Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Leeds United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would have bet my life savings on that chance for Sharp. Wonderfully set up by McGoldrick. Sharp was probably marginally offside – had it gone in I wouldn’t have been surprised to see the flag go up.

Last edited:

After a decent start we’ve had a very poor spell the last 10. For me Duffy’s not really been in it – unless he improves I think we’d benefit from moving McGoldrick there and bring on Clarke. Henderson’s point-blank save was excellent – deflected too. Very fortunate not to have conceded a penalty from Baldock’s shirt-pull. Pretty even game so far.
Clarke isnt on the bench

Clarke isnt on the bench

Ta – hadn’t seen the bench. In which case, might be an opportunity for His Excellency to continue where he left off on Tuesday – which might not be a bad thing given we’ve been out of possession more than usual today. His pace on the break could offer something we don’t have currently in those situations.

Washington hits the bar over head kick :(

Absolutely shithouse passing.

Norwood absent.

Washington was bright when he came on.

Ref was shit from both sides.

McG couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo at the moment.

Henderson dropping a fucking reyt bollock.

Would have been a good 0-0 against a strong team on a day where we weren't at it if not for that.

It's happened again. Another manager that has watched us and knows how we play. He's simply clogged up the wide areas so that we can't overload and run beyond them. Stifled our favourite trick and we had nothing else to offer.

We will finish where we did last season. Our form is dreadful at the moment. Good away win in the week but look at Brentford's form since Dean Smith left. Makes you think.

I’m not going to criticise Henderson. He’s allowed to drop one, he’s been very good this season and kept us in the game at Rotherham. If you do nothing with all that possession and territory the opposition will eventually go and win it.

Absolutely shithouse passing.

Norwood absent.

Washington was bright when he came on.

Ref was shit from both sides.

McG couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo at the moment.

Henderson dropping a fucking reyt bollock.

Would have been a good 0-0 against a strong team on a day where we weren't at it if not for that.
Needless back pass

We were OK generally, then dropped a bollock when it looked like a certain nil-nil. We're just a bit short against the better teams, as you'd expect, but what worries me is that our performance consistently drops after half-time.

N
We were OK generally, then dropped a bollock when it looked like a certain nil-nil. We're just a bit short against the better teams, as you'd expect, but what worries me is that our performance consistently drops after half-time.

Not sure you can say we came up short today, we were not at our best but we did have a few chances, more than them & a mistake has cost us the game, I thought we just shaded it with home advantage but would have taken a draw, as I am sure they would have too.

Hard to take that. Leeds worked hard but didn't deserve the win.

I hope he’s got a couple of strikers lined up in January? Criticise Henderson? not for me, he will learn from that bollock. We need to start taking our chances against the top sides cos you don’t get that many. Mcgoldrick good link up play today but he’s a wank finisher.

Apart from the first 30 or so, Leeds had it mostly under control I felt, our decision making, reticence to PUT A BALL IN THE FUCKING BOX, and some poor passing left us pretty toothless going forward imo but we were strong at the back against a good attacking side.

Why Fleck took that freekick towards the end I'll never know considering that's almost the exact spot Norwood hit the post from the other week, surely worth a go?

Washington was unlucky, and probably should have come on sooner but for McG, though Duffy was pretty inneffectual after he lost the ball a couple of times and cut down on the risky runs.

Henderson will feel like shit, but that's part of being a keeper when you're in a play out from the back team especially.

Next game has to be Sharp and Washington for me. McG is great to watch but if you're taking up a striker berth you need to put the chances he's getting away.

I fully await someone to say it's all Henderson that's cost us a point, when a worse keeper that just smacks it into touch also doesn't get us a point at Rotherham

I fully await someone to say it's all Henderson that's cost us a point, when a worse keeper that just smacks it into touch also doesn't get us a point at Rotherham

Henderson did cost us a point. The fact he earned us one last week doesn't change that fact.

He's a good player who made a mistake. First one he's made. But it was avoidable, and I don't see why it's an outrage to point that out.

Back
Top Bottom