Massey.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BigBed

Aboard the sinking ship......
Reaction score
Young Wigan number 11, looked brilliant v Leeds yesterday, and looks better than Madine n Hogan, how much would he cost in the summer I wonder?

Is he like fuel prices, variable with the time of year and will ooec have a say?

I dunno much about him tbh...How many times this season has he played as well as he did yesterday?

Madine and Hogan aren't the answer next season, no matter which division we play in.

The division we're in will determine what type of player Wilder feels will improve us.

There looked a couple of Wigan players who looked pretty decent, and wouldn't be bad shouts for us to try and get in the summer.

Gavin Massey and Reece James.

N.b. just seen the other thread, and realised that James is on loan from Chelsea. Both looked decent players though.

Madine and Hogan aren't the answer next season, no matter which division we play in.

The division we're in will determine what type of player Wilder feels will improve us.
Why not?

Madine has been excellent most of the time and I’ve been so impressed with his attitude. He gives us a very different option

Hogan not played as much but I think for the right price we could have a very good player there.

Why not?

Madine has been excellent most of the time and I’ve been so impressed with his attitude. He gives us a very different option

Hogan not played as much but I think for the right price we could have a very good player there.

And in my opinion, for that is what this is about, either player hasn't excelled when needed to. Against Wednesday Madine was in the pocket of their central defenders, and his inclusion lessens our creative options, putting the emphasis on lumping the ball in the hope that Madine wins the aeriel battle. In the Premiership we'll confront defenders far more canny than those in the Championship, so draw your own conclusions. As for Hogan, not much to add, other than at best he's been average. If you feel that's what we need then no doubt you'll be ecstatic if we get the chance to buy him.

And in my opinion, for that is what this is about, either player hasn't excelled when needed to. Against Wednesday Madine was in the pocket of their central defenders, and his inclusion lessens our creative options, putting the emphasis on lumping the ball in the hope that Madine wins the aeriel battle. In the Premiership we'll confront defenders far more canny than those in the Championship, so draw your own conclusions. As for Hogan, not much to add, other than at best he's been average. If you feel that's what we need then no doubt you'll be ecstatic if we get the chance to buy him.
Madine was fantastic against West Brom and other games. The whole side was shite against Wednesday

Hogan has been back up for billy, but has looked decent when I’ve seen him. I think if we’d got him in the summer we’d have seen much more of him

Madine was fantastic against West Brom and other games. The whole side was shite against Wednesday

Hogan has been back up for billy, but has looked decent when I’ve seen him. I think if we’d got him in the summer we’d have seen much more of him

We'll have to agree to disagree about Madine, I've watched most of his games and at no point did the word 'fantastic' cross my mind. The fact that Warnock considered shifting him, especially when it was clear that Cardiff were going to struggle, tells me all I need to know.

As for Hogan, again, he had ample opportunity at Villa to impress. Seems their patience grew thin waiting for him to deliver.

Back
Top Bottom