Match Thread Swansea v The Mighty Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
Back in action this afternoon/early evening with the trip to Wales to face Swansea. And after last night's result, a victory really has become even more important. Very difficult game though, despite Swansea underperforming according to expectations....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Same starting lineup as v QPR?

Or is there a Madine start on the cards?

Who would make way?

For me, Madine seems the way to go today, but McGoldrick's recent form means he has to start. And you just don't at this stage, swap Billy out for Mad. So same again in my opinion. I want to be optimistic on this but I'm not sure we're making it 5 wins in a row. 2-2 I reckon in a crackingly entertaining match.

Safe journey all. Hope we get a more perfect result for you guys...

UTB

Really hope we take these to the cleaners today, hopefully Sharp opens the scoring and Didz n Madine polish it off.
1-3 Blades.

Norwich's win last night has made it more important that we get a win.
I hate Friday night games, for us and other teams, it's like extra pressure has been thrown onto us now all because of Sky.
If we lose or even draw today, then lose at Norwich we could be 10 points behind Leeds and 6 points behind Norwich and things will look very different

There will be a lot of Swansea fans doing proper hate upload_2019-1-19_8-48-55.giftoday if Madine comes on to make his Blades debut and get the winner,of course he is still a Cardiff City player.
jyes.gif

When was the last time we won 5 in a row stato's?

We won 8 on the bounce between March 2017 and August 2017, which tied the club record. Don't think we've won more than 4 in a row since.

Tough one. They're incredibly inconsistent but on their day are a real handful.

Nearly ten years since we won five championship games in a row, April 2009

Back in action this afternoon/early evening with the trip to Wales to face Swansea. And after last night's result, a victory really has become even more important. Very difficult game though, despite Swansea underperforming according to expectations....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Same starting lineup as v QPR?

Or is there a Madine start on the cards?

Who would make way?

For me, Madine seems the way to go today, but McGoldrick's recent form means he has to start. And you just don't at this stage, swap Billy out for Mad. So same again in my opinion. I want to be optimistic on this but I'm not sure we're making it 5 wins in a row. 2-2 I reckon in a crackingly entertaining match.

Safe journey all. Hope we get a more perfect result for you guys...

UTB
I’m also on a draw, perhaps 2-2.

UTB

Huge match this, next week's is even bigger though. 4 points from 6 would be a very good return, in whichever way they came.

Our recent record on games featured on Sky is not great.
We seem to do better with a 3 pm start.

Tough game, but the "last-five-games" stats are crap for them, and I think only Hull have better form than us (they have won all last five games, we have drawn one, won 4), someone can correct me if I am wrong.

We are the form team, play like we have been doing, and we will win.

If we’re not at our best I think we’ll be punished today.

Really interested to see how the new bus has fitted in with the squad. It’s clearly got talent, as shown with the wireless charging, but we’re a tight-knit squad that likes consistency and this might be one change too many this window. If we look disjointed today, I think we’ll all know why.

Really interested to see how the new bus has fitted in with the squad. It’s clearly got talent, as shown with the wireless charging, but we’re a tight-knit squad that likes consistency and this might be one change too many this window. If we look disjointed today, I think we’ll all know why.

I disagree. I think it can be the difference for us today. Some of my biggest personal successes have occurred when I’ve had full battery on my phone.

I disagree. I think it can be the difference for us today. Some of my biggest personal successes have occurred when I’ve had full battery on my phone.

I feel I get complacent in that situation – I rely on the fear of the battery dying to make some inspired last-minute decision-making. By never charging my phone over 10%, I’m always bringing my A Game.

A general pattern with Swansea games is that they are very open.
Swansea seem to create plenty of chances each game but the opposition also seem to create plenty of chances against them.
So it will be down to the finishing and in general their finishing has been poor.

We’ve won 4 on the bounce, which we’ve already done twice this season then lost the next game.
Hope I’m wrong but my prediction is an entertaining 2-2 draw.

"Are we there yet ?"
When you hear that you know it will be a bad journey.

Remember no tolls on m4 over Severn crossing so quicker straight down m5 to Bristol and over than cross country north of Worcester (if you go that way watch out for mobile speed vans anorl ;) COYRWW

Today begins the toughest six weeks of the season, no exaggeration to say these are the season defining weeks.

A draw today would be okay but then we would have to win at Norwich. And that is without keeping an eye on what West Brom are up to.

Unpredictable game. But one we have to be winning. We have to prove that 5 wins in a row isn't a step too far. It would then take the pressure off the Norwich game next week.

Back
Top Bottom