Well I'm off to get a root canal done😐 but anyway I for one always want to see a W so will be disappointed if we don't go for it full throttle,Liverpool on sat notwithstanding.

UTB

Almost certain they announced we'd be having lightshows when they announced that we'd got new floodlights, when the work was being done.

Pre court case decision.

But fact have never stood in the way of a good moan, especially if you can ignore them to suit an agenda.

To be expected really. I'm slightly surprised Robinson hasn't been rested if he's carrying a knock.

McBurnie and McGoldrick for Saturday then. No issues with that and having Mousset on from the bench when/if needed.

One issue that I can almost feel the frustrated reactions as I even start to think about typing it out...but to not have a single youth player in the squad for what’s not a particularly important game against League 1 opposition does strike me as a bit poor, particularly when on the bench we have an old player in Clarke that we’re actively trying to move out of the club.

A reason might be that any Academy player with any ability is already out on loan. Perhaps so. But it doesn’t look great.

McBurnie and McGoldrick for Saturday then. No issues with that and having Mousset on from the bench when/if needed.

One issue that I can almost feel the frustrated reactions as I even start to think about typing it out...but to not have a single youth player in the squad for what’s not a particularly important game against League 1 opposition does strike me as a bit poor, particularly when on the bench we have an old player in Clarke that we’re actively trying to move out of the club.

A reason might be that any Academy player with any ability is already out on loan. Perhaps so. But it doesn’t look great.

Is McGoldrick fit? It's a risk playing Robinson should he get injured, if not.

I agree with your comment about academy players but doubt we have any at the club even close. I would have thought we'd be better of playing Clarke, He's only an injury away from being on the bench.

Go out to win the game. It could be a game of tiddlywinks and I’d still want us to win.

Win tonight and we are one match away from the last 8

RND is playing at Old Trafford tonight. Hope Rochdale get a shock result.

Back
Top Bottom