Mascot costs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Prices are ridiculous, would it really be that costly/bad a thing if it was free for the kids? Obviously you need to limit it but it’s a chance for kids to fulfil a dream. Either than or if they’re in the junior blades or other clubs equivalent then when it’s their birthday they get asked to do it.

Prices are ridiculous, would it really be that costly/bad a thing if it was free for the kids? Obviously you need to limit it but it’s a chance for kids to fulfil a dream. Either than or if they’re in the junior blades or other clubs equivalent then when it’s their birthday they get asked to do it.

Blades charge £250/300.

There are a few clubs that do it for free, Manchester duo, Chelsea, Liverpool (whereas Everton are £700+).

Why are we surprised that some clubs find more ways to rip off their fans.

If it were free we would have 50 mascots per game.

I know what you mean though.

I know a Coventry fan and it’s free for them, but you have to buy the full kick for the day which is fair enough.

I think he emailed for his lad and got a place on first come first served basis.

Cost us £250 2 seasons ago.

Think it’s free to be the away mascot on the basis you pay for the full kit. I could be wrong mind you.

It is expensive, but given what is included and the efforts put into making the experience memorable, we found it very worthwhile (for grandson, 3 or 4 years ago). He still looks back on it fondly, as indeed do I! It makes a good birthday present which extended family willingly contributed to, instead of having to buy separate presents. The book of photos at the end is terrific.

Blades charge £250/300.

There are a few clubs that do it for free, Manchester duo, Chelsea, Liverpool (whereas Everton are £700+).

Why are we surprised that some clubs find more ways to rip off their fans.

Yes Everton charge £700 but the money does go to charity

Bloody hell, I always assumed it was free. Am I just stupidly naiive, or is it reasonable to think that a "family club" wouldn't charge 3 figures for a little lad to get the treat of a lifetime from his heroes?

At the sty it only costs 2 tins of hammerite, 3 paint brushes, 1 washing up liquid bottle (empty), some tarpaulin and 3 bottles of deludomol laxative and a pair of vals knickers.
All you need to make a Tracy island....
:tumbleweed:

It will be worth £250 for the photographic evidence of my wife being at Bramall Lane for the day. It will drive the in-laws mad.

If they have to charge a fee, I’d prefer it to be achievable for most to afford and for the revenue to all go to a charity (perhaps something which supports children from disadvantaged backgrounds?).

I can’t see how the day costs the club that much money.

Why not just have a pool where people can register for the season and then draw it randomly a few weeks in advance?

Pull a couple out like that, and then link up with the local kids charities- Childrens Hospital, Bluebell Wood etc and if theres any kid they want to nominate then let one of them do it as well.

And as for buying the kit- if theyve got it then fine; if not, can they not just lend them one for the day? Theres enough in the shop.

Why not just have a pool where people can register for the season and then draw it randomly a few weeks in advance?

Pull a couple out like that, and then link up with the local kids charities- Childrens Hospital, Bluebell Wood etc and if theres any kid they want to nominate then let one of them do it as well.

And as for buying the kit- if theyve got it then fine; if not, can they not just lend them one for the day? Theres enough in the shop.

Couldn't Adidas just become part of the package and donate a kit or kits, not like they can't afford it.

Back
Top Bottom